It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Strange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I watched this last night,

It's a pretty decent movie, I enjoyed this one!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes its pretty good, the visual effects had to be this good for this movie otherwise it would'nt have done it justice. Perhaps thats why they (Marvel) waited deliberately for this reason.

One tiny gripe: i prefer actors to use their native accents in movies so i didnt like Benedict having an american accent - theres MORE than plenty american actors that could have done this as well as he did and no forced accent necessary. But still, great movie.

Definitely buying on blue ray or UHD!!! (dont even bother on dvd just not enough detail)

edit on b0000435 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I have a Blueray, the power house of a machine they use to create these graphics are what I dream of owning someday, of course I can dream can't I.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It rocked! I saw it about a week ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I liked Benedict with an American accent and he was spot on!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I really liked him in this movie, He was Awesome, his acting was perfect, and his accent as well.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Great movie.

Loved it!

i prefer actors to use their native accents in movies so i didnt like Benedict having an american accent - theres MORE than plenty american actors that could have done this as well as he did and no forced accent necessary.

I'm torn on this one. Have you seen Miss Peregrine? British/Irish actors playing American characters. They do a good job of it. Did they need to be American when US actors could have done it too?

Same with Doc Strange. Would the whole narrative change if Cumberbach spoke in his native tongue or would we be thinking 'Sherlock?' I guess it's a chance for actors to show how flexible and 'actorly' they can be.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Benedict's acting skills came out superb with this one, Mads Mikkelsen is another of my favorites.

And I agree, I think it's great seeing UK actors playing these kinds of characters, they bring out something different that perhaps, American actors don't always have.

Tilda Swinton for example has played many roles where the accent was dropped, such as in the movie Constantine.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The movie was just ok.
Much better than the superman movies.
Not as good as dead pool or guardians of the Galaxy.

The villain was a generic and the big bad was to easy to beat.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Guardians was ok. I haven't seen dead pool yet. Was it any good?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Dead pool was excellent.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Dead pool was excellent.

Great, i'll have to watch that one next.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I don't know if you guys caught the metaphor in the very beginning of the movie with the surgery he performed. He removed a bullet from the medulla of a brain. It was supposed to represent decalcifying the pineal gland. Kinda like shaking off the lead from the third eye.

edit on 24-12-2016 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Have you heard Cabin Pressure? You like your UK comedy and this is a great one imo. Cumberbatch has one of the main roles

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Geki09

I don't know if you guys caught the metaphor in the very beginning of the movie with the surgery he performed. He removed a bullet from the medulla of a brain. It was supposed to represent decalcifying the pineal gland. Kinda like shaking of the lead from the third eye.

Good catch
Now I'll have to rewatch that part. I liked the concept of this movie. I believe in the philosophy that Anything is Possible and they opened the possibility their viewers. The world needs more of that kind of Imagination. Its empowering to the Human spirit.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Have you heard Cabin Pressure? You like your UK comedy and this is a great one imo. Cumberbatch has one of the main roles

Yes I do lol. This looks quite good I haven't heard of this one, but I would love to listen. Radio shows I've always enjoyed as well. What I'm beginning to like about that guy is that he's very good at his roles, he really gets into his part and plays the characters so well.

Thank you for that!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I thought it was well done.

Action was good. Story was interesting. Visuals were very good. And there was a touch of humor in the right places.

All in all. Worth the watch.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I thought it was well done.

Action was good. Story was interesting. Visuals were very good. And there was a touch of humor in the right places.

All in all. Worth the watch.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Good Movie!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladystar

It was one of the best I've seen in some time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join