It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Messiah to King in the eyes of the RNC

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Hold on now. I'm not saying I hate anyone. I just think some dumb things have been said and it's funny to watch how everyone reacts to them and falls all over themselves trying to spin or deflect or defend anything at all that mentions Trump.

But I never said I hated anyone. So far if there's been any hate I think it's been directed toward me for simply giving my opinion on something but even then I don't recall anyone directly saying they hated me either so even that might be speculation.

Especially since I'm loved by so many here on both the left and the right that I can't imagine anyone saying they hate me. People here love me.....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
"We need a president who can bring us all together," she said. "I know [Barack Obama] is the one."
You are referring to this quote?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: network dude

No that didn't clear up anything. In fact that explanation kinda sucked big time.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Mandela effect in there somewhere or something???

Sure, since the "Jesus is the newborn king" saying came about long before Trump, the only way low mentality folks could misconstrue that statement is to have the mandela effect in place and make Trump now the "king" as your OP has stated. It kind of goes along with the mandela effect being something that folks with poor memory are fans of. And poor memory goes right along with idiotic thinking. So you can make of that what you will, but the facts seem to speak for themselves. (It's actually ironic that YOU missed all that) LOL! Proving the point as it were.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Yeah, we all know the reference of a "New Born King" is about Jesus. But when you read it in the context which surrounds that little part it makes sense. Let's take it from the top.

“Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King.

So it talks about Two Millennia ago, Jesus, the New King was born. Then says like that night long ago, "This Christmas" is a time to celebrate the good news of a new king. What new king is there THIS Christmas??? What good news is there of a New King this Christmas??? Who could they possibly be talking about???

I realize how difficult it might be for you to see the subtle reference there, but it's there. I thought it was kinda clever too actually. The RNC isn't known for being all that creative IMO so I think it shows a good effort in their a$$ kissing actually. IMO they should have left it as it was too rather than back away from it and change it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well I guess if Trump is a king.

That must make the mud pit the court of jesters.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well I guess if Trump is a king.

That must make the mud pit the court of jesters.

Hahahah! That just made my day!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't even have Twitter FYI. So like usual your theory and accusations are sh*t. But don't let that stop you.

As for being triggered that word has become almost pointless now. Ironically I have to laugh at how many of you Trump Zombies were Triggered into defending him again while calling everyone else triggered.

It's like they are micro chipped to come flocking and swear that even printed words before them don't exist.

It's like you don't even read a thread to realize I never disputed the quote... You're just piling on because your "micro chip" only flocks to hate....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

A timely perspective offered on Trumpites..

The rich declare themselves poor
And most of us are not sure
If we have too much
But we'll take our chances
Because god's stopped keeping score
I guess somewhere along the way
He must have let us all out to play
Turned his back and all god's children
Crept out the back door

And it's hard to love, there's so much to hate
Hanging on to hope
When there is no hope to speak of
And the wounded skies above say it's much too late
Well maybe we should all be praying for time

These are the days of the empty hand
Oh you hold on to what you can
And charity is a coat you wear twice a year

This is the year of the guilty man
Your television takes a stand
And you find that what was over there is over here

So you scream from behind your door
Say "what's mine is mine and not yours"
I may have too much but i'll take my chances
Because god's stopped keeping score
And you cling to the things they sold you
Did you cover your eyes when they told you

That he can't come back
Because he has no children to come back for

It's hard to love there's so much to hate
Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
And the wounded skies above say it's much too late
So maybe we should all be praying for time

2020...God is still keeping score...it just takes a "little faith"

edit on 26-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So, I guess I'll be the non-Trump supporter to say I don't get that from what Priebus said personally. Granted, I could be wrong, but I honestly think the only thing that separates "This is obviously, self-evidently referring to Christ," from, "Oh is he talking about Trump surreptitiously?" is the lack of the word "born" after the word "new."

Had the quote been, "Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a newborn King," I doubt this would even be a discussion. And the capitalization of the word King to me denotes Christ.

Again, I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt Priebus was referring to Trump, and neither the omission of one word or part of a word that would have made this more unequivocal, nor the ostensible context suggesting otherwise (which I also don't see personally,) is enough to persuade me he was.

