It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six more radio signals from deep space deepen mystery: Are we being hailed by intelligent beings?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe the message is "Don't push the big red zero point energy button..AIEEEE"

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In my humble, or not-so-humble opinion,

WAKE UP FOLKS!!
THIS __is___ FRIGGING DISCLOSURE!
WHOOOPEEE!

But seriously, disclosure will never come from the Government. Who would trust those guys to do anything right anyway? At least not officially.

We are not babies. We can decide for ourselves what is disclosure. Disclosure is all around us. Look at the mass media. Look at TV Drama series: Humans, Westworld, Rectify, Stranger Things, Lucifer. All these are related and all are relevant aspects of the Apocalypse, er, I mean, ahem, "Disclosure".

The universe is self-disclosing. David Bohm terms it autopoesis, which theoretically dovetails with McLuhan's dictum "The medium is the message". That is precisely what media, culture and the natural world -- including the heavens -- are telling us, right now, right before our very eyes. What was, is now and ever shall be, one very imperfectly-f*^ed-up perfect world with gods, demons, men, simulations and more, is showing itself more and more for what it really is -- which is unfathomable beyond belief.

All is equally real and all equally unreal. That is being disclosed now, by fiction, in the media, and by science -- both theoretical and applied -- all at the same time. It is a terrifying and wonderful time to be alive.

I mean who could send intelligent radio bursts with the power of a sun? Gods. Or men with the power of gods. Either way the universe is sending us a message. This IS disclosure and it is awesome.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

The message from the universe? The universe has background and natural sources of radiation. You pin your hopes on one sensational news story?

I do not think the single originated in our galaxy to boot?

www.phys.org...

The finding suggests that these bursts must have come from a very exotic object, such as a rotating neutron star having unprecedented power that enables the emission of extremely bright pulses, the researchers say. It is also possible that the finding represents the first discovery of a sub-class of the cosmic fast-radio-burst population.

edit on 27-12-2016 by neutronflux because: Fuss not like use of don't

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

...that even though they exist for such small durations, they tend to generate so much energy that it could parallel the amount of energy generated by the Sun for a whole day!

And it all comes from the same place right?

Ok so my first question would be what kind of natural phenomena in space are able to produce similar effects. Lets deduce from there first before we shout "aliens".

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The more we look for intelligence in the universe, the more we will find it. But short of actually meeting non-human, or super-human aliens in the flesh, exotic signals will never suffice to prove extra-human intelligence objectively. The fact remains, however, that the more we look for it, the closer it will come. This is a psychological and also an historical truth, one that Jung was way down with.

Accuse me of teleology, but the Vatican (for one) agrees with my point of view -- which is why they pursue astronomy so vigorously.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I disagree. The message, when we get it will totally blow our hair back, both in terms of its content and it's power. It will also not surprise me that when we do receive it, we will also understand that it was intended for us and only us, maybe even by anticipation from a moment in time before civilization on Earth even began, due to their knowledge of planetary development and their precise knowledge of who's who and what's what and where they all are.

It could also entail a warning perhaps, about why such messages are so very rare.

It is likely to contain some special gift as well, which will ensure our survival as a species.

It's also likely to contain socio-political ramifications and implications which the message will itself also take into consideration, well aware of the impact that it will have.

It will probably employ a symbolic language founded in mathematics, which could be translated into human language and the beginning of the message would contain the Rosetta Stone for decoding it. It would therefore repeat at certain intervals, while containing a nested hierarchy of data, to include the whole message from beginning to end.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
With the assumption...and very much an ASSUMPTION...that we are the smartest beings in all of an unimaginable space yet to be conceived, I find the evidence compelling.

To reply to all that say "anything of that power...i.e. the sun...can give off that power and not any other beings". Piss off.

You assume the smartest people on this planet are "correct".

Physics are constrained to our being. All of science is a theory when you bring in space, universe's, or even dimensions.

Prove gravity, the earth's core is hot, or atomic weight is true outside of the ozone, before you speak. You can't.

Our conjecture over little green men in the universe holds just as much weight as your carbon dating.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Could be? It's only that I think that they also should share the signals with the rest of the world's scientists for peer review. Just like they do with other scientific findings they want to exclude from errors.

