It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priyanka Chopra faced racism in Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

She was a "victim" not in the studio, but at the airport. She was sitting in first class lounge when a ground staff worker was rude to her. The worker told her she was in the wrong place, she argued that she was a first class passenger and he apologized.

Priyanka in the show revealed how she faced racism in Hollywood and also narrated a distasteful incident about the same, “When KJo asked her if she faced racism she admitted that she did, but not in studios. She shared that it was at the airport when she was sitting in the lounge for first class passengers that she was a victim. One of the ground staff personnel was rude to her telling that she was sitting in the wrong place.Only after she argued that she was a valid first class passenger, did he apologies,” reported by source.
english.newstracklive.com...

Text
edit on Sun Dec 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edited

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

She was a "victim" not in the studio, but at the airport. She was sitting in first class lounge when a ground staff worker was rude to her. The worker told her she was in the wrong place, she argued that she was a first class passenger and he apologized.

Priyanka in the show revealed how she faced racism in Hollywood and also narrated a distasteful incident about the same, “When KJo asked her if she faced racism she admitted that she did, but not in studios. She shared that it was at the airport when she was sitting in the lounge for first class passengers that she was a victim. One of the ground staff personnel was rude to her telling that she was sitting in the wrong place.Only after she argued that she was a valid first class passenger, did he apologies,” reported by source.

Text

So where was the part when somebody was racist to her?

From what I can see, somebody made a mistake and thought she wasn't a first class ticket holder....

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Did she report him to the proper authority? Or does she expect that SJW around on social media he wont see hoping it will change his perspective?

This kinda crap is wrong, the dude is racist if he did state that because of the color of your skin. What lead her to believe it was because the color of her skin, her existance? or did she have indicators or a clear statement. It is individual racism though and shouldn't been seen as the popularly pushed systemic issue. If True. Gotta question it though because as the law says, innocent till proven guilty... plus the obvious push by a minority of nonwhites to frame whites for racism which is spoken LOUDLY of and the endless lying to us by big and small media alike about racism.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2016 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

She is the victim. Some one was rude, you just don't understand. This is micro racism.
edit on 24-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Her complexion is very "white", I fail to see the rub.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Her complexion is very "white", I fail to see the rub.

Ah another one of those people who believes the world is out to get non whites so they portray any actions of whites to be that of a racial matter created by the whites.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The story did not mention the "color" of the "rude" worker. Having traveled before, she was being treated like the rest of the traveling public.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So she was in a first class lounge, somebody said she wasn't supposed to be there, she proved she was... and this makes news???

treated rudely? I have no idea of her but would not doubt scores of her "underlings" might be able to tell tales of her treating people rudely.

Hypothetically, if some less than well dressed man, flying stand-by to get home to his family had wandered in there... you think she would...

A... exchange her first class ticket for his

or

B... scream at the doorman for not checking if this man belonged in the lounge.

edit on 24-12-2016 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
boohoo is me

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
B, and any media attention is good attention.

reply to: tinner07

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've been in places that I was told I couldn't afford that - like the purchase of a new vehicle. Just because I didn't "look" like I had any money (torn jeans🙄).

I then bought from a different car lot. Had that type of service in stores and restaurants as well.

Not racist, I'm blonde with blue eyes.
Just people being judgemental.

(post by suvorov removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

True, we are visual creatures.

Try as hard as we want, our eyes still deliver info, and our life experiences can twist reality.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Years ago, with that sort of treatment, being totally ignored in a restaurant, for about half an hour, my then boyfriend dealt with it by yelling out " what am I, black?"

He was wearing his work clothes (construction), so I guess he looked poor. They must have been afraid to kick out the vagabond lookalike. Lol.

That got their attention.
We were promptly finally served.
edit on 24-12-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I think that if I thought some one wasn't serving me because of my race, I would ask. But not at a restaurant, bad things happen to "rude" customer's food.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

So where was the part when somebody was racist to her?

From what I can see, somebody made a mistake and thought she wasn't a first class ticket holder....

Right. It's a simple mistake. Anybody can make that error.

What on earth made him think she didn't belong there?

Maybe he thought there were no first class passengers scheduled to take a flight at that time.

Was she just too early in the lounge?

Was she too late? Missed her flight, and didn't realize all other first class passengers had already boarded and left?

What was the "clue" that the ground staff used to form that "opinion" that she shouldn't be there?

If we knew that, we could have a better understanding of what happened.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Did she state which airline caused this incident? Did she report this any to superior? Did she make a police report of any kind? None of which exists is proof of any racism. She probably going to twatter in a few months and state it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
people have become morons, they don`t even know what the word racist means anymore.

When I hear the word racism I just automatically assume that the situation had nothing to do with racism.

top topics

join