It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in the film Jaws...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Was watching the original Jaws on TV last night and noticed some really great shots of meteorites in the background.
The second meteorite does have a strange projection to it which caught my interest.

Clearer version of meteor 1.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LonnyZone

Hahahahaha

I'm on a train as I write and I'm watching jaws!

Gotta say though my friend, it was all shot on a sound stage. No real meteor at all.

Sorry yo, keep hunting.

link   

I dont even know what to say ..literally..

You do know that Jaws is a fake movie right?
Actually it doesnt matter..

link   

Cool find I loled at the second video Roy knows whats going on behind him.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder why they added that in? And is it supposed to be a shooting star, or a missile?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Again I'm watching the movie as this thread is going on and the shooting star scene just happened.

The shooting star just represents how alone they all are in the ocean. Not many shooting stats in LA.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
When you are way out there on the water, there is far less light pollution and you see all sorts of things.

edit on 26-12-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That object took from 1:02 to 1:10 to cross the background behind Roy Schneider's head. Too much time for a meteor.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ah, a light in the sky! Solid proof of aliens from space!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
First shooting star is fake and added. Thats a painted sky in the background on a giant wall behind a water tank at the universal studios movie lot where that scene was filmed. You can see it if you take a backlot tour there.

Also. Los angeles gets lots of shootings stars just like anywhere else. I see abput a dozen spectacular ones esch year and i live in the heart of the city.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Spielberg adds in a shooting star to everyone of his movies, it's a little signature trademark of his. I was surprised when I saw the number of replies to this thread and that no one had yet mentioned this yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Hahahahaha

I'm on a train as I write and I'm watching jaws!

Gotta say though my friend, it was all shot on a sound stage. No real meteor at all.

Sorry yo, keep hunting.

Looks like its actually filmed outside to me. You can tell if background is keyed in.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
I wonder why they added that in? And is it supposed to be a shooting star, or a missile?

Because it looks neat. It adds a little detail that makes it interesting. Movies do that all the time.

There are things happening in the background of movies all the time. Commercials too. Every tiny detail is there for a reason. Animations even more so.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Ah, a light in the sky! Solid proof of aliens from space!

plus, a light in the sky in a hollywood movie. a rock solid proof at that : D

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not filmed in a studio as far as I'm aware its filmed on an island near Massachusetts.
Jaws1 filming location

Hey now, I never said omg aliens, you just jumped to that conclusion. Read my post, it says meteorites...

It was Filmed in 1975.

edit on 29-12-2016 by LonnyZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
First shooting star is fake and added. Thats a painted sky in the background on a giant wall behind a water tank at the universal studios movie lot where that scene was filmed. You can see it if you take a backlot tour there.

Also. Los angeles gets lots of shootings stars just like anywhere else. I see abput a dozen spectacular ones esch year and i live in the heart of the city.

Had they sat down and thought about it prior to filming, you would have been a savior to the production team suggesting that. But as some others have pointed out, it was all shot outside. There's a couple of 'false' shots in there, the main one being the scene where they investigate the sunken boat during the night and the body with the semi detached eyeball appears on screen (always freaked me out when I was younger that scene). This one was actually done in a swimming pool (I think it may have even been the film editors pool but don't quote me on that).

I will add also that Spielberg used to add the shooting stars which were hand painted on the film frames after. He uses this in close encounters and I'm sure there's a few others back from those times where he used it. JJ and his lens flares, Spielberg and his shooting stars.

Only reason I chipped in was to share this documentary about the making of the film. It's amazing how many problems they had with this and a miracle they saw it through to the end. Filming on water as it happens, was not such a good idea...... Enjoy, it's a brilliant watch:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

The "meteor" was probably one of the camera crew who knocked down a stage lamp in the background behind the curtain lol...shift like that sometimes does happen...and then you get this:

new topics

top topics

join