It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky things that people eat and drink?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mamabeth
We are all in good company.

Speak for yourself. I am about the lowest lowlife you could ever encounter.

I aspire to your deviance. I see these thread as practice for the day you die and I take over.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Aziz Ansari used to do a bit about a room-mate who drank the brine out out of tuna cans. Olives and brine sounds nasty! Not sure which which is worse tuna brine or olives brine?

Have you heard of the Scandinavian atrocity in a can - rancid herring/Surströmming. Apparently it's up there as one of the worst-smelling and sickening tastes in the world. YT has scores of videos and I haven't seen one person keep that muck down. Bleurgh, bleurgh and an upchuck.

The only thing I can think of for myself is Iberian pig cheeks. They serve it on the Catalan coast of Spain and it's tasty stuff as long as you don't allow yourself to consider what the hell it is. Man, if you flip it, it's a bristly eyesore that makes me feel gippy.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We are all in good company.

Speak for yourself. I am about the lowest lowlife you could ever encounter.

Wrong, you can't be the lowest lowlife you're not my ex-husband!

edit on 24-12-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

"Yeah, let's eat that!" (??????)

Along those lines are the things that are super poisonous unless prepared just right.

Things like Ackee. How many people either died or got deathly ill because they were desperate enough to try eating it until someone finally figured out that ... hey! it didn't nearly kill me this time ... Now, how on earth did I manage that?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I will admit that I do occasionally like to steal some of the brine out of olive cans. I have also taken a bit out of the pickle jar. And I also like the leftover salt at the bottom of the pretzel bag.

I am a complete saltaholic.

We are having chicken hearts for supper tonight. I'm a sucker for heart from just about anything.

I like most forms of fish egg.

I also have a serious fetish for the local hog maw tacos (that's pig stomach). I also like the lengua too (beef tongue).

I've been known to indulge in monk fish liver.

And ... the very worst offense of all ... I LIKE fruitcake, enough that I make my own every year.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or, what's it called...Fugu? (poisonous blowfish)

"Hey, look at this funny lookin' fish...let's eat it!"

(THUD)...(THUD)

"Hey, isn't that the fish that Fred and Bill ate right before they keeled over DEAD as a doornail???"

"Yep, sure is...let's eat it!"

(THUD)

"Hey, well I didn't die, whaddya' know!....this is great fish I'm gonna' recommend it to all my friends"

"Hey Larry, c'mon over here and try some of this yummy fish!"

(THUD)

"Larry????"

"Hmmmm...best fish in the world...don't care what anybody says!!" (nom, nom...nom)

(THUD)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Toasted peanut butter and dill pickle sammiches. I'm about to make one here in a bit, actually. Sometimes I put cheddar on them too. No one ever steals my lunch.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Avian embryos and the smoked belly fat of the sus even toed undulates.

Bacon and Eggs!! Ho, ho, your a crafty bugger ye are... a crafty bugger indeed!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Toasted peanut butter and dill pickle sammiches. I'm about to make one here in a bit, actually. Sometimes I put cheddar on them too. No one ever steals my lunch.

Organic real peanut butter, from a glass jar..you have to mix the oil.. what if... you used those sweet and sour bread and butter pickles? On a nice big everything bagel, toasted and each side, well buttered. Or is that too weird?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

...you're not my ex-husband!

You sure?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
Kerect !!!
Give the man a kewpie doll.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

I know. I never knew I even liked pork until I learned how to cook. I was served shrunken shriveled pork chops that my mother tried to make palatable by coating in bread crumbs.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Does anyone else have an odd and freaky eating thing that everyone else baulks at?

Eating raw potato's.

Two slices of bread with potato chips with some ketchup.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
I love pickle juice!!! and Haggis!!! two of my favourite things. While in Japan, I was given whale to try, did not like it, it was like eating a fish flavoured sponge, yuck
I just bought a single pickle from 7/11 just for the pickle juice about two hours ago. Only ate about 1/4 of the pickle then tossed it. I have also mixed lemon or lime juice with hot sauce... If I knew it wasn't bad for me and gave me extreme heartburn, I'd probably rotate daily drinking a gallon of one of these: 1)pickle juice, 2)lemon or lime juice, 3)lemon or lime juice mixed with hot sauce or pickled pepper juice... heh
edit on 27/12/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Aziz Ansari used to do a bit about a room-mate who drank the brine out out of tuna cans. Olives and brine sounds nasty! Not sure which which is worse tuna brine or olives brine?

Have you heard of the Scandinavian atrocity in a can - rancid herring/Surströmming. Apparently it's up there as one of the worst-smelling and sickening tastes in the world. YT has scores of videos and I haven't seen one person keep that muck down. Bleurgh, bleurgh and an upchuck.

The only thing I can think of for myself is Iberian pig cheeks. They serve it on the Catalan coast of Spain and it's tasty stuff as long as you don't allow yourself to consider what the hell it is. Man, if you flip it, it's a bristly eyesore that makes me feel gippy.
I drink both types of tuna can(in oil and in water)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

My grandmother lover her turkey and ketchup sandwiches, she ate them all the time. Lol!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I've eaten allsorts, from deep fried tarantula and bats, to lizard eggs (in Asia)
Protein is protein.
I couldn't give a # what thing died to create my meal if it tastes okay, and in another thread someone was whining that humans struggle to adapt when they only have 'halal' food or whatever due to evolutionary reasons and compatability with enzymes or whatever...bull# I say, food is food, and 'intolerance' is natural selection for people, just we defy natural selection these days.
Plenty of people probably should die out but modern society saves them lol

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

probably as offensive (in theory thing that could exist in the US) but blooming good bit of food, few carrots/peas and some mash and heaven on a plate.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

It's the Westcountry sauce which nails it
...tears of angels

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How about head cheese. People love head cheese. Hell, I've made headcheese.

And there is always this as well. A family's love for headcheese

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join