It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy veil of Veronica in St Peter's at Rome is authentic, not a copy of Manoppello.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob in Hebrew culture is the Creator power of the world, is not an impure spirit.

Now in Greek-Latin Religion the God father was Zeus or Jupiter, so logically when those peoples became Christened that was their way to understand the source of the Message of Jesus, is just a question of cosmology, of mentality

Of course Hebrews were not the only ones on earth to venerate the Creator power or the Supreme life, the Indians called them Brahma and Shiva, even the native Americans did so calling it the Great Spirit.

Nevertheless, to equate Yaveh to the Greek deity Pan or to the Aztec Huitxilopochtli is blasphemy and a grave mistake, because they don't have nothing to do with creation.

When the ancient Mexicans called Quetzalcoatl the God that Hernan Cortez was bringing back they knew very well what they meant.

You have a great confusion of philosophical categories, now may I ask you what has this to do with the relics of the historic Jesus Christ?

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/30/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

You have a great confusion of philosophical categories, now may I ask you what has this to do with the relics of the historic Jesus Christ?

First you would have to prove that the shroud of Turin was authentic but more importantly whether the historicity of Jesus Christ is beyond doubt, Mostly a matter of faith

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to:
You would gave to show......

TheConstruKctionofLight

Really? ... Sorry but ground yourself, come back to earth, such arrogance is laughable.

Well, first at all a person can deny anything, but one thing is what the people decide to think subjectively, and another very different what is already sufficiently registered by historians.

I am not going to waste my time trying to enter in discussions that have been settled down many centuries ago.

Tacitus, Suetonius, Pilates, Flavius Josefus or the Babilonian Talmud are just only some of the many sources saying so.

Everybody along the first to fourth centuries AD , either in favor or against the claims of Divinity of Joshua Bar Josef, accepted his existence as a fact, there are many secular and Jewish reliable sources confirming that.

Sorry, this is a serious thread with a well defined topic, two archaelogical objects that have centuries of relatively known past. This is not a space to bring alternative History novels nor Tabloid sensationalist articles of what could be if certain Historic figures never had existed. I know that ATS has a Literature or fiction forum for those utopia essays..

Perhaps there could be gaps still pending to be filled by researchers, but the general framework is all based on written History, not in personal universes or opinions.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/30/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join