It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The talentless diploma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So lets make it into an interesting topic..

A high school teacher, started drinking heavily, she made remarks about school being a place of the most inhumane acts of our modern society. Me being me couldnt resist asking;" Why? ". She screamed;" You wouldnt understand, cause you followed you own path. "

The longer the night became, the less sense she made.. I tried to figure her out, yet i failed each and every time. "The bullies? " i asked. She looked at me, and said;" wow, you really dont get it "

She looked at me with soulless eyes and said words i never forget;" I destroy their imagination, i torture them for nine years and let them out without imagination, without creativity, without anything.. I nurture them into what society wants.. Im the reaper who takes people kids and make them into something unnatural.. You want me to look in the parents eyes, when they graduate and say, " Your kid was the most talentless, here is a diploma! "...
NO MORE!!!" She looked at me again;" And now you are computing the information, wow.. "

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's true. And after High school anybody can get into prestiges schools unless they have the money to bribe them.

After the no child Left behind act, everyone, no matter who fails, gets a pass.

It's just so corporations can have mindless consumers and producers.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
Is this BS?

I know plenty of teachers and as academics they have a passion to educate and inspire the next generation.

And as a farther I love it when my son comes home and talks about what the Suns made of, why there is wind hail and seasons.

Don't blame the schools for parents laziness to educate their children on how to question things.

Learning doesn't start and stop in the hours of 9-3!

edit on 26-12-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Im looking at these results, just for the fun and panic of it PISA

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

What do they teach? I saw an article i think a few days ago;" A man learned more in a month at work than he did in all the years of college. "
Show me the passion? Is it hope? Is it their crashed dreams? Or is it that you are trying to say;" Those who knows, do. Those who understand teach? "

The next generation? Show me what has changed from the ancient greece? Machines? Do you know how your toaster works?
DO you question where how your car starts? Or do you take it for granted?

We take much for granted in life, but we question very little about life.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

A man learned more in a month at work than he did in all the years of college. "

Wow he must have a broad range of duties? does his work entail Astronomy, biology, English, maths, theatre, art, business, history, another language oh man i can go on!

The man must of been an empty shell before he started work, you talk about questioning yet you believe a crappy article haha.

Do you know how your toaster works?

Yes i do i learned that at college im a sparky by trade.

DO you question where how your car starts?

I have no idea what you are trying to say? maybe instead of dissing an education you get one.

And yes i know how a car starts! An education gives you the tools in life its up to you to decide how to use them.

edit on 26-12-2016 by muSSang because: Uploaded gif.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What do you think school is for? Do you think its purpose is to make you into a talented and imaginative individual and foster your individuality? Or is it to teach you to read, write, do math, balance your checkbook, and become a functional individual in society for your own benefit and the benefit of others? Bear in mind that this schooling is very expensive and paid for by the state.

You criticize school as if making you into a functional human being is a bad thing. Yes, you are expected to get a job or otherwise support yourself and to be productive. Absolutely! That’s the point. The end goal is for you to pay your own way and not become a ward of the state. Insofar as schools fail to do that, yes, they’re a failure. I would maintain that schools reflect society more than they create it. A healthy society has “good schools.” A dysfunctional one does not and furthermore, cannot, because it is dealing with flawed material in the first place, kids with attitude going in complaining school turns them into consumers.

Tell you what. If you don’t want to be a “consumer,” don’t become one. Only your own emotional desires make you into one. If you are so easily influenced by advertising to be induced to buy stuff you must have a very weak mind. If you don’t want to work for the corporations, don’t! Make your own job. Bill Gates was a college dropout who had a talent (Yes, a “talent”) and a vision for the future. Steve Jobs was a hippy who never took a bath, studied Far East religion, and changed the world on his own. There’s plenty of talent and imagination in the world. If you think schooling is “holding you back” I suspect you don’t have the native talent, intelligence, or imagination to make it in the world anyway. It’s not the schools’ fault; it’s yours.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Education gave you the tools to figure out how a car starts or how a toaster works?

The man in the article is a engineer, if you consider that " The man must of been an empty shell before he started work "

The difference between you and me in this thread, you claim a lot of things, i dont see a single question but a lot of statements, and then you quote it with;" Question things "

I believe you are content with life as it is, i believe you think you know more than you actually do.. Its something taught in society, along with ideals and fairytales.. The last was a statement

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The greatest achievement you did in here was to read it subjectively, something you have a tendency to do a lot..

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i dont see a single question but a lot of statements, and then you quote it with;" Question things "

Im questioning the validity of your post.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No, your not, you disagree, thats about it and you thought making yourself sound clever would make an impact, instead you just looked like a total... fool?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I left school in year 9, and I'm now a marine rocket brain surgeonologist in my spare time, and I work full time at the nasa.

It's hard work hiding the second sun and obscuring the martians.. Let me tell you.. whew.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Not sure what you are aiming for, but i dont think a dropout at year 9 will land you a job at NASA..

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I would never want this person as a teacher for me, my children or anyone's children.

I have known master elementary teachers as well as talented, loving, intellectual teachers that I feel honored to call my friends.

I have also known witless, boring, miserable teachers who could and did destroy young minds. A pox on them.

Both my children experienced public and private schooling and eventually left their last two years of structured schooling for college and life experiences.

We do have a crisis in education in the US. This person seems like a part of the problem.

edit on 26-12-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

No, your not, you disagree, thats about it and you thought making yourself sound clever would make an impact, instead you just looked like a total... fool?

Signs of the uneducated: whenever losing an argument and butt hurt call the other guy a fool.
Just because you're wrong you don't have to insult.
edit on 26-12-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

so now its the system? So when something goes wrong in the US, you blame everyone else? Seem like a common thread in the commonwealth world, blame it on the neighbors

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You didn't look through your own posts did you?
Narrows it down to why the comments has an outcome as they do..

So where did you get the idea I am uneducated, where I live school is free, doesn't cost a dime and it's highly praised that you always study to as you say ;" broaden your view.. "

Why do you think you are smart or clever? Cause you can copy something? Every single human was born with that gift.. Do you think your diploma means something to anyone than yourself? No, it doesn't..
--

You read things so they fit your world view, and then complain when they backlash.. Grow up

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You are not very deep are you? This is not a simplistic problem.. there are many sides as I stated pretty clearly.

The "system" definitely needs tweeking-this teacher was so burned out she was miserable. As a teacher myself many years ago-I saw this way too often which is why I offered a different education for my children-I tried to take the best pieces from what was offered-also, I was a PTA president, Girl Scout District leader, Sunday School Superintendent and teacher etc.

I know my experience and what I saw experienced from different sides-changes need to be made.

You are simple minded if you read my missive and say I blame the "system"- of course its the "system"-whatever you want to call it-there need to be changes-duh for you.

new topics

top topics

join