It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh c'mon already 2016. Mercy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well, sure has been a banner year for my family. And the icing on the cake, our vehicle was stolen last night. Out of our own f#&$;$ driveway. I'm usually the positive one, even after all the garbage this year has flung at me. I've stayed cool. Stayed optimistic. Last night was the straw that broke the camels back. I just can't do this anymore.

Tweakers man. . .

Anyways, I'm gonna slam about a million beers and try to assemble christmas presents. . .

Merry F#$:mas fellow members.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Merry Christmas and here's really hoping for a kinder, gentler 2017.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

I'm so sorry that happened to you, that's truly awful. Still, you have (I hope) your health and your family's health and you can still, with some determination enjoy your holiday. I hope you're able to, you'll never get today back.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Buckle up. Usually it gets darker before the dawn.

2017 will be hell.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry for you loss, I do understand. This has been a crap year for me, to many things to list. Raise a cold one to a new year of hope, stay positive and find Christmas in a child's eye.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

2017 will be hell.

With the current cluster _______ on the horizion... 2016 will be the "good ole days"

I used to be disappointed that I never had kids...Now i'm glad.
edit on 24-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Me too! what cluster are you looking forward to? Economy? Or violence? I think we'll get the full package.

(Also when I saw you replied to me, I thought you'd scold me for saying "buckle up" to someone who just lost his car... very insensitive. Sorry, OP)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

if im ever terminal with something i will create the bait car of all bait cars. almost nothing worse than a dirty thief.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
First the economy will tank, then the established pattern will be instituted with a yuggggeeee expansion of the war on terror to kickstart the economy. Business as usual....theres also a negative side.

Merry Christmas!!
edit on 24-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I know the feeling. My car was stolen out of my own driveway in I think, 2004. In one of the most safe neighborhoods in the country. I actually tripped expecting a car to be in front of me, walking out the side door going to work. There are really no words to explain the feeling of shock, loss and physical diziness as you expect a 5,000 lb object to be in front of you- and finding empty space.

I spent weeks looking for it. In an old car lent by a friend of my mother's. I hoped kids took it for a joyride. Eventually, it was spotted by a random tow truck driver, parked and partially stripped in a bad neighborhood. He went through the glove box and called me. He didn't charge me a dime, though he may have charged my insurance, I can't recall.

Have some beers. Someone will find it. Maybe it was just kids on a joyride.

It's a car, not a person, if you are looking for an upside. Happy holidays, feel better

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

2017 will be hell.

Well, that was helpful lol

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

2017 will be hell.

With the current cluster _______ on the horizion... 2016 will be the "good ole days"

I used to be disappointed that I never had kids...Now i'm glad.

OMG. people have glass 3/4 empty today. Put on some music. Make outrageously expensive art.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Right? Keep your bad juju away from 2017 FFS! Positive thinking people!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Find a friend with a limo-like I did-awful 2016, healthwise etc. Plan on being really bad tonite and don't plan on remembering it tomorrow. My "kids" are grown so I can do whatever I want. And I will.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear you've had a ringer year. We were there a couple years or so ago.

I sprained the hell out of my ankle literally on my last trip out to the car to leave to go visit family for Christmas, so we were stuck driving all over looking for an urgent care clinic and ended up at the ER on our way out of town! Turned up for Christmas dinner on crutches.

Our furnace and oven both quit that year. The furnace when our son was sicker than a dog with the stomach flu.

Both our cars dropped their transmissions while we were trying to lay away the down payment to replace one. So we ended up spending the downpayment to fix one and replacing the other anyhow with no downpayment.

And two of my relatives died: one to cancer and the other was hit by a truck while getting ready to go on a bike ride and likely was dead before she hit the street again.

So yeah, I can relate to years that put you through the ringer and I am sorry to hear this has been your test of fire. I hope you hang on and make it through. At times like these, about the only thing you can do is count your blessings and realize that it can always be worse. Really. It can; be thankful it's not.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks. I do enjoy painting, but have lost my motivation this year!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks everybody. I still try to remain humble. We could be so much worse off but cmon! We are really good people. Selfless and kind and never quick to judge. This year has just been outrageous!

Thanks for the kind words. I've got a good buzz going so that's helping.

With this luck youd think I was Hitler in a past life!
edit on 24-12-2016 by denybedoomed because: Bleh

join