It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fake News" actually works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A guy I know, he was looking at a news article on his phone, and for whatever reason he didn't believe it.

And then he said - "oh, that's probably fake news."

He listens often to 1010 WINS and other MSM, so I am pretty sure he got it from there.

Many of those on ATS might look at the strategies of TPTB and think it might be stupid, and think 'nobody is going to fall for it', but do not underestimate the Sheeple! They are falling for it. They have no clue what is going on! .. and if you told them they wouldn't believe it!
edit on 26-12-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

You're right, just calling people liars destroys their credibility. Used to be you could sue people for defamation of character, libel for accusing you publicly of being a liar.

Nowadays though, US invades whole countries with impunity, whats a little white lie matter?

They got caught in their lie matrix because their candidate hillary lost, now they are like kids who accuse each other (and you) of lying, back.

You're a liar.

No you are.

You did it first.

Nu uh, you did.

Ummm, I'm telling.

Mommy, hes a liar.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's the MSM's way of staying out of trouble.
I also hear it coming from the political trolls as well.
Their answer to everything:
Didn't like the outcome? Blame everyone else.

But as you know...it's not their fault. Oh nooo.
They didn't lie.

Sure.
Just shut the TV off. We are all better without it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think the reason why they can get away with fake news is because the majority of the population is suffering from cognitive dissidence and has no quick way of thinking and holding the "who ,what,when,where,whys and hows of the matter .About the time someone says yea but , They change the story and it goes around and around until dizziness sets in and people just go away . The fake news then continues and uses as facts their last fake news to keep recycling until they get to a kind of consensus narrative .

Even the 5 w's should be maintained in the proper order to think properly .had to edit that and head off for my second cup
edit on 26-12-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What I find sad are the true stories that are now being labeled as "Fake News" just because someone doesn't want to believe them or doesn't like the picture they paint.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Some news that is "obvious" fake is designed to make people automatically dismiss the underlying story as false even though it is true.

Old trick.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There is no greater drug than the one that permits you to make people easily discount unpleasant or inconvenient truths, wherever and whenever they can be found.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just so y'all know…

This "fake news" narrative being pushed by the MSM is much more dangerous than many [here] think…

What they are proposing, if you read between the lines, is disallowing sharing links from sites like ATS or similar conspiracy/news sites we visit

I am for free speech and believe individuals are capable of deciding what is and is not true...

Nothing could be so arrogant from the ruling class as to believe they should dictate what is and is not allowed for public consumption…

Don't be fooled by any of their lies…

And remember, sites like ATS will be the first to get disallowed from sharing[read censoring]..

-Chris
edit on 26-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You're a liar.

Calling people "liar" is only effective if there exist people who tell the "truth."

What happens when all the world is an illusion, and everything we see and think we know is a lie?

Who can tell the truth, when there is no such thing as truth?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: intrptr

You're a liar.

Calling people "liar" is only effective if there exist people who tell the "truth."

What happens when all the world is an illusion, and everything we see and think we know is a lie?

Who can tell the truth, when there is no such thing as truth?

No ultimate truths maybe, but there is the truth to a story or situation like world events, there is a truthful side. And you're right, they lie their asses off. So much that over time people have begun to wake up. Even people that usually don't pay much attention are starting to go hey, wait a second.

How many times are people going to buy the lie that Assad for instance, must go? Why is that? Who's behind all the narrative about that? What are they going to tell us next?

Further: It may not be possible to discern the whole truth, its much easier to spot the lies, though.

edit on 26-12-2016 by intrptr because: Further:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

My favorite no truth meme is, "nothings real", they mind meld everyone with that. Its easy to wrap ones mind around that rather than try to figure out which story they present is true or right.

Just give up and admit nothing is real anyway, so why worry about it?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

That old saying is right on the money....It is easier to fool a person than it is to convince them they been fooled....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
They want there to be so much confusion that people will revert back to the official story on everything. Thats why they both promote fake news on one hand while decrying it on the other.
edit on 26-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Best way to convince someone of the truth is to lead them on and fool them into thinking they thought of it themselves.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

...yes that would work very effectively....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
What I find sad are the true stories that are now being labeled as "Fake News" just because someone doesn't want to believe them or doesn't like the picture they paint.

It seems more specific than that. Generally anything that violates taboos is considered "fake news" i.e. Our government wouldn't murder 3000 citizens to further a geopolitical goal, or the leaders of the "free world" aren't into Satanic Ritualistic Abuse, up to and including the eating of little children.

That, at least to me is the differentiator.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

And while ATS is important, even more important is Youtube and sites in general.

If US intelligence can go around scrubbing the internet of what they don't like, even shutting down or making websites non-existent that is serious.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well one thing they have going for them is that these stories are so crazy that if you told people they were fake, people will tend to believe them.

new topics

top topics

join