It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Christmas couldn't escape to the 2016 curse against 1980s Pop Music Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

The following twitter of today says everything about what this thread is about,

Duran Duran referred to the the so-called curse of 2016 - following the deaths of David Bowie, Prince and Rick Parfitt - posting on their official Twitter account: "2016 - loss of another talented soul. All our love and sympathy to @GeorgeMichael's family."

PLease check:

www.bbc.com...

Why this 2016 has been so cruel and inexorable taken away many of the most gifted singers and musicians of this specific 1980s generation?

This phenomenon is intriguing and at the same time boost the nostalgia for a time that in great way was defined by its music,
it can be seen in a fatal way, but also it has is romantic side, is like of a generation of creative people in some paranormal way
have agreed to depart together.

Here the song Last Christmas , a hit of the Wham British band in the voice of George Michael, that we sincerely wish rest now in peace.

www.youtube.com...

Your opinions are welcome either to express your feelings or to discuss this that is definitively one of the rare aspects that all of who have lived this 2016 and were born by or before the mid nineteen seventies will not be able to forget in long time.

The Pop Music industry and their millions of fans around the world have walked without rest in the twilight zone in this 2016, until its very ending weeks, we hope this is not going to continue running in the same pace, to cross to the other side of the mirror when we begin 2017.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/26/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Nice link with lots of info....I grew up with wham and 80's music...I was shocked he died because he was young ? .... But what is the curse that you posted in your title ? Or did I miss that ....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Peace of God or the Goddess to you Angel of light.

It has been cruel and unrelenting. We can only pray that, if there an evil force behind this, that it stops.

These people gave such happiness to so many. So much light and joy. It is incomprehensible.

Peace be with you.

edit on 26-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Well the curse emerges gradually along the deaths we have watched in the year, but publicly was expressed as an inference carry out from the minds of Duran Duran band shocked with the sequence of fatalities among the musicians of their generation in this 2016.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
........what is the curse that you posted in your title ? Or did I miss that ....

You missed it. But that's okay, so did I. Not to sound callous, but it's '80's pop. If someone were heavily influenced by it, we didn't run in the same circle.

# happens. People get sick and die. Duran Duran is only freaking out because they think they're next.

When Jimi Hendrix died, it was said that Eric Clapton cried. Not because a talented musician and friend died young, but because Jimi left him behind to rot on this #heap. But did it matter in the long run? You still hear Hendrix on the radio and Eric is better than ever.

Think of the catalogue they left behind. Musicians die, their music does not.

How does that saying go? "When I die I want to go heaven because God has one hell of a band".

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Ok...so no one sent a curse out ...its just a weird sequence occurring ....I was wondering if someone actually placed a curse or voodoo doll type thing on the 80's bands....because....in the 80's there was a lot of santanic cult action . So I wasn't sure if it was connected . ...but....looks like we are getting older combined with health and drug issues makes a bad combo...thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of older actors and musicans start to die off ....your right , they aren't getting any younger . Plus with drugs and alcohol , and mid life crisis Attitude , makes a toxic mix...not to mention some people just aren't healthy . And rock stars lived a the party life ,can't make for great healthy golden years !!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of older actors and musicans start to die off ....your right , they aren't getting any younger . Plus with drugs and alcohol , and mid life crisis Attitude , makes a toxic mix...not to mention some people just aren't healthy . And rock stars lived a the party life ,can't make for great healthy golden years !!

Good points, all. I remember seeing some of Freddie Mercury's last known pictures......it wasn't pretty. Yet to some people it's a "curse" when they die in quick secession.

I will mourn when The Stones start to drop off though. I think Ron Wood will be the first. I don't know why. I'm not worried about Kieth though, hell, my 17 year old will outlive him.

But yeah, us common folk seem to make such a big deal out of things like this. As if we knew them personally. We loved them because of the music they brought and that music won't die. What's there to be sad about?

The only time I'll cry for a loved one is when mother passes.

And Taupin, of course.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My guitar couldn't hold it, so I quit the band...

Just a cool song I like from george.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Don't know if he was with Sony but Sony stars often die just at the right time for Sony to make a profit re-releasing there back catalogue, they only have a limited shelf life so getting rid of them is good for business and of course there are ways to make it look natural.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

How does that saying go? "When I die I want to go heaven because God has one hell of a band".

No, when I die I want to go to hell, it's where all the best musicians are and it's gonna be on helluva party...
edit on 27/12/16 by djz3ro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It hits us hard because it forces us to have to let go of that part of our own past. That artist will no longer be creating new songs yet our lives must go on without their new music punctuating our "life moments".

