It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound City Studios

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Dave Grohl, of Nirvana & Foo Fighters fame produced this fantastic documentary of the Sound City Studios in Van Nuys California, it is almost 2 hours in length, but in my opinion well worth the time spent. The albums, the artists, the Gold & Platinum Records that were created here are a history of Rock & Roll. For those interested you can watch the documentary here:

Dave Grohl: The Sound City Studios

...The studio was known for its ability to produce hi quality drum records using an analog console Neve, which Grohl later purchased from the sudio. Some of the artists that recorded their albums in this cult studio are Slipknot, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young and Fleetwood Mac.

The documentary is covering the story about the studio since the very beginning in 1969, and to the end of its existence in 2011. The end credits of this documentary have a dedication to the key grip of this film, Brian Hauge who sadly passed away in 2012.

The premiere of this film was in January 18th in 2013 at the Sundance Film Festival...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yep, pretty sure I saw that on Netflix. It really was good, especially for someone into making music, and who likes those artists.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn
Thanks, I was waiting for this to come out!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I loved the song that McCartney and Grohl's crew put together from scratch... I didn't think Sir Paul had that much rocking left in his soul..

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Me too... I don't have netflix... hope you enjoyed it

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I loved the song that McCartney and Grohl's crew put together from scratch... I didn't think Sir Paul had that much rocking left in his soul..

You gotta see: The.Beatles.Eight.Days.a.Week.The.Touring.Years
Pretty fun. Fan since about 1964.

new topics

top topics

join