It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California man fights DUI charge for driving under influence of caffeine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: 727Sky

Next thing you know cops will be parked outside AA meetings.

Unfortunately the joke is usually on us an will cost a small fortune unless you just lay down and let them walk all over you.

Half the cops I know are parked there because they are attending.

Just saying...

Throw in a couple lawyers. One more edit and I'm done.

So a cop and two lawyers walk into an AA meeting....

This is a joke begging for a finish

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Malicious prosecution and wrongful arrest.

Damn straight i'd sue. In a heartbeat. That is, unless there is a definition of what "caffeine intoxication" entails from a legal standpoint.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The DA is moving forward with prosecution saying that the man was on something that was not on the test which he passed all tests in his blood test because he was combative. One of the reasons why he may have been combative is excessive cortisol levels produced by his caffeine consumption. Excessive cortisol levels, the stress hormone can cause behavioral problems.

The found workout powders containing caffeine in his car.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sounds like he cut the woman off and she's trying for a sort of hyper-mopery charge to teach him a lesson.

It would be nice if he could counter-sue after the prosecution fails to make a case, and take the proceeds either from the officer directly or from their 'equitable sharing' fund instead of the taxpayer.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In Arizona - - Driving Under Influence - - means exactly that.

Does not matter what it is - - if an officer feels you are impaired - - that's all it takes.

Too tired, cough syrup, coffee - - doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
In Arizona - - Driving Under Influence - - means exactly that.

Does not matter what it is - - if an officer feels you are impaired - - that's all it takes.

Too tired, cough syrup, coffee - - doesn't matter.

Abuse can cause natural reactions of violence in response to the abuse. And yet this country continues to allow religions which threaten people. I was personally threatened with abduction by Salt Lake City Mormons for asking polite questions about Brigham Youngs comments about 6 foot tall men on the moon dressed like Quakers in a late 1800's Mormon publication called the Young Womens Journal.

Legally you can use DEADLY FORCE to prevent abduction of your person.

Would that be under the influence.

Technically if a product can cause behavioral problems which caffeine can. The PRODUCT LABEL should state so. It does not.

Case closed. # this district attorney. If she wants justice take the product distributor to court and have them relabel their product.
edit on 28-12-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

You sound like you're getting angry at me.

I'm just stating fact.

In Arizona - - "Under Influence" - - means exactly that.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is hypocritical when Washington state Sheriffs department actually sponsors free coffee at the public rest areas next to the interstate highways.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
This is hypocritical when Washington state Sheriffs department actually sponsors free coffee at the public rest areas next to the interstate highways.

Concentrated caffeine products are not coffee.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

Concentrated caffeine products are not coffee.

It is the way they serve it in Washington State!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Miracula2

You sound like you're getting angry at me.

Yes. You're justifying the DA moving forward with prosecuting this guy. Which if he was consuming a product that had a label that indicated that its use can cause aggressive behavior than prosecuting him would be understandable.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, as a resident of Arizona, I can say that you're misrepresenting the law. First of all, it is called impairment to the slightest degree. Second of all, all DUI offenses in Arizona receive that A1 charge, while the A2 charge( blood alcohol content ) depends upon the limit. Slightest degree charges are almost never pursued if a blood test comes back lower than the legal BAC limit and there are no controlled substances present. The burden of proof is too great. So yes, the police in Arizona can arrest you for that, but prosecution is highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I never said anything about prosecuting.

Fact is though, they can.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Arizonaguy

I never said anything about prosecuting.

Fact is though, they can.

For what? The FDA failing to do its job to protect consumers and require proper labeling of caffeine products so this guy will know that the legal product they found in his car can cause aggressive behaviors.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Caffeine increases cortisol (stress hormone) levels in the body.

caffeine and cortisol

Raise cortisol levels causes behavior problems.

Cortisol and behavioral problems

But the FDA doesn't require producers or distributor to inform their customers, like this guy who the DA is going after.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join