It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasticly Sweet People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I've lost count of the times I've seen you called a miserable bugger

You just made me laugh so much I nearly choked

Personally, I understand the reasoning behind a sweet approach to people. You're less likely to get their backs up so you are more likely to walk away from the encounter unscathed. It can be a survival mechanism.

But hugging - that's an invasion of personal space and it's a brave person who complains at the time. To save social awkwardness we are practically forced into accepting it, which puts us in a submissive role.

I'm glad that your social group is made up of nice people, that shows how discerning you are about the company you keep. But some of us occasionally get stuck with dealing with idiots. Bloody huggy ones at that

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

You just made me proper laugh out loud as well!

I'm probably just lucky that my social groups are the same people from my 90's rave scene, loved up and all that.
Crazy dance party Friday just gone involved lots of hugs and catching up with many many people.
The only difference these days is it's a taxi at dawn instead of the walk of shame.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What I don't like about the forced -sweetness thing is that while in a group, it means SOMEONE will pick up on the repressed "negative" stuff and act it out for the original holders. There will be a black sheep. Someone very sensitive, someone very empathic, will end up taking out the trash. Possibly a teenager, or someone who was THAT person in their family dynamics.

I have this one side of family (paternal side) that are all a bunch of fake ass squeeling and over affectionate people, and they have this inside joke, which I think originated with my paternal grandmother, who would proclaim "Great. Now I'M the son of a bitch!"

Someone always is the son of a bitch at their get togethers, because someone has to be. It's like hogging all the good emotions and passing all your undesirables to someone else.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomOrion

originally posted by: grainofsand
Miserable old bastards.
Unless you know someone is actually being false then take sweetness' as it is delivered.

Pretty much everyone in my social groups hug and are instinctively kind with their words.
Your lives sound hollow and bleak, bitching that people are trying to be nice.
Miserable old codgers.

You're probably right. Maybe I'm just being a Scrooge. I've personally seen the duplicity myself so I'm naturally cynical as a result. Maybe I should simply change my environment. And myself.

People oozing with sickening sweet attitudes like them, are no different from whiney Liberals always trying to cram their BullSht down the rest of our throats when they demand it's ""Normal behaviour"".

Let them stomp their feet, it's what they do best after all.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'd rather buy that Seal than you.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ScreamingNinjas
I can't stand people that do that either.
Sweet sickly people that can't keep their hands to themselves, I'm totally wary of. Piss off comes to mind.
Plus they laugh and giggle at everything whether it's funny or not making them appear even more plastic.

AMEN ....

Phew!!

So glad I'm not alone in that .... Always thought it was just me!

The entitled and how many *likes* generation, who would rather post pictures

of their food on fb than eat it

Cheers to that

I won't get started on the FB crap, but you're right. Taking photos of themselves eating, selfie after frigging selfie. Why not take pics of themselves doing something we'd rather see like falling off a building or being eaten by sharks? Pfffft.
edit on 26-12-2016 by ScreamingNinjas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScreamingNinjas
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'd rather buy that Seal than you.

ok

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
lol....

glad i revisted this thread, it's making me laugh ... like out loud.

'snark'!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have come to really distrust people who give off that overly sweet appearence right away.

I am currently in a class with a woman who acts like she is innocent and sweet, but is actually an arrogant and judgemental biotch. There is also a russian woman who comes off as really cold at first, but is actually a wonderful person inside, as you get to see further inside her personality....I just don't trust appearences.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join