It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel has evidence that Obama administration is behind Friday's Security Council resolution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So this is an interesting development from the UN Security Council resolution....

Israel has evidence that U.S. President Obama's administration is behind Friday's Security Council resolution, Israel's Ambassador to the U.S. Ron Dermer told CNN on Monday.

"We will present this evidence to the new administration through the appropriate channels. If they want to share it with the American people they are welcome to do it," Dermer told CNN.

According to Dermer, not only did the U.S. not stand by Israel's side during the vote, it "was behind this ganging up on Israel at the UN." Dermer said it was "a sad day and a shameful chapter in U.S.-Israeli relations."

Dermer reiterated the message in subsequent interviews with MSNBC and FOX, saying Israel has evidence that the Obama administration was behind the wording of the Security Council resolution and plugged to advance it.

The White House Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes, denied these claims in an interview with Channel 2. Rhodes said the resolution was worded and pushed by Egypt and the United States decided to abstain because the wording reflected its position on settlements.

Rhodes said the White House is disappointed at the strong and personal reactions by the Prime Minister's Office against President Obama, especially in light of the unprecedented military aid his administration has given Israel during his eight years in office.

Rhodes said further that Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to deliver a speech in which he will lay out the administration's vision for a resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

But the White House will not advance any additional diplomatic steps on the issue before the end of its term of office on January 20, Rhodes said.

In his first public reaction to the vote, Netanyahu said Saturday that the Obama administration has carried out an underhanded and an anti-Israel maneuver at the UN Security Council.

So I bolded a part that is of particular interest to me. They are going to present evidence of the US meddling in the resolution to the new Trump administration through the proper channels and allow them to disseminate the information accordingly. I wonder why they are not just making it public? Is there some reason that they would not do that?

Anywho....if the DO have this evidence and it DOES point to Obama's administration, how is that going to fare for his outgoing legacy?

Source

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

What Legacy?

The worst racial relations in 40 years, spurned on by his party?

The Middle East destabilized and on fire?

Obamacare?

What positive legacy does he provide other than "It Could Be Worse"?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah, the Obama Administration just passed a law that said that other countries are not allowed to meddle in our political business yet within the same week they meddled in Israels political business to try to alter their government.

Sounds normal, sounds like something Hillary would do too. I am kind of glad Obama is leaving soon, the last couple of weeks he has pushed a lot of crap that is bias.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well,

But it's not like this didn't happen:

Which is interesting as Israel is an ally there.

Meaning maybe the Obama = Muslim argument best explains this case?
edit on 26-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
oh boo-hoo, the UN urges an end to illegal settlements? HOW TERRIBLE FOR ISRAEL, that they can't keep stealing land even though they own it all!

How will this effect his legacy? It's one of the few instances where he's shown some backbone!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So I bolded a part that is of particular interest to me. They are going to present evidence of the US meddling in the resolution to the new Trump administration through the proper channels and allow them to disseminate the information accordingly. I wonder why they are not just making it public? Is there some reason that they would not do that?

Evidence of American influence on Egyptian action could only come from access to the communications between them. Perhaps they would not want to advertise exactly how they got this information.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Poor poor little Israel, isn’t it a shame

F___ Israel

We give them billions and stand by and watch them steal peoples land and for once a American president does the right thing and those greedy pigs complain

We don’t give them enough.

There like spolied children who don’t enough candy complain.

Finally, Obama does the right thing but it’s too late.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The liberal Jewish part of the left's coalition is in trouble under the reality of Obama.

See for example this from earlier in the year:

New York Liberal Paper: "Obama Has Done Enough Damage to Israel Already": "He must not go further down this path of ego, hubris and vengeance"

And over several years, there has been a consistent drop in support for him:

That's more than 20 points.

My bet is that it's about to get a whole lot worse.

edit on 26-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So what? Barry ROCKS!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I hope it's as good as his evidence of an Iranian Nuclear weapon.

Netanyahu is finally receiving from the UN what he's been giving it for years.

It's about time and his tantrum only makes it better.
Obama gets the last laugh.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Poor poor little Israel, isn’t it a shame

F___ Israel

We give them billions and stand by and watch them steal peoples land and for once a American president does the right thing and those greedy pigs complain

We don’t give them enough.