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

The following twitter of today says everything about what this thread is about,

Duran Duran referred to the the so-called curse of 2016 - following the deaths of David Bowie, Prince and Rick Parfitt - posting on their official Twitter account: "2016 - loss of another talented soul. All our love and sympathy to @GeorgeMichael's family."

PLease check:

www.bbc.com...

Why this 2016 has been so cruel and inexorable taken away many of the most gifted singers and musicians of this specific 1980s generation?

This phenomenon is intriguing and at the same time boost the nostalgia for a time that in great way was defined by its music,
it can be seen in a fatal way, but also it has is romantic side, is like of a generation of creative people in some paranormal way
have agreed to depart together.

Here the song Last Christmas , a hit of the Wham British band in the voice of George Michael, that we sincerely wish rest now in peace.

www.youtube.com...

Your opinions are welcome either to express your feelings or to discuss this that is definitively one of the rare aspects that all of who have lived this 2016 and were born by or before the mid nineteen seventies will not be able to forget in long time.

The Pop Music industry and their millions of fans around the world have walked without rest in the twilight zone in this 2016, until its very ending weeks, we hope this is not going to continue running in the same pace, to cross to the other side of the mirror when we begin 2017.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

..Berlin christmas attack...... [Geaorge] 'Michael' and [last] christmas..... and 'he died so peacefully'...

methinks it's related

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you want to get metaphysical about it, the numerology for 2016 is 9 (2+0+1+6=9). 9 is the number of endings and completion.
So the end of a lot of things makes sense, including the end of lives.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
When you live hard, party hard, you die young. Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ever wondered if Mr Meany Pied Piper Lucifer is now collecting the souls of the people who sold out to him ?

In terms of anti-NWO globalism with Brexit and Trump, 2016 has been an awesome year. Oh and evil-doer ISIS with CIA/MI6/Mossad consultants just got bombed and killed in Aleppo.

Even the actress who played Princess Leia in Star Wars just passed away.

Harsh ? Maybe. But haSatan collects all his souls sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

Well, I think it is so much strong and judgemental to claim that all the ones that have died in 2016 are being send to a really bad place or their souls have a common destination.

The most we can say probably is that unfortunately many of these pop stars paid a price for their soon fame and success.

Many of them were dealing with high levels of streemss, anxiety, depression and that together with a relaticely mean level of education push them to different dangerous addictions.

Anyway there are valuable aspects of their contribution to Arts and culture in general we must be grateful to them.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/29/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
Well, I think it is so much strong and judgemental to claim that all the ones that have died in 2016 are being send to a really bad place or their souls have a common destination.

When a famous person dies young via non lethal drugs then there is something just not right.

This World is supposedly now going into a higher frequency as a second wave of gamma radiation from a far off super nova strikes (NASA). Demons cannot handle high frequency which is why they keep creating wars and suffering. The demons are being killed off right now and taking their host bodies, of people who sold their souls, with them.

Even the lead singer Jello Biafra of 'Dead Kennedys' admitted the truth of selling ones soul in the song 'Pull My Strings'

Give me a toot, I'll sell you my soul
Pull my strings and I'll go far

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The album includes the controversial "Pull My Strings" which was played only once on March 25, 1980, when Dead Kennedys were invited to perform at theBay Area Music Awards in front of music industry bigwigs to give the event some "new wave credibility". The band spent the day of the show practicing "California Über Alles", the song they were asked to play. In typically subversive, perverse style, the band became the talking point of the ceremony when after about 15 seconds into the song Jello Biafra said, "Hold it! We've gotta prove that we're adults now. We're not a punk rock band, we're a new wave band."

The band, who all wore white shirts with a big, black S painted on the front, pulled black ties from around the backs of their necks to form a dollar sign, then started playing "Pull My Strings", a satirical attack on the ethics of themainstream music industry.

He's talking about people "selling out" and "selling their souls" to the record labels in their quest for fame. "Selling your soul" is the phrase used because it is kind of like making a deal with the devil, except "the devil" is the record executive and the mainstream music industry he/she represents, and everything it represents. Basically, musicians know that these big record labels are what is destroying the fabric of what true music is and means, and doing harm to humanity in other ways as well, but, they have the power to bestow riches and fame upon those who please them, so there are soooo many people out there willing to change everything about themselves and be totally fake, and so, in essence, "lie" to your fans amd the world about who you are, what kind of person you are.
edit on 1/1/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What are the nonlethal drugs they died from at a young age? You mean like, smoking cannabis? Cause yeah, that would be strange. I've never heard of anyone dying from pot.

top topics

join