It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin O'Leary Eyeing 2019 Canadian Elections to Kick Trudeau Out of Office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Kevin O'Leary gauges support for Tory leadership bid
www.ctvnews.ca...

Businessman and media personality Kevin O’Leary has launched an “exploratory committee” to help gauge public support for a possible run at the leadership of Canada’s Conservative Party as he looks to “exorcize” the current Liberal government from Ottawa in 2019.

On his website, O’Leary is also directly asking Canadians whether he should officially run for the Tory leadership

“I don’t have the name recognition problem, I don’t have a money problem, I have a too-many-candidates-in-the-race problem.
“So I’m going to let the natural Darwinian forces of finance cull the herd a bit.”

But O’Leary said he “certainly” wants to participate in the “debate this country so desperately needs about its future.”

“We are deeply broken,” in this country, O’Leary said, pointing to new data released Friday morning that shows Canada’s GDP shrank in October [0.9%]. The businessman laid the blame squarely on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who he said has “gone in the wrong direction.”

Trudeau promised jobs for 18 to 35 year olds, O’Leary said, but has not delivered.

“It’s now clear they’re still living in the basement, so all of those selfies and the work he wants to do with the United Nations and all the money he’s giving away to other countries, clearly he doesn’t care about those millennials anymore.”

“Those are the young Canadian entrepreneurs and I speak their language. I speak the language of jobs. That’s the third language in Canada, Trudeau will never learn that in the next 36 months. I may get better in French but he’ll never get better at jobs.”

I am not sure if this has been posted already. I was unable to get through this as my internet or computer crashed on me so I am hoping to get my thoughts out now.

Since Justin "Airhead" Trudeau took office, he has done nothing for Canadian except lower some personal income tax, increase other taxes, spend billions of dollars on Syrian refugees, and spend [$13M] millions of dollars on his PM house on renovations. Meanwhile, the economy is going to hell, jobs are lacking for the next gens and millennials, housing prices and inflation are beyond living means.

As of Sept. 2016:

www.cbc.ca...

The ratio of household credit market debt to disposable income rose from 165.2 per cent (excluding pension entitlements) in the first quarter of the year to 167.6 per cent in the second quarter. That means households held $1.68 in credit market debt for every dollar of disposable income, Statistics Canada said.Sep 15, 2016

As far as GDP is concerned, I have been seeing a lot more people taking on three jobs from their current two jobs. Everyone is fighting hard to get somewhere and then seasonal work, including manufacturing jobs take hits:

www.cbc.ca...

Moreover, as Canadians are trying to keep afloat by making ends meet, this airhead decides on Oct. 3, 2016 the federal government will unilaterally impose a price on carbon pollution -- a floor price of $10 a tonne starting in 2018 and increasing to $50 a tonne by 2022 -- in provinces and territories that fail to adopt their own carbon pricing plan. All revenue from the federal pricing regime is to be returned to the provinces or territories in which it is generated - a whole lot of bulldung!

Where Trudeau is looking to money mine Canadians with a tax axe, O'Leary would look to mine Canadians for work potential and economic growth while easing up on taxes.

Seriously, I am done with this Trudeau douchebag...never voted for the guy, but already I want him out! Godspeed to the rest of Canada.

For more enjoyment...please watch the amazing video below:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

We've seen Brexit, Trump, Italy (Italeave), is Canada next?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I am thinking that Canadians will need someone more crazy then Trump was in order to buy into .Kevin would hardly fit .I don't even think the far right here in Canada is or has a base ...maybe a small group in Alberta LOL ..Quebec will cancel out them in a moment ...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I was happy to see Harper get the boot..way to right wing robot, and closeminded for me, Trudeau scares me though in a fiscal sense.
Do not know enough of O'Leary to make a call on him.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Trudeau may get kicked out of office but it won't be by Trump o' the North Kevin O'leary. One blowhard leader on this continent is quite enough thank you.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Doesn't the GDP take a dip every October? What's so special about this one? Why didn't you post the vid of Trudeau kicking wife beater Brazeau's butt in the ring just to show you're not biased?