Maybe they do share it ,and if they do than my message is pointless.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RiptKeys

To reply to all that say "anything of that power...i.e. the sun...can give off that power and not any other beings". Piss off.

You would only have to produce the equivalent power generated by a sun for a day? Our " Sun consumes about 5 billion kilograms (5 million tons) of its nuclear hydrogen fuel every second" From: history.nasa.gov...

So you only need to produce the equivalent energy released by the fusion of 5 million tons of hydrogen multiplied by 60 by 60 by 24?

So, I guess you need at least a small planets worth of hydrogen for each broadcast?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

Sorry but beforeitsnews is a banned site on ats....They lie all the time.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Willtell
Yeah. Well, that article seems pretty muddled. Don't know 'bout Fiona.

Here's the new paper she's talking about. It includes the data. The detection has a lot to do with where and when the 'scope was aimed, at the time.

arxiv.org...

This paper states that these types of theories have a high chance of just being observations by "chance superposition".
Many of the "dark matter" theories are likely a result of a similar chance correlation.
The observed estimated center of the universe is very different from the original gravitational center of the universe.
The speed of light, the speed of gravity, gravitational lensing, etc clouds our observations and puts them in superposition.
Now with gravity probe "B" we can add frame dragging into the corrective equations that would be needed to trace back the origins of the universe.

Dark matter is likely just a kludge attempt to explain a physical universe that was too complex for the proponents of the theory to understand.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

//It could also entail a warning perhaps, about why such messages are so very rare. //

I don't think warnings are rare. All the past prophets seem to agree about certain leitmotifs -- or some subset. And all the modern-day shamans and mediums (there are quite a few of us) are channelling warning messages from the various powers that be. Some of them are not meat in a can or communicating by radio waves. Some of them are right here on earth or in earth, with us.

There is nothing new under the sun, really. At least not if you understand the world according to C.G. Jung.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I'm sure it will be shared. Wait til they've had time to analyze and interpret it and come to some conclusions, then they will probably publish something for peer review, at which time everyone else will have access to the data to either confirm or refute their conclusions.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It's the energy output of the FRB that intrigues me more i think...imagine the amount of energy that our star puts out each day, and using that entire amount to broadcast a radio signal.

The storage for that amount of energy alone would be humongous, entire country / continent sized capacitors perhaps (using our tech)

I'm willing to bet that this signal, if it is indeed an intelligent one and not a natural body like a collapsed star or pulsar or something like that, must be omni-directional.

Using SO much energy, would most likely be directed at every direction at once, in the slim hope of it finding a target audience with tech enough to receive it.

They must really want to communicate with somebody, anybody...or they are really desperate, and this is their last hope for salvation.

They won't get any help from us of course, but we might be able to say 'goodbye' before they wink out of existence.

OR...this is a high tech, but high aggression species casting out their 'fishing net' seeing what they can catch.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

wow that what explain the signals only being a millisecond, thats probably the length of a song for those little sesame seed people..

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This is disclosure of nothing, currently it a burst of radio signals from somewhere out the galaxy, probably caused by a large stellar body of some type.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Read it and the rest of the series, You Will Not be sorry. It's hard science fiction, so be ready. Robert L. Forward was a physicist and aerospace engineer and it shows in his writing.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I read that book ages ago.

Your memory must be far better than mine

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

//It could also entail a warning perhaps, about why such messages are so very rare. //

I don't think warnings are rare. All the past prophets seem to agree about certain leitmotifs -- or some subset. And all the modern-day shamans and mediums (there are quite a few of us) are channelling warning messages from the various powers that be. Some of them are not meat in a can or communicating by radio waves. Some of them are right here on earth or in earth, with us.

There is nothing new under the sun, really. At least not if you understand the world according to C.G. Jung.

It's really kind of amazing how in a non-local, holographic universe where consciousness is primary, that it's so quiet.

That said, it's easy to see how and why people might get a glimpse of other domains or intuitions about what they might be expressing or wanting to convey, but that said there are just so many charlatans in the channeling business it's very hard to know who to take seriously.

In Jonah's day, things were much more clear cut, and there was no mistaking the allegory involved, although even it needed to play itself out again in time and history.

So I see what you're driving at, about recurring themes, and messages of warning.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join