It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There seems to be a shrinking number of new pro-Trump threads posted by the alt-right on the Net

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is in stark contrast to the number of alt-right, pro-Trump threads that sprung up before the election with “Onward Trump” boosting content.

Now, it seems that the new Trump-fault-finding threads from the alt-right far outnumber their new pro-Trump threads, although, admittedly these fault-finding threads in absolute numbers are not really springing up like gangbusters.

This is not to say that there is a sever dearth of pro-Trump replies from the alt-right to the Trump-fault-finding threads. Oh, Trump still gets a good amount of defensive opposing views in response to any fault-finding (a good amount of excuse making, that is).

I admit that I have not trolled a huge number of message boards, and so, I admit that I have not gathered a statistically reliable, large sampling of anti-Trump v. pro-Trump post-election threads. I am just stating my assessment based on cursory observations.

So, how do you perceive such things?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough
He already won?
Not much point in defending your choice if the final verdict has been delivered.
Whats done is done.
But thank all the powers of the universe that it wasn't Hillary!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I admit that I have not trolled a huge number of message boards, and so, I admit that I have not gathered a statistically reliable, large sampling of anti-Trump v. pro-Trump post-election threads. I am just stating my assessment based on cursory observations.

So, you have no links, no proof and no numbers to back this up, just a "quick glance". How am I supposed to form an opinion with no facts to back up the claim?

edit on 25-12-2016 by DAVID64 because: not enough coffee yet

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
He already won?
Not much point in defending your choice if the final verdict has been delivered.
Whats done is done.
But thank all the powers of the universe that it wasn't Hillary!

In case you did not notice, there was an implied undercurrent to my original post.

It's that most future opposition to Donald Trump will come from his former supporters who are going to be sorely disappointed and not from The Donald's former opponents.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I believe we need a lot more time to pass.
You're making assumptions.. without proof.. about a guy's capability to do his job who hasn't even started with his new job.

I think he may get a lot more supporters after his first year, but I'm also assuming.
Only time will tell, don't assume to much just yet

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Using labels like "alt-right" tells me that you have a skewed view of your surroundings. You try to put things into a box because it's easier to broad stroke what's inside of it. Outside of that box, your opinion would be gone with the wind.

It's that most future opposition to Donald Trump will come from his former supporters who are going to be sorely disappointed and not from The Donald's former opponents.

How could you possibly know this?

edit on 25-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Using labels like "alt-right" tells me that you have a skewed view of your surroundings. You try to put things into a box because it's easier to broad stroke what's in it than what's out of it. Outside of that box, your opinion would be gone with the wind.

How could you possibly know this?

It's not a matter of knowing or not knowing something definitively. It's a matter of OPINION based on cursory observation, and also on the basis of what is NO LONGER appearing in the media, like the "Heil, Hitler" salute to The Donald.

Anyway, why don't you and the others answer the question that appeared in the original post: how do you perceive such things (meaning waning or not waning support from the alt-right for Donald Trump)?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think the posts so far have answered your question.
Your OP is a bit weak on facts and you admit that.

Most people here don't support extreme right views anyway, so they don't really care.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How many "alt-right' people are there even? Aside from Hillary branding any and all opposition as sch, her looney conspiracy theory, by what are 'they' defined?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It's not a matter of knowing or not knowing something definitively. It's a matter of OPINION based on cursory observation...

...which you are using to support the premise of this thread.

Matter:

There seems to be a shrinking number of new pro-Trump threads posted by the alt-right on the Net. This is in stark contrast to the number of alt-right, pro-Trump threads that sprung up before the election with “Onward Trump” boosting content.

Anti-Matter:

I admit that I have not trolled a huge number of message boards, and so, I admit that I have not gathered a statistically reliable, large sampling of anti-Trump v. pro-Trump post-election threads.

You annihilated your own thread.

I am just stating my assessment based on cursory observations.

It doesn't sound like you assessed anything at all. A cursory observation often leads to a skewed perception, ultimately leading to false pretenses when what was observed is applied in some way.

So, how do you perceive such things?

I try not to. The media and message boards hardly portray anything worth basing an opinion on. Getting the cold hard facts is the only way to form a logical opinion. Until you produce some of those, there is nothing to perceive.

People see what they want to see.

edit on 25-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
He won the election, of course there's going to be less energy and excitement surrounding him. Most who voted for him were against Hillary rather than for Trump. Now it's time to see what he does and hold him accountable.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I think the posts so far have answered your question.
Your OP is a bit weak on facts and you admit that.

Most people here don't support extreme right views anyway, so they don't really care.

Huh? If most people here don't support extreme right views anyway, then, I guess, that implies that they are to the left of the extreme right somehhere on the political scale, which further means that they should be salivating at the prospect of an about-face on the part of the alt-right... which further means that they SHOULD care and that they DO care.

The following article tends to support what I've been getting at: waning support for The Donald by former supporters:
Donald Trump? Trumpgrets: Regret Voting for Donald Trump? Check This Site for Fellow Voters Already Let Down by PEOTUS
edit on 25-12-2016 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

So, you have no links, no proof and no numbers to back this up, just a "quick glance". How am I supposed to form an opinion with no facts to back up the claim?

Perhaps the same way?
LOOK

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Really?
Uh huh. Got it.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hindsight.

20/20

I predict waning support the longer he's in office.
People already see he's an empty promise.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hindsight.

20/20

Considering this posters form on backing winners I would advise betting against this prediction.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hindsight.

20/20

Hindsight?? Not on my part.

Even though I saw eye-to-eye with Trump on a lot of issues during his presidential campaign, I steadfastly refused to vote for him even though I was badgered to do so.

This is how is is... this is how it was.

Long before Donald Trump became a political candidate and long before Donald Trump became a TV personality, I came to the firm conclusion that he was not a good person... to the contrary, a person with whom I should have absolutely nothing to do... a person to whose wealth I should not contribute a thin dime... all this despite the fact that way back then I SAW EYE-TO-EYE with Trump on a lot of issues.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The number of stars that GreenGunther received for the first reply to this thread belies your assertion.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He won the election. Now it is a waiting game. And I see pro Trump threads all of the time.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You are very very very wrong, really, people tell me, 1 million people tell me you are very wrong. Believe me, his reign will be yugggeee, it will be amazing.

Trump will kick the hell out of Mexicans and and take their oil. They are not a good people, believe me, I will be so great.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join