It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six more radio signals from deep space deepen mystery: Are we being hailed by intelligent beings?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I was thinking more along the lines of...

And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercuries and Subarus
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

- Lyrics to "Rapture" by Blondie (1981)

edit on 12/27/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

On further research, tentatively, something doesn’t add up.

This article below says that in March they received a 10 burst this year, and now a 6 burst.

www.sciencealert.com...

If the other burst were in 2007 and 2012 then something doesn’t add up, unless the information in one or both of these articles is incorrect. Or the other two experiences only equaled a half of a signal.

These science guys might have their data wrong. Maybe.

Maybe the signals are coming in bursts of :
104 44 30 40 36 10
In which case I know the answer........re-runs of close encounters bouncing of the moon!

Showing my age now.....

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

How about episode #1 of Outer Limits???

Very similar to the OP, but in Science Fiction.
(possibly showing my age now)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

always post a good tune.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There is a glass ceiling to chance superposition

ALMA FRB MITMOAT

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Haven't read the thread yet. Sagans "Contact" comes to mind.

I can't imagine a signal so strong being used for commo. I know it is a silly thought but maybe it is for transportation. Maybe a wormhole whose tunnel goes by Earth?

Fun to speculate on stuff like this but those signals are probably natural. The Universe is much too awesome for us humans to know all about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Bees smarter than us?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I completely agree that this is one of the steps towards disclosure. The Vatican observatory in recent years has said that if ETs exist, they are creations of God, and should be welcomed as brothers. The world as a whole is becoming more awake.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We hear a lot of news lately about signals coming from various places within our galaxy.

Most if not all designated targets from the Kepler telescope.
I don't know if they sort them all out by goldilock planets ,but if they do I've got this weird feeling were being bombarded with intelligent signals whom mostly could be translated as quasars or other disturbance to the public mainly to keep us into the dark for what could be in those signals that could really be of importance to humanity.

What if those are civilizations that would have gone the same way we are going now and are sending data which experiments should not be messed with because they were to late to undo their damage?

Or signals that say that they are very hostile and destructive to other species out there would you tell the or show the signals to scientists over here ?

The movie species isn't that far off IMO..
edit on 0b17America/ChicagoTue, 27 Dec 2016 13:56:17 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 27 Dec 2016 13:56:17 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here is my biggest issue with this discussion:

Everyone talks about the signal but nobody talks about "the" signal.

What is the payload?
What did they actual capture?
Why not release the data stream to the public?

If this is truly some form of data stream, we will be able to decode it - almost 100% guaranteed. Why? Because a purposeful created payload will contain structured data objects that can be either translated into our model or theirs. Either way we will see a pattern within the data stream and create a model from it.

But I have a feeling that other than capturing the data, we will not go further in actual investigating the payload because it's "impossible" that there could be "data" in the noise.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

That's just how it works they just need us to point out this irregularity in star formation and then they ask other telescopes to register signals from those places but if the linguistics decipher something significant they tell us " Just some background noise or it could be ours or quasars.

So quasars are the new swamp gas and weather balloons right?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
There is a glass ceiling to chance superposition

ALMA FRB MITMOAT

I'm sorry - you lost me on this response.

What?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

The universe is full of radiation and sources of radiation.

Just from our own star......

Title: Radiation from the Sun

Actually, the Sun does not only produce IR, visible light, and UV. Fusion in the core actually gives off high energy gamma rays. However, as the gamma ray photons make their arduous journey to the surface of the Sun, they are continuously absorbed by the solar plasma and re-emitted to lower frequencies. By the time they get to the surface, their frequencies are mostly only within the IR/visible light/UV spectrum.

During solar flares, the Sun also emits X-rays. X-ray radiation from the Sun was first observed by T. Burnight during a V-2 rocket flight. This was later confirmed by Japan’s Yohkoh, a satellite launched in 1991.

The "signals" you are referring to, if they are from an intelligent source, are a small part of cosmic radiation. Like a bucket of water dumped into the mid Atlantic.

Also, we have found lots more neutron stars than extraterrestral life.

This is just another article meant to cause a stir with no regards to science.

By all means, invest in some technology to expose the truth of being bombarded with intelligent messages. Might make you famous.

edit on 27-12-2016 by neutronflux because: Drop a s of neutron

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Something I typed into Google to see if there were any links.
You never know Ray might be listening..

