It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Info - Seismometers Triggering Around The Globe At 11:00 UTC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
According to heliplots, seismometers globally all went off at 11:00 - 12:00 UTC 12/25/16

Here are some photos of the anomaly. I will keep this thread posted as I discover more about it. Currently I feel it is linked to the Magnetar event.

s29.postimg.org...

There are 3 photos of this event.. Don't worry. I have captured many more if they need to be shown.
Feel free to discuss. I will keep you updated.
edit on 26-12-2016 by Luuke123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/26/2016 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

But what does it mean?

was the gamma-ray burst thingy on (the peak is today) a hoax? could it have something to do with this i wonder..

-Edit, ah, it is the same thing, i just did not know the lingo.

Did anyone feel different today? i feel changed..

May you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber.
edit on 26-12-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Not again!

It's called a 7.6 earthquake in Chile. Man, I swear this is getting old.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Relax, this is the kind of thing I was looking out for myself. However, being a bit more cordial about it can do you wonders.

So its the chili quake, cool got that covered.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

It's 8AM now on the east coast. I won't feel the change until I down this cup of Folgers black silk.
Ill keep you posted.
Until I abandon the idea like the OP did.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

chill ... not everyone subscribes to the USGS channel on YouTube dude.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Earth: the die ever rolling and landing on itself.

Many earthquakes are undetected by the USGS; in fact, the organization estimates that around several million earthquakes occur around the globe annually. Annually, an average of one earthquake of a magnitude 8 or higher occurs, while around 15 earthquakes ranging from 7 to 7.9 occur. As many as 1.3 million earthquakes measuring 2 to 2.9 in intensity occur annually. This information is based on observations of data from the year 1900 and beyond. www.reference.com...

edit on 26-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Having caught this, maybe something will happen that you can tie in with Earthquake information. a reply to: Luuke123

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A... "magnetar" event? Please read up about what a magnetar is and what not and that there is none in the nearer vicinity of Earth. Luckily!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

Besides it being caused by the Chilean earthquake like TrueAmerican pointed out, the energy of a blast of Gamma radiation doesn't have the mass to rattle the planet like that. The earths magnetic field would absorb the impact and the effects focused on the earth would mostly manifest as electrical problems, due to current induced in conductors, like power grids and satellites.
edit on 26-12-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The double face palm is more applicable to you, in my opinion.

It's really sad to see someone who could share their knowledge in a positive way, instead choose to shame or belittle others for not having that same knowledge.

On the thread topic, it always fascinates me how the planet rings like a bell when a powerful earthquake hits.

On that note (pun intended), here's a little something about that:

Does the Earth really ring like a bell after a big earthquake?

Seismic waves from the biggest earthquakes (over magnitude 8.3) can bounce around inside the earth for up to a month. This makes the earth "ring". However, you need special instruments to hear the ring because the tone is very low — about 1 cycle per hour. Compare this with the 256 cycles per second of middle C on the piano.

Link.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Having caught this, maybe something will happen that you can tie in with Earthquake information.

This makes the earth "ring".

share your knowledge in a positive way

After diligent research into this phenomenon, there can only be one reasonable conclusion...

Double Facepalm

edit on 26-12-2016 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There was supposedly a big solar storm that was to hit us during Christmas.
It could of had influence

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Not again!

It's called a 7.6 earthquake in Chile. Man, I swear this is getting old.

I just checked the earthquakes and there only is listed a 5.2 in Chili at that time on USGS. Where are you getting the 7.6 info from. A 5.2 doesn't have enough power to be triggering things all over the place.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Quake Watch post

USGS linky

Large quakes like this will be picked up by webicorders all over the world.

TA has real time direct access to seismic data to a number of networks and often will post about large quakes prior to them being posted by the USGS or other entities.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
FOR THE RECORD:

My friend Michael (Dutchsince) has an enviable track record of 'predicting' earthquakes.

One might think that some of you 'brainiacs' here would take note that 'scientists' say there is NO WAY to predict earthquakes.

