It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 costs Coming down, Personal Guarantee From Lockheed Martin CEO-All after Trump meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Perhaps there has been some blank checks that have been allowed for the Military Industrial Complex. We will see if this sort of oversight can indeed bring the costs down.

And there lies the problem, with the 3 planes possibly costing 1,000,000,000$, Trump could see that the there needs to be some leadership and stewardship with taxpayers money.

Depending on its specifications, a single plane costs up to $337 million.

Lockheed's CEO said she would work hard to lower the cost, this is after Trump tweeted he might cancel the project for a cheaper comparable jet from Boeing.

theweek.com...
Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson promised Friday she would work to lower costs of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter after meeting with President-elect Donald Trump, who one day earlier tweeted that he might cancel the project in favor of a cheaper, comparable jet from Boeing.

The CEO gave Trump her "personal commitment to drive costs down".

"I've heard [Trump's] message loud and clear about reducing the cost of the F-35," Hewson said. "I gave him my personal commitment to drive the cost down aggressively."

edit on 24-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So basically two meaningless pr moves.

One from trump one from the ceo.

The process of bidding planes and all the parts is a little different than buying beds for hotels.

Here is a brief explanation of the process. I will forward it to trump as well.

www.sba.gov...
edit on 24-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

We will see, with the costs of the project and cost over runs, there needs to be some fiscal responsibility.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This is a double thread, already listed. Please go to www.abovetopsecret.com... to post any responses to the subject. Thanks

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I agree but when you invent new technology things go wrong. The space program during kennedy was shoveled money to make it happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'd just expect that yes the initial purchase price might be reduced but all the maintenance costs will go up so really over the 40 years or so of the lifespan on the plane theres zero difference...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That thread appears to be closed

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not sure why they did that, the other thread is slightly different...

Here is the other other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
a reply to: Maxatoria
Maybe, there is alot of things I don't know about this subject other than I get sick when I hear the $ amount. And not just this, look at the super aircraft carriers.

link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
I'd just expect that yes the initial purchase price might be reduced but all the maintenance costs will go up so really over the 40 years or so of the lifespan on the plane theres zero difference...

There is that, and the fact that it's just tweeting pr stuff and doesn't relate to anything official.

To boot, it's already doing better.

Trump is doing all this before he gets put in office because the billionaires are going to probably fail when it comes time to actually trying to follow the system where they are not the ceo. There are entire processes involved in any of these topics that Trump and his bous can't just surpass.

I am a conservative, but one who lives on earth and has listened to this kind of crap from the usual suspects who end up deficit spending.

If congress could freeze spending just once. I would be more optimistic about any of this pr stuff.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Huh, OK

Well let's discuss.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It's near impossible to compare though since its so different and cutting edge.

Like comparing a 357 revolver to something like a glock 26, both can be concealed, both shoot bullets but then the similarities quickly begin to disappear.
edit on 24-12-2016 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I apreciate your posts I don't want you to think I am after you or anything. I just think people like Rand Paul are the only conservatives left.

Budget after budget goes over. We can't even freeze spending, never mind make cuts.

The president can have an effect on foriegn aid.

How about we stop sending money to human rights violaters in the billions. Someone like Rand worked with AL Frankin to stop nearly 2 billion worth of arms to Saudia Arabia.

Maybe we need to ask the parties to stop having their main purpose and ideology be to undermine the other party.
edit on 24-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

But a 357 and glock are the same cost, and after ordering Glock doesn't ask for 20% more.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Lobbying is a main reason these shenanigans are so profitable. There is a broken system, will Trump cure it, nope. He can try, maybe there will be an effort to cap sending under his 8 year stay.

I'm no snow flake, be honest and even pointed if you want, I love a good holiday debate. thanks

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Here is the other other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join