It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student hounded For Pro-Trump--Bullied and Dropped out-College Says Supports Free Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

How many professors are liberal?

How many classes did the election bleed into?

Do colleges offer safe rooms for all presidential elections or just this one?

My point is there is a underlying anti republican/conservative biased in most colleges. And not being able to recognize this is a disservice to both conservatives and liberals.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is the reality we face.

Those who seek and want safe spaces for themselves often want to debase, insult, ostracize anyone who doesn't think like them.
edit on 26-12-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

How many professors are liberal?

At my school, very few, but the three most outspoken professors rant and rave about political issues much more than I feel is acceptable. There are many stereotypical liberal college professors out there, but I do not think they make up the majority and unless you show me a source checked study on the matter, I will not believe this.

How many classes did the election bleed into?

During the election, I heard of one student at my school getting up out of a US history class because they felt the professor had steered the conversation to modern politics and then attacked them on their positions. It was almost a big deal, but the dean said it was ok, which I agree that this kind of thing is going with some frequency.

I agree that politics should not bleed into the classroom, and for me as a math instructor that is easy, for others who teach current event classes, this becomes hard. My point from before is that a majority of classes do not deal with current events, or politics in manner, thus do not have the capability of allowing some political discussion.

If students get disruptive, over politics or anything, I ask them to leave the room and keep to my lesson so the other students who are there to learn can and will.

Do colleges offer safe rooms for all presidential elections or just this one?

I respond to that by saying that a majority of safe rooms are full of whiny liberal social justice warriors that no one, not even other liberals, can stand. To say that conservatives need people like this is wrong.

and your argument is not new, William F. Buckley was making this argument since the 1950's, which he started with his famous book God and Man at Yale

it is an interesting book and you should check it out. I think we agree on more than you know, but I am not willing to become so absolute about an issue that has a lot of gray.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If the comments posted in the article are representative of the comments she received then I can't see why she dropped out , they're hardly threatening or abusive just other people expressing their opinion of her political affiliation.

I think somebody needs to grow up , in the real world people disagree and I'd say political disagreement is expected in collage, (sorry if that's abusive)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah I thought it the left who were the snowflakes?.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join