It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Round Rock - Curiosity- Sol 1555

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon
a reply to: LookingAtMars

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you look to the upper right corner of the image you will notice a smaller one with almost the same color and roundness.

That is the same one in a different picture. From the looks of that picture it may be as small as the blueberries Opportunity saw, but it sure looks "newer".

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

sorry if I insulted you good tread , it wasnt my Intension I just meant to say that I don't believe that official Mars pictures from Nasa actually come from mars. Too much wierd stuff on the official 'Marspictures' Nasa had to do a better job in photoshopping

Thanks, sorry my reply made it sound that way. As usual I was just a little confused.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you look to the upper right corner of the image you will notice a smaller one with almost the same color and roundness.

That is the same one in a different picture. From the looks of that picture it may be as small as the blueberries Opportunity saw, but it sure looks "newer".

Here is an enlarged crop of the 2d image.

edit on 26-12-2016 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
why is a round shaped rocked peculiar? we have those on earth... and the moon, and on any celestial body able to support rock formations.

Because you don't see them every day, if you found one on Earth would you not pick it up and show it to people?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

No no, I know that the one you posted is in the image, however there is a smaller one in the right upper corner, about an inch inwards and half an inch down.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
why is a round shaped rocked peculiar? we have those on earth... and the moon, and on any celestial body able to support rock formations.

Primarily because round rocks on Earth are typically caused by relatively swift moving water that bounces the rock along it's bottom over and over removing the "edges". There is obviously no fast moving rivers on Mars today so the existence of round rocks could very well point to a much wetter Martian past than many used to believe until very recently.

As far as the moon goes, I am not aware of many (any?) truly round rocks on it's surface. The moon never had water or atmosphere of any kind so the formation of a truly round (or almost perfectly round rock) would be exceedingly rare as there aren't that many other processes that can produce them - although there are a few depending on the type of rock/stone (rock would need to have a large concentration of metal in it) in order to potentially be formed by a meteor strike or something very similar. There is *very* little metal on the moon of any kind. What little there is, comes from meteorites that impacted the moon and were metallic themselves.

I'm not an expert, so someone else may be able to explain it better or add some important details to the above.

Hope that helps.

edit on 12/26/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

No no, I know that the one you posted is in the image, however there is a smaller one in the right upper corner, about an inch inwards and half an inch down.

Yes, looks like a few more small ones.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

i.imgur.com...

^ 2 of them look similar, the 3rd one is round but not similar color.

Edit: We posted at the same time, sorry.

edit on 26-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
LOL, they are everywhere!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I've been looking at the landscape of Mars since I was a kid, had big printed landscape photos from Viking Landers on my walls, also the images from Venera on Venus, my eyes are tuned for it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
From another Sol 1555 image.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

no problem at all.. it's just I see so much 'artefacts/wierd stuff' that I have a hard time believing the official story (mars? rocks). That said keep up the good work! eventually the truth will come out I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Nice find! Many are quick to dismiss these kinds of spheres as concretions, metamorphic rocks or material that was formed by impacts or a combination of various geological processes (which would seem reasonable in many cases).

However, there have been images of other spherules (for example here and here) where the finer details and surface textures might cast some doubt on the above explanations.

IMO these kinds of features would warrant a closer look, but the geologists on the team obviously think it's a waste of time and resources otherwise they would have acquired a high resolution image via Curiosity's MAHLI cam.
edit on 3-1-2017 by jeep3r because: text

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join