It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian military plane disappears from radar after takeoff near Sochi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

edit on 12/25/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/25/2016 by Zaphod58 because: Post this was in response to was removed

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

So when they crashed 8 aircraft in 8 weeks, due to maintenance failures, they were faking it to fool people.

Got it.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Another tragic and completely avoidable incident.

Looks like we have another emp from planet X..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just no.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Davg80

It has been said the Russians often pretend their equipment is crude, worn out, and badly maintained. People fall for it over and over. That could be a reason for faking it.

Riiiiiight. Great strategy. Rivals will really fear you then, huh?

Or maybe they have a GDP slight better than Mexicos, yet are attempting to oppose the #1 military in the world stage? It's no surprise they have to cut corners, and in typical Soviet fashion, maintenence gets the back seat.

I guess those 8 planes downed in 8 weeks were all deliberately staged to make them look bad? Huh?
edit on 25-12-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not smarter. Just right about gung ho RAF pilots who deliberately traumatised traveller children by flying extra low over traveller sites like Shaftestbury Drove. Those children never recovered from the trauma. Now they are adults. Think about it. Pilots of that nature are scum. Like the Shoreham killer.

The data was available. I was beneath it. I ran to clamp my hands over children's ears when I saw those scum approaching. We who chose not to fly in those machines know how destroyed a child's life can be in seconds. Just for a laugh.
edit on 25 12 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Not fear you. Expect little resistance from you. Then the gloves come off. It's a Russian speciality that is worth paying attention to.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The data was not available. An eyewitness account is not the complete picture as much as you think it is. The data comes from many sources, and slowly. That's why they call it "the big picture". You don't hear one report and instantly decide you know the answer. Why do you think the average crash report takes a year to two years to finalize. Because the data doesn't come from one source.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yeah and you are far more qualified than Zaph to make these kind of calls. SMH!

ETA:
S&F to Zaph because.....
edit on 12/25/2016 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/25/2016 by Kukri because: fat fingers

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Was he doing a private show for high paying customers situated near the road? Seems more likely than not. I saw what he did and I saw those scum RAF pilots cause permanent mental damage to tiny traveller children, for kicks. But that's for a different thread.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The Tu-154 aircraft has been involved in a number of accidents in the past.

Do you agree that the number of accidents is accounted for mainly by use in extreme conditions and incidents not relevant to the type of aircraft? Or are you going to push the Russians can't do maintenance line? Seems like that was all gone over with the Polish crash.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Another tragic and completely avoidable incident.

Looks like we have another emp from planet X..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually, this reminds me. Wasn't there supposed to be a large solar storm on its way and due to hit us around Christmas?
Perhaps the storm played a role here!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

We have to remember you were 100% wrong about Shoreham. Not much of a success rate. Your opinion on aircraft related matters should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

This is almost as ridiculous as EndOfDays777 blaming it on an EMP from NibiruPLanetXYZ..

Seems about right for an "awakened mind " though..Something happens 99 times , ignore it, something happens 1 time and it becomes fact..Zaph has a proven track record of being right on his thoughts around aircraft scenarios.. If he was wrong once then he was wrong once..You saying to take his opinion with a grain of salt based on that 1 time you listed where he was wrong is everything I find wrong with numerologists, paranormal and conspiracy theorists.

As for the OP, complex machines break well enough on their own, factor in variables like human error or negligence then it becomes even more common. Maybe more information comes out to indicate this was something more nefarious but just the fact that a plane crashed shouldn't automatically result in conspiracy theories.

edit on 25-12-2016 by opethPA because: spelling fix

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And eyewitnesses aren't the be all, end all of investigations. That's why there is more than one source of data. So you can claim that you know all, when it comes to that accident, but until ALL the data was in, you didn't.

The Russians can do maintenance, but they have problems with it at times. You can call it crap all you want, but it's the truth. In 2015, the Russian Air Force lost multiple aircraft all due to maintenance issues. In 2016, they've lost several aircraft due to maintenance issues. The conditions they fly in play a role, but they seem to fly in those conditions with no problems, before suddenly losing a rash of aircraft, all related to technical problems, then everything goes back to normal.

No one, including me, has said they can't do maintenance. There's a huge difference between occasionally having maintenance problems, which is a proven fact, and not being able to do maintenance. If they weren't able to do maintenance, they'd lose all their aircraft. They haven't, so obviously they can do maintenance. Russian aircraft have always had reliability issues, especially with their engines and other systems. Between production problems they have had, especially in recent years, and the reliability and maintenance issues they've had, they lose aircraft.

As for the Tu-154, it was first flown in 1968, and has only suffered 39 accidents since then. Many have been pilot error, and not all were Russian obviously. But it's far to soon to say it was the aircraft, or it couldn't have been the aircraft.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Damn, what a sad news this is.

I remember listening live to Alexandrov ensemble many times when they performed. They were absolutely magnificent and their music is their legacy to us.

Very sad..

Judging by my statistics, from 2000 to now, over 800 people have been killed in Tu-154 plane crashes which is unacceptable. Something needed to be changed 16 years ago, not really sure what's the correct move now
edit on 707k2016Sundaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There's a video on Twitter, that purports to show a brief flash of light from where the aircraft was at the time of the crash.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

A lot of the Tu-154s have been replaced with newer aircraft. It's just a matter of finding aircraft that can do the same thing to replace them with.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I really don't have any idea about what percent of the Russian population celebrate this holiday, but for those who do this is a horrible Christmas for so many Russian families. A tragedy like this is beyond comprehension at ANY time, but this time of year makes it even more heart rending.

I hope there are some out there who feel compassion at least towards the families and those close to the deceased....

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I saw them some 25 years ago in Aberdeen, Scotland when they were still known as the Red Army Ensemble. It was their final world tour before the change of name.
I still have a couple of LP's that my father left me, it's how I was introduced to them as a child.

So terribly sad. One of the best concerts I ever attended

Sad Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Audio played by Russian media, that is reported to be between the controllers and pilot show no indications of problems reported by the pilot, prior to the aircraft disappearing.

Comments by another pilot, and descriptions of the debris field may indicate that the aircraft exploded in mid-air. The debris field, including large components are reported to cover several kilometers.

Weather at the time was reported good, with no storms in the area. The aircraft underwent maintenance in September, with more substantial maintenance in December of 2014.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Does that mean it 'exploded'?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Possibly. There could be many reasons why it did, but usually when there are large pieces scattered over a large area, the aircraft broke up in flight before hitting the ground, or in this case, water. I haven't seen an official description of the debris field to get an idea of how big it is, and what pieces were found where yet though, to get a good feel for if it broke up in flight, or on impact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join