Did you need more data?

edit on 27-12-2016 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

By all means, invest in some technology to expose the truth of being bombarded with intelligent messages. Might make you famous.

If I had that power ,I wouldn't use it for fame but only to find the truth.

Sadly I'm not the person to deliver that truth and only speculate if the possibility could be there...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It seems that alien contact is always a future event on our terms.
I'm of the firm belief that Earth has been visited for thousands of years. From Rendlesham Forest to Roger Sallas at Malmstrom AFB, there's something going on.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
We hear a lot of news lately about signals coming from various places within our galaxy.

What if those are civilizations that would have gone the same way we are going now and are sending data which experiments should not be messed with because they were to late to undo their damage?

You mean like what if the message says "Trust us, don't # with particle colliders"?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: chr0naut

Magnetar quake?

Certainly possible.

Do you have any info you can post regarding a recently discovered Magnetar quake that this might be attributable to?

Thanks!

Magnetars are a particular type of neutron star that has an enourmous magnetic field.

On December 27, 2004 there was a large, short duration, gamma ray burst (GRB 041227) which came from the Saggitarian constellation.

The burst was phenomenally powerful at a magnitude of -29 and it was the brightest such event known, releasing an estimated 1.3 x 10^39 Joules of energy in about a tenth of a second (this is about the same energy our Sun would release in 100,000 years).

Of course, astronomers went nuts over it trying to gain an understanding of how something could be so powerful.

They identified that although the object at SGR 1806-20 was most likely physically small (about 20 km in diameter), it had an incredible magnetic field of 10^15 Gauss.

When such a condensed matter object compresses further, it fractures as it assumes the new new density - a star quake. It's like a supernova that blasts out energy instead of matter.

The source was about 50,000 light years away, but if it had only (only!) been 10 LY away, it would have ripped off the ozone layer and likely have sterilized the Earth!

Thank God for lots of space.

This (concurrent 'news' 'magnetar event' surely matters so much more ( than some not-adding up frbs . Pics or its not true , audio , or whatever please . Its a rouse ? )

The magnetar event in the above posts , needs a name dubbed its own .
Note the date 27 december 2004 , exactly matching Indian Ocean Tsunami 2004 .

For the world , all of which encounters spaceweather , that fact above is massive massive news , but for' us' its just something we take in our stride , while the world sleeps on .

What I'd like to know , is what's coming behind the initial light burst / shock wave ?

Eg , Light from the sun takes 7-9 minutes to get here , while plasma bursts from cme s take a few hours .
Is it possible we have got more of a blast wave coming after the fastest shockwave (the lightburst of 1/10th of a second) killed a millon or so people on the coasts of the Indian ocean ?
Have we even had a thread on this matter ?
I mean , it's huge , just as it stands .

I think all the energy went into the flash and I don't think there was any significant particle ejection. However, the Gamma pulse took 50,000 years (at the speed of light) to get here. The particles would take much longer.

Judging by our Sun's CME's, the fastest ejection rates are about 3,200 km/s, which is about 1.07 % of the speed of light. In very rubbery figures, that means that the particles are likely to take 100 times as long to reach us, so any ejected particles would get here 4,950,000 years from now.

There is also the other issue of the expansion of volume that those particles would spread in. As you know, this follows the inverse square law and so, after 50,000 light years, the particles would be so spread out that it is unlikely that even one would pass through our solar system.

So, I'm not too worried at present (at least about anything we could gather from conventional physics).

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I was actually not being patronizing. I love the thought of extraterrestrial life and worlds.

Just disillusioned by three things:

One. Ufology being overran with hoaxters.

Two. If alien visitation has always been part of our natural history and civilizations, why and when did the coverups start?

Three. People not realizing sensational news stories that never come to fruition are not signs of cover ups, but con persons milking wishful and hopeful people for self promotion.

You don't get to the truth by chasing personalities.

Here is a link to a home radio astronomy setup.

5.2 Meter Radio Astronomy Project for 1420 MHz
www.signalone.com...

Here for amature SETI
AMATEUR RADIO ASTRONOMY

www.dxzone.com...

Technology is increasingly making many things possible and practical for those who have true love and concern for a particular field.

In all seriousness, good hunting!

edit on 27-12-2016 by neutronflux because: Fixed finger fumbles

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Plotus

my thoughts exactly, is there a pattern or just random noise.

Exactly. You would think that an ET signal would be unmistakably of intelligent origin in it's pattern and regularity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join