It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: 300 Illegal Votes Found In Seattle Governor Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
GOP representatives have announced that it has found over 300 illegal votes in the state's Governor election. 400 additional votes were found to be unverifiable. The task at hand will be to convince a judge that the evidence is enough to nullify the Democrat Christine Gregoire's victory, says Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
TUKWILA — The state Republican Party said in court papers filed yesterday that it has found 300 illegal votes and more than 400 that can't be verified in the governor's election.

With Christine Gregoire winning the governor's race by 129 votes, Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance says he now has found far more than enough evidence to persuade a judge to nullify the election and call for a rematch between Gregoire and Republican Dino Rossi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Voter Fraud.....intentional or not? Either, this is an example of how, in todays modern world, elections can still be mishandled. I am a liberal and have to say that it would be a democrat who is the apparent benafactor of illegal votes, but its the system that is on trial here.....not partisan issues. How do 300 illegal votes get cast? These are interesting developments and I'm curious to see if the election will become "null and void."

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Man Votes Illegally For Years

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There's more than enough evidence that enough illegal votes were counted as to cast in doubt the outcome of the election. Now lets see if the courts do anything about it.

[edit on 1/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And so on and so forth...

There is more than enough evidence to show that legal votes were not counted in Ohio, and that supervision of the election was a sham.

Let's recall the presidential election.

That may be more important to salvaging the nation from its current self-destruct path than even Washington.

However... back to normal programming.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How does it feel?

Vote fraud was extremely successful for the presidential race, why not this.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The list keeps getting longer......almost 600 felons voted in the recent governors election. This should be more than enough to nulliffy the race and start all over........and who says are election process is right.......

Article

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the current electoral process only works if the race isn't close.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's not going to happen the governor was sworn in already just like the president and is not going to be any changes, so Washington will be democrat and bush will still be republican and president.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
There was more voter irregularities in New Hampshire and Wisconsin, to name just 2 states, than Ohio's supposed irregularities. None of the claims in Ohio would be enough to overcome the margin of victory, whereas in these other states there have already been convictions for voter intimidation and out right fraud.

Or is slashing tires in Wisconsin not vote intimidation.

As for Washington State, you can't have more people vote than are actually registered in King County, even if it is the most populous county in the state.

Quit complaining about non-events, like Ohio, when we have real problems elsewhere around the country, like Washington and Wisconsin.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I love it!! Democrats disenfranchising voters!! And I haven't seen it mentioned once on the national media.

Typical.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yes, the irregularities in the Presidential election hurt BUSH. He probably should have won Wisconsin. It appears that more illegal votes were counted in Wisconsin than Kerry's margin of victory.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hopefully we in Washington state can set a precedent for re-voting when an election has so many problems.

I didn't vote for Bush. I did Vote for Rossi.

This is not about partisan politics. If we don't demand accountability, we will never get it. If a sucessful re-election takes place it empowers the voters, not the parties.

However I have heard it argued in local papers and talk shows that somehow a revote wouldn't be fair. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see a more fair solution than another election, after the first was so full of problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think that Washington should have a revote. The election officials in Seattle mixed illegal votes in with the legal votes so they can no longer be identified -- a revote is the only option.

What is going on with this? When is the court going to hear the case?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The case in discovery period right now. The sheer volume of evidence that needs to be collected will take them months to find and put together.

More information about case here:
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Its cute, where is the moral outrage from our usual bunch of 'Bush stole the election crowd" Hmmm lots of excuses and strawment no doubt. Funny, when the Democrats used voter fraud to thier advantage, no hue and cry?? Indeed back to the usual programming.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapndiamond
Quit complaining about non-events, like Ohio, when we have real problems elsewhere around the country, like Washington and Wisconsin.

I'll complain about every discrepancy; my problem lies with the system not partisan issues..........the point is to show that in fact a bogus election can occur.........Ohio has very interesting circumstances if you take a look at their local economy and their situation in the last couple of years........

BTW, Fredt, I'm a guy who firmly believes Bush stole the election, and I'm all over this discrepancy.........even though it would favor, gasp, a republican.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How does it feel?

Vote fraud was extremely successful for the presidential race, why not this.

So, your philosphy seems to be: We think (but have no real proof such as is mentioned here) the other side did it, so it's OK for us.

Really, is that the best you can come up with?

How about working towards elections where nobody cheats?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapndiamond
There was more voter irregularities in New Hampshire and Wisconsin, to name just 2 states, than Ohio's supposed irregularities.

Oh, did New Hampshire and Wisconsin have their state employee compensation funds turned inside out and laundered to Democratic campaigns all over America to the tune of millions?

The GOP's Tom Noe has been indicted for it in Ohio. That's what's not on the news.

The extended polling in rural areas and AM radio "we're losing" leaks to an evangelical base scared of being sodomized didn't help, but let's not lose sight of the actual criminal activity in the 04 election by actual GOP leaders, not just overzealous voters.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Its cute, where is the moral outrage from our usual bunch of 'Bush stole the election crowd."

I've been waiting a year for this guy in Washington to do something. Every month or so he says recount! I won. Or look, 12 more fake names. Term is going to be over if he doesn't just get it together and do something already. Or just wait and run again. I seriously think at this point it's just about the press release. And not even necessarily for him, just the GOP. He's being made quite a fool by them IMHO.

Seems like a laughing stock.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
How about working towards elections where nobody cheats?

How about working towards a society that has an even playing ground....elections are a tool......when everyone understands the emotive connotations of the words and concepts they use everyday, then we may be able to discuss fair elections....

The economic structure and subsequent societal attenuations based on economics necessitate different levels/types of mental activity......or lack thereof. When you think about it, the conspiracies we talk about, especially in the political arena, are resultant of the different educational backgrounds(mixed with a pinch of experienced bias.)

And paranoia is provoked, afterall, by the attempt to mentally connect the dots that are felt as unconnected.....despite the "color-coded maps" that have been prepared for us by the popular medias......

[edit on 8-11-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
*bump*

One of the interesting things I have found as a consequence to our fast paced communications/media reality is that we have a tendency to bring up the past only as an after thought...or as support for a stance that was taken in response to a current news piece and/or opinion.

Well. Happy New Year, ATS. Let's not forget the election broo-ha the last time around. Let's factor it in before we get lost in the idealogical trite and insubstantiation of what will surely be a disjointed election year.

Look for gas prices to drop considerably beginning about the end of September.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by MemoryShock]

top topics

join