It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just hit me suddenly, about modern Royalty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I agree with all of what you say, I would just add that politicians never really have had that much say in the day to day running of the UK. Ministers rarely stay in their positions for a sufficient length of time to affect any real change. Civil Servants always have, and always will be the ones that direct the UK's foreign and domestic policy. They are known as Permanent Secretaries for a very good reason, and the power brokers you referred to are well aware of this fact, and have long since taken the necessary steps to insure the compliance of those who actually matter. If you have never seen Yes Minister I recommend you watch every episode, it is a documentary very cleverly disguised as satire.

a reply to: LumenImagoDei

I get that people are doing their job. It's not my job to figure it out. My job has always been to teach, and without learning. My inheritance has been paid in wisdom, space, and time. I am the oldest living thing, a physical force dating pre-stone. I hung Ursa Major and measured all things undivided while standing on the ground. I have been entrusted with the glory of creation, the foundations of the earth, secured it's balance and it's boundaries have no limits. We create at will on earth as god creates. I'm proud vain frivolous man void of knowledge and understanding possessing, though the wisdom to set the order of the ages.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spectranometron

I agree with all of what you say, I would just add that politicians never really have had that much say in the day to day running of the UK. Ministers rarely stay in their positions for a sufficient length of time to affect any real change. Civil Servants always have, and always will be the ones that direct the UK's foreign and domestic policy. They are known as Permanent Secretaries for a very good reason, and the power brokers you referred to are well aware of this fact, and have long since taken the necessary steps to insure the compliance of those who actually matter. If you have never seen Yes Minister I recommend you watch every episode, it is a documentary very cleverly disguised as satire.

I get that people are doing their job. It's not my job to figure it out. My job has always been to teach, and without learning. My inheritance has been paid in wisdom, space, and time. I am the oldest living thing, a physical force dating pre-stone. I hung Ursa Major and measured all things undivided while standing on the ground. I have been entrusted with the glory of creation, the foundations of the earth, secured it's balance and it's boundaries have no limits. We create at will on earth as god creates. I'm proud vain frivolous man void of knowledge and understanding possessing, though the wisdom to set the order of the ages.

Well that's certainly profound. I will study it until the light of relevance explodes in my face.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: spectranometron

Well that's certainly profound. I will study it until the light of relevance explodes in my face.
it's what we're here for. Your free to do what you want. Expansion of creation would be nice. In other words pay your rent.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: MissingRUnext

In a mental flash I understood why British royal family allowed British government and political parties to develop

Rather than relying on a mental flash you should look into our recorded history ,the British royal family have no constitutional power ,they don't rule although they do profit from their position.

Ah recorded history that reliable old chestnut

No chestnuts just vellum parchments from the past , our history has been documented and stored for centuries.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

actual history or is it the winning sides version of it?...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actual history , both sides as it's internal British history.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Actual history , both sides as it's internal British history.

So both sides as in the ruling class and the peasant class ?....The peasants had no say in how history was written, most could not even read or write ! so i am not sure i follow your thinking...

edit on 26-12-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

In relation to this thread the beginning of the end for the power of the Royal Families started with the Civil War between the Parliamentarians and Royalist , the Parliamentarians won but both sides of the story are available.
History doesn't have to be written by peasants to be true.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

True, i guess i was thinking from a point of view that the masses generally see life differently to the ruling class ...

The history is accurate from the point of view of the ruling class writing the history not from the perspective of the many ...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

a reply to: MissingRUnext

In a mental flash I understood why British royal family allowed British government and political parties to develop

Rather than relying on a mental flash you should look into our recorded history ,the British royal family have no constitutional power ,they don't rule although they do profit from their position.

You're literally correct in your assertion that they do not rule. But you left out a very important word in that sentence. To be really accurate and not just correct, it would be better stated that "they don't rule *directly"...

Indirectly and behind the scenes the royal family has ENORMOUS influence in the running of the UK. I don't think it can be overstated as to the amount of influence the Royal family has. Much of it comes from the UK citizens themselves - they absolutely love their royals. And barring any monstrous scandal, they probably always will.
edit on 12/26/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Indirectly and behind the scenes the royal family has ENORMOUS influence in the running of the UK.

I disagree , their thoughts and opinions may be listened to but they have no power to shape government thinking , the most vociferate advocate in the Royal Family is Charles who tends to write letters to government ministers usually expressing his views on the environment and rural issues but I don't believe he or the Queen have any power over policy , they are little more than figureheads.

About 60% of Brits love the Monarchy the rest of us would be happy to see them go when the Queen passes.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Royalties in Europe are a feudal left-over and manufacturers of ideologies such as Nazism or communism. For them, a final solution is necessary.

<< 1  2   >>

join