I say this as someone who finds Trump's election and the social dynamics underlying it, as well as his cabinet nominees to date and public statements since becoming the president-elect, greatly disturbing. (Though I did not support Clinton.) Just for the record.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My friends,

I am having trouble finding the purpose of this topic. What can actually come of it? If I spend time reading it, how will that benefit me? How does it benefit us? I don't see any academic value here. Nor any wisdom. All I see is fuel for a fire and a few sparks.

Maybe you all should focus on putting out fires instead of starting them. Perhaps then you won't burn alive.
edit on 26-12-2016 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
ahhhh the whiny butthurt continues to flow, people literally embarrassing themselves on a daily basis, acting and posting like crying little children.

I never knew a Trump win would be such a beautiful gift that keeps on giving day after day, the never ending whiny little children giving it the "waaaa trump sucks waaaaaaaa"

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bitcoinforever

So when he fails to deliver his campaign points (Lock her up, build that wall) will you blindly follow or will you actually be critical of him?.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ok lets call it a truce. We can still disagree though.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Your not alone. Trump is a dumpster fire and Priebus's statement was not anything to react to. It is an inflamtory auto-immune reaction post shock to the system.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitcoinforever
ahhhh the whiny butthurt continues to flow, people literally embarrassing themselves on a daily basis, acting and posting like crying little children.

I never knew a Trump win would be such a beautiful gift that keeps on giving day after day, the never ending whiny little children giving it the "waaaa trump sucks waaaaaaaa"

I sometimes feel gratitude when the zealots dismiss and deride the other side..my side..because I know the ferocity with which the pendulum will swing in a few years. The better me hopes for moderation..but in an all out battle the majority will pummel the arrogant right wing in the next decade..more so because of this loss..look for common ground now.. or take your jouvenile gloating while it lasts..cuz make a war and give no common ground and liberals will stop being merciful and understanding.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Only paying attention to this thread to see how many pages it take until "cultural resilience" accepts that the RNC did make the post. Too funny.

Annnndddd I love you all but good god you guys have too much time on your hands! I seriously envy the out of all of you for that.

If I had enough extra time in the day to get on here and bicker over this pointless bs and excitedly throw out the same ol "Time for some popcorn!" line over and over (and then lightly chuckle after I slowly read it out loud to myself to make sure I spelled everything correctly) or the be like our safety minded members that give us all the kind warnings (often with full color graphics) concerning potential "triggerings" (sounds kind of erotic) , well I can say I'd at least try it for a week to see if it was a possible positive and fulfilling way to spend my extra time. hopefully it is for the more active participants of this thread and ones like it!

With that said, I wish you all a happy new year (seriously) with even more "clever" one liners (sort of serious) than last year and even more efficienct trigger warning mechanisms (safety first) AND even MORE use of the kneeslappers "libtard" and "conservative nut job"(dead serious...I need as many examples as possible to come up with reasons to potentially doubt what you are saying and I judge this through repetitive showcasing of a completely #e sense of humor)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Oh how soon the left forgets their worship of his highness and Messiah, Candidate Obama. No one is fooling anyone here.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I can't believe this thread exists.

Christmas ---> Jesus ----> Newborn King of Kings
Etc etc

Somehow became Trump because we have mindless people so obsessed with politricking that they project Trump into a typical seasons greetings message.

No reading comprehension skills these days.
I see it over and over and over again.

This is so surreal.
Yikes!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Let's review the facts here...

1)
ATS is generally full of some of the best and brightest

2)
ATS is still way below basic reading comprehension in general

3)
ATSers have serious trouble accepting reality far too often

4)
Logical fallacies everywhere, very little critical thinking, no one can admit mistakes, etc etc

5)
Civilization is doomed

Cmon ATS I expect WAY BETTER!!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This is why we will never win another election. You embarass yourself and fellow liberals when you post such ridiculous paranoia.

Jesus Christ is the "New/newborn King". Each Christmas the majority of Christians celebrate the birth of the New King. You can't say birth of newborn king, the birth covers the born part. You either say "newborn king" or "birth of the new king".

When King is capitalized it refers to Christ just as a capital G in god Denotes Yahweh (Christ head if trinitarian).
edit on 26-12-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join