It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! A Flying Car Could Go On Sale In 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: choos
a reply to: lostbook

i expect that a pilots licence is mandatory to buy one?

if not, given how most people have trouble driving in regular cars i dont have much hope for flying cars in the future.

You may need a pilot's license but I'm not sure. I read that Terrafugia has a new flying car that doesn't require a pilot's license; only a regular Driver's license.

seems irresponsible to sell a flying car when all you need is a regular driving licence.. some people cant even navigate out of the garage with a regular car..

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: choos

You can buy a plane with out a license, you just need a licensed pilot to fly it for you. If you buy this car, i would be happy to take you up in it.

yea but most aircrafts dont go driving out on the road.. there are alot of idiots in this world that will be willing to take off from a highway.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.
That was a reply meant for another thread.
eek

"eek!" Maybe that can be a catch-phrase for environmental disaster(s)...?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Am i the only one who doesnt give a flying fyck ?

Seriously, who needs a flying car? Most people really needs a freaking bike.

Consider this mass produced. Everyone wants one. Trading that big fat SUV for a flying car??

Haha, good luck in that fairytale.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Not to mention getting in.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Most people really needs a freaking bike.

How about a freaking flying bike!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, if we sold everything we have and cashed in all our stocks and savings, we could probably afford to buy one. So, several hundred thousand dollars is the only figure I could find on cost.

The wife said we would never fit in that car, but she did like the color.
edit on 26-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: choos

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You can buy a plane with out a license, you just need a licensed pilot to fly it for you. If you buy this car, i would be happy to take you up in it.

yea but most aircrafts dont go driving out on the road.. there are alot of idiots in this world that will be willing to take off from a highway.

These will only be allowed to take off and land from airports, anything else will be illegal. Of course, there will be idiots who abuse and bend the rules but I think they will be small in number.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You'd better be in top physical shape for that...imagine running out of "steam" over water...eek

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if we sold everything we have and cashed in all our stocks and savings, we could probably afford to buy one. So, several hundred thousand dollars is the only figure I could find on cost.

The wife said we would never fit in that car, but she did like the color.

Correct. These won't be cheap. Priced from a couple hundred thousand up to the price of a small plane. So, as with all things, the rich will be the first to experience them.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Lots of pasta for breakfast.

That wingspan might be problematic in traffic though. But seriously, I know the air traffic around my nearest city is frightful. The concept is awesome in a Peter Pan sort of way though.

Flying cars? Phfft. We should be on Mars already.

link   

Not to mention getting in.

That's an "eek!" moment.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Haha nice one !

I'd buy that for a dollar!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Lots of pasta for breakfast.

That wingspan might be problematic in traffic though. But seriously, I know the air traffic around my nearest city is frightful. The concept is awesome in a Peter Pan sort of way though.

Flying cars? Phfft. We should be on Mars already.

That's why I said I'm still waiting on the dream that was sold to us. In all honesty, I believe we should be out of the solar system by now, and have bases on Saturn and Jupiter's moons.
edit on 26-12-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Shall I dare say..it's a conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Yes.....What's being hidden?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Flying Cars is something that could've been in play a long time ago. It's all economics in my opinion. If only there was a way to combine our knowledge and resources here on ATS in order to build the future we want!
edit on 27-12-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

There are also safety considerations.

A broken wing fluttering down the freeway...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
For it to be a conspiracy, more than one person/individual acts with another person in order to carry out a covert act..sometimes criminal. Can you honestly say no two people have ever tried to stop advancements in the plebs getting technologies affordable enough.. such as flying cars, and cheap energy?
edit on 12/27/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

For it to be a conspiracy, more than one person/individual acts with another person in order to carry out a act..sometimes criminal.
That's silly. It, by definition, must be a criminal act. Else my saying "I'll meet you at the LZ at 1330." would be a conspiracy. It's not. It's a plan. People used to make plans. Before texting, and crap.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join