It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ba BA...BOOM!!! (wow!!!) Merry Christmas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sound asleep and suddenly a blinding flash of light and an almost simultaneous (BA-BOOM!!) was my Christmas morning greeting.

One dog shot straight up off the bed like a pre-loaded spring, or a Titan missile. I swear he narrowly missed the ceiling fan! The other dog turned in mid-air, like a fighter jet, and screamed under the bed without ever touching the ground. The 3rd dog, the Lab, hardly even stirred as she lay on the couch, she just let out a contented sigh and kept on dreaming of bird hunting.

For my part it was really the aerobatics of the two dogs which woke me from my slumber. The launch pad for the one dog was still reverberating with no dog in sight. My first thought was "Wow, Santa...pretty rough landing there, bud!" However, upon reaching a higher level of consciousness I saw a second flash and another (ka-BOOOOM!!)...and then the pouring rain/ice began to hit the roof and widows. The time, about 3:30am, my usual waking hour. A winter thunderstorm in the Rockies on Christmas morning. I would soon learn Santa had come and gone, long before the weather hit. Wise 'ol cowboy, that one.

Way out here in the country we never complain about rain, no matter what form it takes or when. I imagine the cattle got a little spooked by the sudden outburst from above. I looked outside and saw many of them peering out from inside their shelter, little dots of green lit eyeballs staring back at my light in the darkness. And the rain continues, a long soaking rain...perhaps a Christmas present for the land, and a very welcome one at that!

Merry Christmas all!

P.S. I did eventually manage to find the two aerobat's. The ACD had managed to wedge himself all the way under the middle of the king sized bed (he's not much for thunder), safe from the dangerous assault from above. The Australian Shepard who'd launched off the bed was just more startled than anything. He was just sitting there wagging his tale as if to say..."hey, didn't scare me none!". Yeah, right!

May you all have a wonderful, safe and Merry Christmas!

With the sincerest of wishes,

FCD.

edit on 12/25/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Haha, I thought this thread was going to be about holiday pyrotechnics, but aerobatic dogs are better.

Merry Christmas to you and your dogs.

Warm regards,
SV

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lol,what a wake up.

I got woke up the usual way. My husband screaming like the hounds of hell were after him. Nope, one small siamese cat with claws inserted when he didn't make room under the covers. You'd think he would learn.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎅

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Merry Christmas! ....I thought you were going to say it was a meteorite that woke you! ....just woke up myself . Was up late ( 4 am) cleaning and decorating, haven't had much time to do any of that until now, as my business is holiday related and slammed me right up until the last minute. It is sunny and 79 here....the palm trees are waving slightly in a mild breeze....all is calm here .....enjoy your day and I hope Santa brought your puppies a present !
edit on 25-12-2016 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I enjoy reading everything you write.

We get the wind and rain tomorrow, probably arriving from where you are.

Actually there was a big lightning storm this morning, according to the news and I slept through it.

edit on 25-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Up here in northern Saskatchewan we awoke to a fresh blanket of snow and -20C, the pups are like, "nope" when I shoved them out for a pee. They also go insane during thunder storms, funniest thing to watch.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to you as well, and I may be a weirdo, but that sounds beautiful lol. Nothing like a powerful thunderstorm I say. I could sit and watch the rain fall for hours.

Peace.

join