It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embrace the moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I tried to understand philosophy, or mostly the aesthetic part but i always failed. It seemed i couldnt grasp the concept,I always felt like I was the retard who didnt understand the subjective view of someones great mind sitting next to me in class.
What i failed to realize, philosophy is the concept of making something complicated universal, to all ears, so they can embrace the love of wisdom of great minds.
I seen so much subjective narratives that fails with bringing a simple message, yet a complicated subjective view on imagination that means nothing to some, yet more than anything to others..
When i sit down with the modern philosophers of today, they embrace words instead of trying fill a sentence, and in the end, they get lost in the maze of nothingness.

A friend of mine bought a fancy house, just a feet from the sea, he is the CEO i think or some important something in computer stuff, ( Feels weird being friends with someone yet never know what they do for a living, when i think about it.. ) yet i always asked him;" Are you happy? " And he always replies;" I dont know. "

So i said to him;" This is great, i can kayak myself over here! " The weekend came, and I had nothing planed, so i took the kayak and paddled myself on a one hour journey and ended up just outside his house and watched the birds fly over his house. I took up my lunchbox, ate, and just watched nature being itself.

A few minutes later he came with his sports car cabriolet and his fancy suite,he saw me and said;" You been here long?" I looked at him, and said;" I dont know, the phone is in my backpack. "

He looked stressed as usual;" I got S#load of work to do" was all he said with a sad face.
I took out the fishing rod and said;" No problem "

Hours passed by, and i wondered if i should crash at his house or paddle myself home,but i caught herring in the loads and thought;" Lets enjoy a meal.. I pulled up the kayak on his plot. Prepared the fish and started cooking on his fancy expensive barbeque grill, when all of a sudden i hear in the background;" Noo, not fish!!! its gonna ruin it! "
I said, " No its not, you finished with your work, yet? "

I saw his face, his work is never finished, all the money, yet no time..yet he always says;" I have a pension plan "

He sat down and said;" Im so tired.. " and he looked at me;" You, you always look so happy, without any worries. Its like you disappear into the animal kingdom, and come out re-freshed, re-newed. You are gone sometimes for months and then suddenly appear. I wish i....." I knew what he meant..

The fish was ready to eat, he took a bite and said;" This was actually good " I pointed just down from his porch and said;" You have a free food, yet no, fishing rod.."

The sun was setting, we sat down both of us, and enjoyed it, not a word. Just watched the sunset in all its glory..

And then he said;" I thought owning a house would make me happy, it was the thought of decorating it, building the fence, laying a new roof..
And the sports car, i wanted to drive in to the sunset..And then you come with a kayak.. I dont know anymore"

I looked at him, and said;" Just embrace the moment instead " And we watched the sun set and i feel a sleep on his porch..

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Give me acceptance and the bounty, I need not to chase dreams. The dream is all around us.

You sound like a good person to be around, nice story

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Are you happy though?

It sounds like you do want to have some of what he has, and he wants to have some of what you are experiencing.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

I believe everything should be embraced somewhere along the middle for the best experience..

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What kind of kayak? I like to paddle mine into the maze of nothingness.

Zen flesh, Zen bones.....
edit on 24-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A K1

Sweden

Norway

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Well, im not sure about that, if you are genuine, im anyones friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Free food and appreciation for the simple things?

Yeah, definitely good in my book. My grill is your grill if you are bringing the food.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Beautiful!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a great life story for this give me, give me, time of the year . The simple life is for me, I have very wealthy family and friends, they have little peace and no spirituality. Me and my dog, chunk of meat, sitting on a dock, heaven! Find God in a child's smile or a full moon. Life is good.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Heya Tikbalang. I went back and read alot of your posts and short story's. I gotta say I'm a fan. Can I ask you a few questions about your stuff?

You have stories with an "Old Man" as your main characters. Who is he supposed to be? I feel like he's someone your trying to send a message to on these boards, or he's some type of demigod that has returned who is struggling with humanity and TPTB. Can you elaborate more on this character?

Also do you practice magic or Mysticism? It seems like you know a lot on the subject and I'd like to learn more.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Geki09

I tried My wings a bit, the old man is a character in a fantasy realm of magic and mysticism.. But I know some magic and mysticism, however I don't practice it..

I believe if you study hard enough, let go of everything you know and just follow a path of common sense, there is a world of beauty..

There is a quote;" The difference between the occultist and the madman is that one of them learned to swim while the other drowned "

I can honestly say 9 out of 10 drowns... Stick around here and learn what people has to offer

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Cool man. Do you mind if I hijack your thread for a little bit? I don't know any other way to communicate with you otherwise?

It's funny you said "wings". Do you believe through magick/Mysticism a person can achieve flight? I know that's a crazy question, but from some stuff I've read up on some mystic talk about forming an energetic torus around their bodies to achieve that effect.

Also do you think people who pursuit magic go mad because they can't handle the visualizations of the Spirit world? Seeing entities and such?

And the last thing. I started a thread yesterday, because I came across a guy who claims he's taking pictures of entities. Can you give me some feedback if you think these entities are authentic?

Here's the link:

Chris Onorato photography
edit on 24-12-2016 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I think the system of magick and mysticism are a contributing factor to the Humanitarian ideals and the concept of humanity, i dont believe its purpose is for a single person.
I think people go mad when they stick to an idea instead of letting go of everything and embrace knowledge with open mind, i believe the philosophical concept of a blank slate is all to real when it comes to some parts of how we live and yet the same concept is what makes people wonder what is truly real..

I believe Chris sees the entities, are they real? For him they are.. He will probably convince some others to see them, and make a sale along with a story..

A spirit entity caught on camera, and then pitch that he wont sell it, " Unless " or " You seem "..

I think those who pursuit magic and go mad, pursued it for the wrong reasons..

edit on 20161225 by tikbalang because: Indy!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Hehe. I feel like you don't want to answer my questions directly. It's cool if you have personal reservations. But I'll still bugger you about whether or not "you" see entities. The reason I ask is because some people who are involved with magic have a better grip on recognizing such things. Plus many magicians confide in communication with spirits and extra dimensionals.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am not allowed to be more open, find happiness with what you do is the best advice i can give...

top topics

join