It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Radical Jesus: How Would the Baby in a Manger Fare in the American Police State?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I spent a number of years up under bridges and I can attest that not once did anyone come up under there and offer any help to anyone.

Was there not a shelter you could have walked to? Why should they have come to you? There are people that need and seek help, these are who get helped first.

I'm so sick of people saying "No one offered me.....fill in the blanks"
I found my way! And am better for it!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Was there not a shelter you could have walked to? Why should they have come to you?

Miles away downtown. Have to line up early in the day (like noon) to get in. It cost 11 dollars a night. They open at five. Once you're in you can't go in and out. You sleep on cots in an open dorm. You get athletes foot from the shower, people rifle your stuff, paw you in your sleep. Colds and viruses are rampant. They throw you out at 7 am.

No thanks. Id rather sleep under the stars, (or a bridge). People have no clue what 'shelters' are like. But been told its 'better'. Yah, right. Try it and get back to me.

As far as "people helping" I was addressing the poster who said 'people' would help the homeless and take them in... lol. Go find one and bring them home, let them sleep on your couch, use your shower, watch TV, eat your food.

At best 'people' usually ignore the homeless, which bridge denizens hope for. Societies help doesn't help. You want to help them, leave them alone. Quit chasing them around and trying to fix them, put them in 'shelters' . They aren't asking for help. I didn't. I earned my daily living dumpster diving, recycling, flea markets, odd jobs.

I didn't pan handle or beg, I would refuse if someone tried to hand me money. I didn't need it. There were alternatives to 'city shelters'. Churches, The YMCa, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities. Only one step up from shelters. Also oppressive and imposing.

I never stayed at any of these, didn't need to. Heard enough horror stories. The worst stories stem from how cops treated people, especially blacks and Latinos. Sicking dogs on people in bushes, refusing medical treatment, interdicting 911 emergency response, refusing to send ambulances, etc. City cleanup campaigns stealing all your stuff and forcing you onto the street, citing for trespassing, blah blah. Thats their real 'help'.

People that stayed under the bridges looked out for each other, helped each other defended each other, didn't ask for help , didn't need it.

Each of them had their niche, some were veterans, some were drunks, addicts or a 'little' nuts, some were just living an alternative lifestyle like hobos used to, traveling the rails from community to community, state to state.

Some were the best people I ever met.

Take civilization and shove it.

You been watching too many news reports about 'homeless', too much twisted stigma, like everything else in the main stream media.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

...and?

You make it, or attempt to, out to be that there aren't any people who would be willing to help. I, by myself, refute that.

I've been homeless, not for long, as I had *gasp* people willing to help me. So, yes, I've walked that proverbial mile. I've been under those underpasses helping. Food, blankets, etc...even basic first aid, until an ambulance came.

So please stop with the riff that everyone is so selfish that they won't help. Not everyone is.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I've also been homeless, it's not fun. I've helped the homeless many times as well.

Some people you give and they have no appreciation.

Some do care though, and there are many like you and like me who really do care, because we've been where they are now.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Idk, people are pretty open minded these days. I think that if the ole' boi ran for office he could get quite a few votes on just the name alone. Just analyzing your question.

Very smart man that Yesua-bar-Yeseph. Great orrator, good with crowds, good at kissing baby's, that kind of thing. A little eccentric, but likable.

Heck, with some of the lessons he's learned he could be running the place in a few years. I mean there's not a record of him dying a second time, so it might mean that he's kicking around somewhere. Maybe he just has to give up that homeless thing of his (ascetism is so five-minutes ago), and maybe apply himself a little more, kinda thing. He might discover someday that he has all his treasures in heaven, and none on Earth.

I'd vote for him. I mean all he ever talked about was Love. We need more of that IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

The "sethian" beard gotta go though. You look like a gawd-damn out-of-control Templar with that thing, Super X.

Not that that is bad, just saying it makes people nervous. And we are so about keeping people safe these days. Sell the sizzle kinda thing. Whether its true or not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join