That appears to be an erroneous assumption, as Dutchsince is running about 95% lately with his 72-hour notice to specific parts of the world. Perhaps this needs to be shared and spread to everyone. Even if only one life is saved by this timely information, it will be well worth your effort.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year where applicable.
Much Love.
With great respect, Thor

12/24/16 11:50 pm short earthquake update dutchsinse
Published on Dec 24, 2016

EARTHQUAKE 3D - Last 48 hours global activity

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: rickymouse

Quake Watch post

USGS linky

Large quakes like this will be picked up by webicorders all over the world.

TA has real time direct access to seismic data to a number of networks and often will post about large quakes prior to them being posted by the USGS or other entities.

Strange, not listed at this site. earthquake.usgs.gov...

It lists a quake at the time of the OP but nothing bigger before.
edit on 26-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

It appears it is because it was way earlier, almost eleven hours.
edit on 26-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

a reply to: TrueAmerican 

It's really sad to see someone who could share their knowledge in a positive way, instead choose to shame or belittle others for not having that same knowledge. 

Oh stuff your judgemental self-righteous nonsense. Pot, kettle. He did share his knowledge. As he always does. Another member made an entire thread on the 7.6 Chile quake as well.

No one was belittling anyone. Simply expressing bemusement. Pretty sure this just happened recently with another big quake and a thread was made about "unusual activity" in an apparent pattern the same day. Maybe a couple weeks back.

Everybody needs to just chill and stop being so touchy about everything. Not everything has some nefarious intent behind it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

On the thread topic, it always fascinates me how the planet rings like a bell when a powerful earthquake hits.

On that note (pun intended), here's a little something about that:

Does the Earth really ring like a bell after a big earthquake?

Seismic waves from the biggest earthquakes (over magnitude 8.3) can bounce around inside the earth for up to a month. This makes the earth "ring". However, you need special instruments to hear the ring because the tone is very low — about 1 cycle per hour. Compare this with the 256 cycles per second of middle C on the piano.

Link.

Ah, thank you, now I get it finally. TrueAmericans post only had me even more confused. I was like "a 7.6 in Chili can cause all the world's seismometers to go off at once? Or is he saying this is a hoax and the person claiming this just replicated data from chilis machines, pretending it came from around the world? Or...?". His post was very sparse, while yours made the situation understandable to the layman. I suppose he was probably in a huge hurry and didn't have time to explain that "strong quakes can do that". But then, he did have time to embed an image explaining how bad the op "failed", so... to be fair I think you could put forth a sound argument that he put more time and effort into making sure the op knew exactly how much of a failure they were (not just a single facepalm, mind you, no, there was absolutely a premeditated, focused and concerted effort to give that extra Twist of the knife, once it was planted directly into the heart... DOUBLE facepalm! TWO kicks to the head! Or, alternately, ONE push to get you down and then ONE kick to the ribs WHILE you're down), than was put into, as you said it "sharing that knowledge with others who do not possess it". Quite a bit more, actually, if one were to do a comparison of the useful information vs the "you're a big failure and it's getting really old and even cptn picard from star trek TNG hates you + mean angry face emoticon" information

So, instead of saying "maybe he was just in a big hurry", maybe we should just say "maybe he's just not having a very good day/week/period-of-time-longer-than-one-week?"

Either way, all I can really say at this point... It's a true blessing to the ats membership that you chose to wander into this thread, randomly and copiously showering benevolence and wisdom upon everyone around you.

If it wasn't for you, people like myself would still be crawling around in the dark in this thread, afraid to death to speak up or ask a question, lest we make an imperfection and rouse the frightful anger of TrueAmerican and cause him to rise up out of the depths of the nearest faultline with his super scary face with glowing eyes(i imagine him as his avatar) and thrust a thunderbolt of his pure ultra-intelligence out of his eyes straight into my mere mortal, unworthy, puny, human heart, and then Twisting the thunderbolt in order to kill me a second time (soul-death) and laughing at how pathetically stupid I am/was for not knowing everything in the world like him...

Thank you. Now I have courage to face another day. I DON'T know everything... and that's ok.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
A couple of points about ANNS Heliplots and GNS Heliplots is that that they update every half our, and are designed to be interpreted by seismologists. Not that most of us cannot see the results of certain earthquakes in different parts of the world, they are certainly very useful. They do conduct tests once in a while, and suspected in what the OP has presented, it would be prudent to look at the analysis section of the website and see if it alarms them as well.

edit on 27-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 27-12-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join