It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 vs F-35 side by side video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I Wonder how the F-35 will do compared to Electronic warefare from Air, sea and land. This is a issue hardly ever talked about.

The other thing i hardly ever read about is the Up time on a Battle ready F-35 compare to the 4 gen fighters like the F-15, F-16 and F-18. How many missions in hours can the F-35 preform compared to a 4th gen fighter?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I also wonder about the new Oshkosh replacement for the Humvee, at $400,000 a piece.

I'm just guessing, mind you, but I think there'd be a bit more tech and armour in a Humvee for the battlefield than a $200,000 base-line Bentley for city driving.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

There's no way to know on the mission capable rate until the aircraft is actually flying missions in numbers comparable to the aircraft you want to compare it to. At this point there aren't enough aircraft to get a good read on what the MC rate will be, and since most of the aircraft flying are developmental aircraft, they're still going to have some problems, resulting in a lower MC rate.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

The shape difference is entirely about stealth. Stealth actually has the appearance of less sophisticated compared to other modern jets but it isnt. Its just for a different purpose.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

The commonality of the shape must mean theres really only one way to design a stealth jet...

no. absolutely not. You have to remember its the same company that designed both. The F-23 would have been a fine bird and looked very little like the F-22 or F-35.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Well yes, and no. The planform was radically different, but you had the same basic design features. Canted tails, flat wide fuselage and wings, more curves than angles. There's leeway, but a stealth aircraft is going to have many features that are similar to each other.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

GM can put a baseline hmmv together for pennies. What they sell them for I don't remember but there is nothing special about a hmmv.. nothing

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bra1nwash

Armor isn't cheap. To armor a personal vehicle/SUV runs up to $500,000 on the upper end, and almost $60,000 on the low end, using civilian grade armor.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Armor for civilian vehicles is expensive. There is nothing particularly expensive about any military ground vehicles armor not wrapped in depleted uranium and to a lesser degree explosive reactive armor. Sorry to say it's mostly just varying degrees of rolled steel; the more protection the worse the performance. The glass is expensive.. and heavy. Some of the newer OSHKOSH vehicles have some amenities. outlets to power electronics, "air-conditioning" and some what comfortable racing style seats. Luckily the newer vehicles have the hull shape to improve their resistance to IEDs. They're safe sometimes but they're overpriced in a lot of ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join