It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Story Sets off Israel-Pakistan Twitter Feud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Looks like somebody posted a "fake" report about how Israel would respond to Pakistan sending troops to Syria.

The claim was Israel would nuke Pakistan !!

This led to a "war" on Twitter with some high officials participating !!

Was it really a "fake" statement? Or did somebody get ahold of some classified inside info and comments?

Sometimes truth is concealed in "fiction" to make people automatically think it's fake.

Fake News Story Sets off Israel-Pakistan Twitter Feud

A fake news story has touched off a tense Twitter confrontation between nuclear power Pakistan and Israel, widely believed to have a nuclear arsenal of its own, in an episode that underlines the potentially harmful impact of such stories in sensitive global affairs

In an apparent response to a fake story claiming Israel's former defense minister threatened a nuclear attack against Pakistan if it sends troops to Syria, Pakistan's Defense Minister Khawaja Mohammad Asif reminded Israel that "Pakistan is a nuclear state too."

Israel's Defense Ministry tweeted back Saturday, saying the original story on the site AWD News was "totally fictitious."

AWD has been identified by fact-checking organizations as a fake news site.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So much "fake" news doing the rounds these days, those bloody fakeist's just don't know when to stop. I'll await the "real" news from my government tomorrow when Christmas is over and all the pre-records are once again replaced by "real" talking heads.

It's all fake until i am reassured otherwise

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think threatening to nuke someone is Israel's third choice for revenge, everyone knows they just refuse to do cash or talk to anyone for the first two:

According to GLZ Radio, a popular station operated by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), Netanyahu instructed members of his cabinet not to travel to any state which voted in favor of the UN resolution passed Friday. He has also forbidden them from meeting their counterparts from those countries.

"I instructed the Foreign Ministry to complete within a month a re-evaluation of all our contacts with the United Nations, including the Israeli funding of UN institutions and the presence of UN representatives in Israel," Netanyahu said in a statement quoted by Reuters.

"I have already instructed to stop about 30 million shekels ($7.8 million) in funding to five U.N. institutions, five bodies, that are especially hostile to Israel ... and there is more to come," he added.

www.rt.com...

I understand why Pakistan may threaten to nuke Israel, but at this minute in time I deem this 'fake news'

edit on -216002016-12-25T14:02:26-06:000000002631201626122016Sun, 25 Dec 2016 14:02:26 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But Jewish State does not have nuclear weapon
so it is really faked.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

so it is really faked.

Maybe they have a long term lease/option.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What if this story about fake news is actually the fake news? Mind=blown.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It wouldn't have anything to do with Pakis testing their new cruise missile now, would it?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
I think threatening to nuke someone is Israel's third choice for revenge, everyone knows they just refuse to do cash or talk to anyone for the first two:

According to GLZ Radio, a popular station operated by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), Netanyahu instructed members of his cabinet not to travel to any state which voted in favor of the UN resolution passed Friday. He has also forbidden them from meeting their counterparts from those countries.

"I instructed the Foreign Ministry to complete within a month a re-evaluation of all our contacts with the United Nations, including the Israeli funding of UN institutions and the presence of UN representatives in Israel," Netanyahu said in a statement quoted by Reuters.

"I have already instructed to stop about 30 million shekels ($7.8 million) in funding to five U.N. institutions, five bodies, that are especially hostile to Israel ... and there is more to come," he added.

www.rt.com...

I understand why Pakistan may threaten to nuke Israel and vice versa but at this minute in time I deem this 'fake news' :up

Seems somebody got "triggered". Maybe he should go find a nice cold "safe space" so he can preserve his "snowflakiness".

I've been wanting to use that for a while now but it seemed funnier before. Damn RWNJ's have worn it out.

BoT:
Pakistan scares the crap out of me. They are in control of nukes and they fall for this BS. Scary days ahead.
edit on 12/25/2016 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: residentofearth

so it is really faked.

Maybe they have a long term lease/option.

For real I do believe their estimated nuclear arsenal is much bigger than EU countries. Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty is not signed and ratified by Jewish State so the connection is clear. They stand in one line with India, Pakistan and South Sudan which I do believe will sign and ratified soon after Darfur conflict ends.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Seems staged as more evidence that "fake news" is the new thing to wage war on and suspend rights over.

But that's just how it seemed to me at first glance

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Radioactive snowflakes for a thousand years

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Israel, widely believed to have a nuclear arsenal of its own

Israel's former defense minister threatened a nuclear attack against Pakistan

This led to a "war" on Twitter with some high officials participating

Can I have a link to the twitter feed?
Thanks.

Because if Israel's pm said such a thing, I'd be more apt to believe they got nukes, even more-so now that I think about it.
They're not a party in the NPT Member States PDF are they?
It goes from Ireland then on to Italy.

Season's Greetings

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Scary to think that a war could really take place, with nukes no less, over fake news articles on the internet... THE INTERNET of all places.

It could happen.

I have to add...

I was just thinking. If fake news articles are created to troll the world, like bring out negative actions in people, who's to say an article could not be well crafted to bring out the good in people. Something like world leaders gather and come to a peace agreement and all the people show their support by filling in front of their countries capitals in records numbers, by the thousands and building every hour to more and more people.

In theory, that might have an affect where people all race to do the same and suddenly the world sees this activity for this reason and have no other choice than to make the fake news story real based on how the people all over the world flock for this one purpose.

Who knows... could happen. Just has to be as 'realistic' as the bad fake news articles that totally have people at each other's throats.

edit on 25-12-2016 by StallionDuck because: additional thought

top topics

join