It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Tiger Faces Death For Biting Idiot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And then there were 799

A critically endangered tiger might have to be killed after a man reached through a chain-link fence Tuesday at the Great Plains Zoo and was bitten by the animal.

In an outrageous affront to Darwin, rabies laws may result in the beast being put down while the "victim's genes are allowed to keep swimming in the pool.

Not that he is entirely stupid, he managed to circumvent a number of obstacles designed to prevent just such an occurance.

In order to reach the tiger, the man had to climb a 42-inch barrier fence and walk a few feet to get to a 12-foot chain-link exhibit fence. A second boundary of fencing can be found around most exhibits, except at the bird of prey exhibit and the children's zoo.

Tragic irony. Unfortunately morons are no longer an endangered species.

The Amur tiger, often called a Siberian tiger, is one of about 800 remaining worldwide and is at the Sioux Falls zoo as part of an international species survival program.

According to the article, unless the bite is from a dog, cat, or ferret (ok if a ferret bit me I'd have his weasely neck wrung in an instant) the animal must be put down to discern if it is rabid or not.

Rabies can be confirmed only in a laboratory, using brain tissue from a dead animal, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, so an animal must be killed before it can be tested.

Shouldn't the "victim" at least be neutered?
Its only fair.
www.argusleader.com.../20050127/NEWS/501270327/1001

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Good for the tiger. He was looking out for himself, as he should.

They should NOT put that tiger to sleep. That would be criminal.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I thought the crature has to be exterminated in order to determine if it has rabies or not? Otherwise the guy would have to have rabies treatments with the possibility of not having rabies.

If thats the reason for exterminating the animal, then it really does bring up a genuine human happiness over animals ethical issue. Its an rare animal and killing it might be for nothing, if it infact has rabies, since the guy's getting the treatment with or without the animal getting killed.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I suggest they feed these rare and beautiful animals a steady diet of idiots. The tigers get fed, and we as a society get a little relief from the bottom of the bell curve.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
DEEVEE "D"

Why would you want to neuter a LEETLE kitty Cat!

Here KITTie.. KITTie

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
He said "victim", He wasnt talking about the cat. In my oppinion if you climb into a tiger enclosure and get bitten you had it coming.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As an alternative, why not check the guys dead brain tissue and let the big cat alone. By the sounds of it you wouldn't even have to kill him to find the dead brain tissue.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If you hang out at the barber shop, you're probably going to get a hair cut!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is disgusting.

I'm not a PETA person FYI. I eat meat. My shoes aren't exactly cow friendly. Whatever, let's just establish that first.

This case is a no brainer.

This person intentionally put himself in danger. It is as though the government would force Ford to recall all Tauruses because the wheels have been found to damage people's skulls when the skull is placed beneath the car. Ummmm... what happened to this man is deserved and a lesson to others.

A tiger is not a toy, it is not a programmable computer game and it is not a friendly jolly kid. Don't screw with wild animals, it's a simple concept.

Put the tiger down to find out if it had rabies so you can decide on treatment for the idiot? I don't think so. Assume he had rabies, give the man the shot in the rear (or whatever they do for rabies nowadays, sorry, I live in the city) and be done with it.

Whoever makes the decision... if they decide the tiger should go, I suggest they put their head in a croc's mouth next. Or perhaps bathe with the piranhas. It's the fish's fault.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Looks like Cyber the tiger is going to be OK.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
The man who has said he jumped over the barrier before being bitten by Cyber, has agreed to save the tiger's life.

"We always knew that testing the tiger, and that means testing the tiger's brain, was a last resort," said Judy Buseman, Sioux Falls Public Health Director."

The health department's first choice was treating the man.And because he agreed to the five rabies injections that take about a month, Cyber will not need to be tested for rabies, a test that requires brain tissue from the dead animal.

For many, that news is a relief.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm sure that they aren't going to kill an endangered tiger over this moron. God, what does it take people? This a-hole will probably try and sue the zoo now. He needs to be put to sleep.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What would Nero have done? I suppose he would offer up the idiot to the Tiger in the arena as a fitting sacrifice to Jupiter.

Why is it in our day and age that solution seems so plausible, have we become decadent Romans?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

According to the article, unless the bite is from a dog, cat, or ferret (ok if a ferret bit me I'd have his weasely neck wrung in an instant) the animal must be put down to discern if it is rabid or not.

quote:
Rabies can be confirmed only in a laboratory, using brain tissue from a dead animal, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, so an animal must be killed before it can be tested.

Couldnt they just treat the moron for rabies? that dosent make sense!
Why not just put the moron down!

Heres another moron to laugh at!
www.big-boys.com...

[edit on 033131p://05013 by instar]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
I'm sure that they aren't going to kill an endangered tiger over this moron. God, what does it take people? This a-hole will probably try and sue the zoo now. He needs to be put to sleep.

I agree, you do have an awesome avatar. They should neuter that dude, not put him to sleep.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Why not just put the moron down!

At least give him the 'two bricks' treatment and stop him making any more of his ilk.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Two bricks? OUCH !!!! thats evil Pisky!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there's an authority to contact, a petition to sign, or something else to do to save the poor beast? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Two bricks? OUCH !!!! thats evil Pisky!
Ive used Razor Blades quik, simple, no pain, before you can say What the Fek there gone.....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
kill the stupid animal...like 800 rare tigers will be essential for continuing life on the planet

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
read the next article, looks like the tiger will be alright. The guy had it coming to him, he put himself in the position and violated that proud and beautiful animal's space so he deserved it IMO. It would of been a great crime to put it down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join