It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for info on US KIA stats for the Iraqi war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it. I had no idea where to put this.

I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction to check facts, or confirm/debunk this. Last night I had dinner with a friend and her fiance visiting from Portland. Whenever he’s around the conversation turns to what's going on in the States. During the discussion he made the following claim that I found hard to believe, but not being an American, I don't know where to even begin to check the facts.

This fellow maintains that between Washington and Oregon combined, they account for 4 times more American deaths in Iraq, than the rest of the US put together. Furthermore, that this is because they don't vote Republican.

To me, this strains credulity. But, I have been wrong on more than one occasion in the past, and don't like to just dismiss things out of hand, without at least attempting to check the facts. So, if there are any Americans who could tell me where to begin checking his assertion, could you let me know? This guy really bugs me, and I would love to have some hard data to refute him with, if possible.

Thanks! I don't mind doing the research myself, I just am not sure where the best place to start would be.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Try icasualties.org Easily the most comprehensive and up-to-date database on casualty reports and news from Iraq. Can break down casualties by state, month, branch of service, and cause of death.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thanks so much. That's looks like it has exactly the info I'm looking for!
Very comprehensive.

new topics

join