Oh! Forgot to add:

Our (not so) crappy economy wouldn't have anything to do with the Cons putting all their eggs in one basket and relying on Alberta's black gold to prop up the dollar. Yeah things only look bad when you're on the blue side of the spectrum.
edit on 12/25/2016 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Canada is slated to be in a major deficit during the Trudeau regime...so to get out of it taxes are going to be increased as opposed to decreased spending on useless activities? I am sick of giving more money to government so they can waste it and then put more bonuses into their pockets!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Canadone

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Canada is slated to be in a major deficit during the Trudeau regime...so to get out of it taxes are going to be increased as opposed to decreased spending on useless activities? I am sick of giving more money to government so they can waste it and then put more bonuses into their pockets!

Canada was slated to be at least 8-15 billion in the black by last election time. Only took the Cons 10 years to break even from when they took office. Not to mention slashed the budgets of virtually every dept. and program to get that not so impressive break even budget through. trudeau is left picking up the pieces of a crippled Gov. and trying to rebuild what Harper destroyed. I guess he's going to get stuck being blamed for that basket of broken eggs.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

True...I just wish Canada had someone like Cretien and Martin to step back in office...since then the politics have been suffering

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Have to agree with you there brother. They took the hard road but got this country back on track for what it's worth.

P.S. Added a few lines to the post just to vent a bit. Thought you were one of those Alberta Reformers.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
Canadone

Sad to hear...and that summed it up like the Vancouver "Cannots"....errr, I mean Canucks. The Cannots and Canadone are unable to win in games and or the economy. Fans are leaving by the boat loads
And refugees are shipped in by the plane loads

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Have to agree with you there brother. They took the hard road but got this country back on track for what it's worth.

P.S. Added a few lines to the post just to vent a bit. Thought you were one of those Alberta Reformers.

BC-erite here

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Canada was slated to be at least 8-15 billion in the black by last election time. Only took the Cons 10 years to break even from when they took office. Not to mention slashed the budgets of virtually every dept. and program to get that not so impressive break even budget through. trudeau is left picking up the pieces of a crippled Gov. and trying to rebuild what Harper destroyed. I guess he's going to get stuck being blamed for that basket of broken eggs.

I'm sorry, what is Liberal-the-kid "fixing" right now? Other than legalizing pot on a federal Level, patting communists on the Back.... I'm lost.

Harper saw Canada rise to the strongest economy in the world. Let's see Trudeau hold on to those "broken eggs" as you put it.

I do want to to give Trudeau one compliment. He cancelled the F-35 procurement. That was a bad move on Harper but at the same time I have seen Harper put is heart behind issues and I never believed he really had his heart in the F-35. He was told to pitch it, he did, then he let it fizzle away without much fight like we usually got from him.
edit on pSun, 25 Dec 2016 12:56:01 -06002016 001Sun, 25 Dec 2016 12:56:01 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All I can picture now is Trump and O'leary drooling over each other patting themselves on the back saying what great guys they are. It'll be a revulsive bromantic lovefest.

Where the hell is that comet!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I never said he was fixing anything! I said he's left holding the bag, if he fixes anything well good for him.Don't think I'm a fan of the Libs either I'll fling poo at any crappy politician that comes along including the Libs, NDP, PQ or Greens ( I won't dis Liz she's a sweetheart).

As for the F35 it's looking smarter and smarter as we see them coming online and doing what they are supposed to be capable of and coming down to the price point they were supposed to be at when the deal was made. I doubt the SuperHornets are going to be any cheaper if L-M honours the original buy-in agreement.

Good thing Harper made sure to protect the banking controls like he did or we would of been screwed. Oh wait nevermind wrong guy. And I suppose you mean when crude was selling for $120 a barrel? YUeah smart move on Harpers part too bad it's under $50 now.

But it's Putins fault LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Canadians vote according to hair and ab muscles. I'm not sure O'Leary has the qualifications.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Leary is a cold calculating asshole. Think Dragons Den

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

I'm not sure what you mean about the controls? Flaherty did it not Harper?

And everyone in the G8 was enjoying the same barell prices so I think that it is relative. We were #1 at growth. I'm not sure there even was a recession in Canada. Alberta just finally fell off a couple years ago due to being so reliant on oil. The 2008 collapse was everywhere except Canada.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Kevin O'Leary gauges support for Tory leadership bid

Just a regular little Trump Mini-O' Me. Even talking about taking his BBQ spatula to 'clean the crap outta Ottawa', because that swamp thang was taken, eh?.
Personally, I'm pleased that he is aping Trump in his endeavours because I figure even Ford Nation will be having second thoughts after watching a couple of years of shenanigans from south of the border.
Meanwhile, world-wide, corn futures continue to soar!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join