It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wings channel now called the "military" channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Not sure if this is a conspiracy or not, or if this is in the correct forum...

My husband loves jets and planes and such and always watched the Wings channel on cable....it has now been changed to the military channel and just about all commercials are for recruitment...anyone else notice this? Maybe it should be called the the "government" channel.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Drink a RED BULL it will give you WINGS

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
Drink a RED BULL it will give you WINGS

Sorry, I don't drink...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Sorry, I don't drink...

red bulls an 'energy drink'. It tastes like melted lollipops or somethign, and looks like urine. The ingredients list reads more like a chemistry experiment than a listing of food products. Its a stimulant. Mix it with some rum and ice and you have the begining of a nice little party.

Anyway, (it was Discovery Wings no?) the channel, at least the little bit that I saw, was pretty focused on military stuff anyway. Didn't know that they were putting lots of recruiting commercials on, makes sense tho, target audience for the military might like the military channel, or the history channel too.

On a side note, a friend of mine refers to the History channel as the Hitler Channel, cuz there's so much wwii stuff. He's over one day and is like 'hey, put on the hitler channel' So i put on the history channel and its all about trains and what not, we're like, damn, no hitler, there goes that theory, then a commercial break comes up with the tag 'We'll return to Hitlers Death Trains'. Yahoo, little celebration dance, theory confirmed. Perhaps it was time to break out the red bull and rum.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by LadyV
Sorry, I don't drink...

red bulls an 'energy drink'. It tastes like melted lollipops or somethign, and looks like urine. The ingredients list reads more like a chemistry experiment than a listing of food products. Its a stimulant. Mix it with some rum and ice and you have the begining of a nice little party.

Thanks...I had no idea. I drink green tea and mostly water...other things are bad for the vocal cords....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its about time that they stopped wingin-it.....HAHAHAHAHAHA! (*Cough*) So, it is the military channel officially?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Haha, this might as well call it the "propoganda channel" because that is what it is. How blatant can it get?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
LadyV,

I saw a HAWK flying the other day, and there were some large black birds attacking it. Was that mean??

Some people drink a Red Bull and Vodka.... Talk about a POWER DRINK!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Actually, Discorvery Wings was reformatted due to it's ratings. Since a majority of their ratings were for those WWII and other War type plane stories, they decided to scrap the rest and reformat it with more military footage. Don't worry though, a lot of the stuff on wings can now be seen on the Discovery channel and it's affiliates. Just now, the majority of the War stuff is on the Military Channel so that they could free space on the other stations. War is one of the reasons why the Discovery channel got as big as it is today.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I rarely watch tv, but I do enjoy the history channel. It's not all war related, there's alot of shows on historic technology, and events other than war. You can't get half the people today to crack open a book, so if this makes them the slightest bit interested in history so be it. As for the "Military Channel" I'd have to agree with you, I am very interested in aviation and it has turned into the recruitment channel basicly. I don't think it's a conspiracy but rather just good old marketing.

I'll stick to Mythbusters though, Jamie and Adam never told me to go die for my country!

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Veltro]

new topics

top topics

join