There like spolied children who don’t enough candy complain.

Finally, Obama does the right thing but it’s too late.

Cant steal what was given to you can you? That land was illegally renamed palestine by romans conquering judea and israel in the past. Didnt the UN pass a law about gaining land through war?
Therefore the name should had never changed even when the ottomans controlled it.

So the league of nations gave them back a Small peice of their original territory. the arabs didnt like this and attacked.
They are at fault and should had not attacked.

Now to the modern problem. Once again Arabs tried to destroy israel. once again got their arses beat. Israel tried to return the west bank and the other areas but egypt,and jordan refused. What do you do when the countries refuse the land back? Assume they do not want it and then do what you will with it correct?
Also Israel cannot forcible repatriate the people there because egypt,and jordan will not let them back in.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Israel has evidence that Obama administration is behind Friday's Security Council resolution

I swear, sometimes Israel is acting like a butthurt teenage social justice warrior in a college campus safespace!

The notion is ridiculous.

The Obama administration has no need to risk the diplomatic impact that it could have. No need. All the administration would need to do would be to do nothing, and the resolution would be proposed all by itself.

Pretty much the whole globe has been condemning Israel for its settlements on Palestinian territory for forever and been trying to get a resolution through time and time again.

Why would the UN-members all of a sudden need for the U.S. to initiate a resolution behind the curtains?

Likely all Israel can point to is the Obama administration not hiding, that it would abstain from vetoing a resolution, and that is hardly the same as it being behind the socalled ganging up on Israel.

edit on 26-12-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How many times has the world tried to do something about these illegal settlements?

Every time a veto.

They should grow up and listen, work towards some peace instead of saying they want peace whilst taking lands.

Pulling out diplomatic staff etc from nations behind this resolution, hardly very grown up. Next they'll be drumming the antisemitic beat.

Nobody is listening Israel, grow up. I know your a young nation but you are not ran by teenagers.

I support the idea of Israel, it's a recognized nation. I believe Palestine should be too, the world agrees on that also and no the world is not antisemitic.

Israel isn't Jewish anyways.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"We will present this evidence to the new administration through the appropriate channels. If they want to share it with the American people they are welcome to do it," Dermer told CNN.

Natasatan will present the evidence to master bullsh*tter aka the trump? He the trump will validate BS any day!
edit on 26-12-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Exactly, it's pathetic.

They should be sanctioned heavily by now...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I want Frankia back off the French.

I want all of Ireland back off the British.

Heck, I demand the kingdom of Northumbria to be recognised and all of her lands returned to her.

I have blood ties to all these lands, it doesn't work like that. Israel didn't exist 1000 years ago or 100 years ago, it's a piss poor excuse.

When people talk nonsense like that it makes me wish they all just buggered off to Ethiopia. They have brethren their too.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Israel is always the victim.
No matter what.

Now, the sports and weather.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Heck, I demand the kingdom of Northumbria to be recognised and all of her lands returned to her.

I have blood ties to all these lands, it doesn't work like that. Israel didn't exist 1000 years ago or 100 years ago, it's a piss poor excuse.

When people talk nonsense like that it makes me wish they all just buggered off to Ethiopia. They have brethren their too.

Israel and JUdea did exist. you can look it up. Its a poor excuse to say they did not when its written about. Even the ROmans said it existed. Yes all lands gained by war(except one sliek the US) should give it al back. California should be returned to mexico i agree. Texas won its war so leave that one alone.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: RAY1990

Israel and JUdea did exist. you can look it up. Its a poor excuse to say they did not when its written about. Even the ROmans said it existed. Yes all lands gained by war(except one sliek the US) should give it al back. California should be returned to mexico i agree. Texas won its war so leave that one alone.

Time to give America back to the Natives, we can keep small parts but then they can just keep building on the land. You're ok with that, right?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Biased much?

Many kings, nations and people have owned Israel/Judea since then.

The Jew lost Jerusalem and the surrounding lands time and time again, the natives lost what's now US soil time and time again.

I'm guessing your Texan. Nothing wrong with that, I only have issue with your biased view.

That's all ok, the statute stating lands seized by war didn't exist back then.

At the end of the day every human should have a nationality. Whilst we are making no ground talking about semantics people live in these ex-judean lands without nationality.

That's wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join