It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Christmas ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

It's good that the kiddo has an ally there, in you! You might not ever know what a huge positive difference you make in his life just by being the one person at that Christmas gathering who treats him as part of the family. Good on ya!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is so sad, people can be such primitive animals sometimes. My blood is boiling right now, how can someone do that to an innocent child, their own child?

My life partner comes from a family like this; I cannot explain to which extent the damage done to him and his brother is affecting them even today, their relationship and their self esteem.

My own family from my mother side was like this too. My mother was always treated like dirt because she was the child from a previous marriage, she didn't "succeed" like they did and ended up divorced with a child (me). When I was about 14 y/o I remember leaving after a such "familial" reunion (could have been Christmas, I don't recall exactly) and feeling so bad about how they treated my mom, and by extension me that I decided I don't need a family like this. I told my mother "this is the last time I ever come to see these people", and that was indeed my last contact with all of them up until today when I'm 45. She kept in touch with them all this time, they always send hi and ask about me, there where weddings and births and funerals which my mother attended and tried to drag me into also but I never looked back and today I can hardly remember them. I don't need people who treat me like dirt only because they call themselves "my family".

But I could do that because I had the family from my father's side, especially the grandparents who were very kind and loving and honest people, they gave me enough love and support by that age that I could discern bad behavior for what it was. When a child has no one to love him and support him truly he will take that bad behavior as something he deserves and will be marked by it for the rest of his life.

I wish I could extend my arms and hug all those kids who feel unloved and unworthy and neglected by their families; there are so many of them out there. I wish people will stop being so damn...stupid and primitive with other people.

edit on 24-12-2016 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join