It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essential Oils, It's Not All About The Chemistry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What can someone do to make tea tree oil smell better? Can you mix another oil with it? Should it be diluted to use on skin?
I love scented oils like orange or tangerine, lavender etc, but rose is sooooo expensive! I have heard that if rose is affordable then it isn't really an essential oil as the company selling it claims that is.
Thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Bedlam

Can you answer any of the questions I asked to instigate a discussion here with like minded folk?
No, I thought not

Rainbows
Jane

can you explain how essential oils are modified by your emotions? No, I thought not too.

And there is no way to make tea tree oil smell like anything but gasoline. On the other hand, it's one of the few things that actually treats people mange. If you want to use it on your face, you'll want to cut it 50/50 with macadamia oil.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Wait wait wait....

Did you just try to compare a Toaster to a Microwave oven to prove your magical vibrations are real?

You do know they function in 2 completely different ways, yes?

If you wanted to prove your point you would need 2 Microwave Ovens with half a bagel in each, with one person directing negative energy into one and a person directing positive flow into the other for your example to work.

No wonder your evidence is so skewed, your experiment has no meaning.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

Did you just try to compare a Toaster to a Microwave oven to prove your magical vibrations are real?

Hmmm...I think that was the whole point.

They both fill the environment with vibrational energy, but in completely different ways, and thus produce completely different results.

Kinda like agitated thinking vs meditative thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

Hmmm...I think that was the whole point.

They both fill the environment with vibrational energy, but in completely different ways, and thus produce completely different results.

Kinda like agitated thinking vs meditative thought.

Except EM is not "vibrational energy" and you can't distinguish types of thought and you don't radiate EM by thinking, it's actually right...wait...your entire statement is bogus.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

How would that prove anything?

You cannot test an experiment on 2 completely different systems and get results, it does not work that way.

If you had 2 of each appliance and cut the bagel into 4 pieces it could work as an experiment that way, but your way is completely invalid and would always 100% lead to the result you desire.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Essential Oils, It's Not All About The Chemistry

As a reminder...the above is the topic.
Members are encouraged to discuss the topic of Essential Oils.
Other topics are better suited for other threads.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sun Dec 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Except EM is not "vibrational energy" and you can't distinguish types of thought and you don't radiate EM by thinking, it's actually right...wait...your entire statement is bogus.

What ?

You mean those EM waves coming from the SUN, don't bring energy with them?

I wonder how solar panels work.

Or, maybe your point was that this EM energy isn't "vibrating".

But then, what on earth did Einstein get a noble price for?

Didn't he get that Nobel for precisely linking "vibration" of EM with "energy", in his famous equation K.E = hv - W ?

Look up Einstein 1905.

The mystics were right. All is vibration.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Hi there.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I love spearmint as an alternative to peppermint in many cases. I've also found clary-sage to be a perfect remedy for migraine.
As to clove. Yes that age old remedy is good for toothache, and as you rightly said is good for numbing the pain, however it doesn't get to the 'root' of the problem, please excuse the pun

I don't have clove in my kit, neither do I encourage my students to have it in theirs. Recently I had really bad toothache, it started on a client Retreat to Spain. The 'root' problem was infact sinus trouble and the flight just made it worse to the point I could not chew, and the tooth had become loose. When I returned to the UK, even though there was an improvement, the dentist just wanted to remove it. Thankfully I disagreed and continued to treat my sinuses. It is no longer painful, a bit wobbly still, but at least I have saved my tooth.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night!
Like you I don't particularly like the smell of Tea-Tree oil either, and the New Zealand versions Manuka and Kanuka are even worse!

There is an alternative to Tea-Tree and clinical trials have found it to be 10 times more effective, it's called Sarro. It's a lovely oil and comes from Madagascar mainly. It has a slight fruity note and is very pleasant.
You can of course mix the Tea-Tree with another oil which not only would help the smell, but would create a synergisic blend which means you have basically created something completely different chemically. Tea-Tree is also one of the few oils that you can use neat on the skin, but only topically and in an emergency...like on a zit/pimple or to stem bleeding in a cut, although lemon oil is better for this as lemon oil is a styptic.

Interesting that you like Sweet Orange. It is what I call the Autumn oil, when decisions have to be made, and you have to clear out the old to make way for the new. Did you know that the Orange tree is the only plant that gives us 3 Essential Oils? Sweet Orange from the fruit, Neroli from the blossoms and Petitgrain from the leaves and bark.
The Tangerine is another interesting choice, and emotionally it is the winter oil. It asks us to sit still and reconnect with the child that still resides within us all. Think of the phrase "out of the mouths of babes".

All EO's should be diluted before used topically on the skin, except for rare and emergency situations, and even then it is best done under the supervision of a qualified therapist, or at the very least if you have attended some workshops where 'first aid' using EO's has been taught.

Macadamia nut as suggested by somebody else and the dilution is completely wrong. First the dilution is not 50/50 it should only be a 1% ratio, and even then this is too strong for children or the elderly. Macadamia nut is not a good idea for 2 reasons. It's molecules are far too large to help with the absorption of the EO, and is usuallay added to another carrier oil as macadamia is good for various skin conditions, but it needs to be diluted in itself in a finer carrier oil to aid its absorbency through the skin. Secondly, never use a nit oil on somebody who has a nut allergy obviously.
Hope all that helps Night.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Or, maybe your point was that this EM energy isn't "vibrating".

But then, what on earth did Einstein get a noble price for?

Science, which have nothing to do with 'vibrations' as you're using the term.

EM doesn't vibrate. Nothing's vibrating in a photon.

Photons are, however, necessary to create plants, from which essential oils come.

Didn't he get that Nobel for precisely linking "vibration" of EM with "energy", in his famous equation K.E = hv - W ?

No.

The mystics were right. All is vibration.

Not particularly. Your example, EM, doesn't.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Macadamia nut as suggested by somebody else and the dilution is completely wrong. First the dilution is not 50/50 it should only be a 1% ratio, and even then this is too strong for children or the elderly. Macadamia nut is not a good idea for 2 reasons. It's molecules are far too large to help with the absorption of the EO...
Rainbows
Jane

Oh, I dunno, these guys have PhD's and MDs. You tell me...?

One linky...
Two linkies...
Three...(there are hundreds)

We're talking BMJ here, not Natural News, either.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Those papers are clinical trials carried out with an addition of 15 other ingredients. They are not meant for the public to go off and start using what is cited in those papers. You are being wholly irresponsible to peoples health and safety putting those out on a public forum.

So you are quoting the BMJ, so what on earth makes you think I am getting my info from Natural News? You really think you are something to come on somebody's thread and make assumptions that you know more than the OP does. Please wind your neck in and do one. I am very well qualified in the field of CLINICAL AROMATHERAPY and if you'd just calm down a little, you might just learn a thing or two instead of spouting your head off........

No Christmas Rainbows for you my lad!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Have you seen and read the moderators post???

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Have you seen and read the moderators post???

And are we not discussing essential oils? Except for your last post which is sadly off topic. I'll forgive you this time.

BTW, Tseng experimented with several carriers, 50/50 tto and macadamia nut was among the best combinations.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Just a reminder.....

This thread is about aromatherapy and essential oil.

Please post about that topic only.

You are responsible for your own posts.

ETA
Besides....it's Christmas.....let's be nice to each other

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sun Dec 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Gee whizz, that's big of you thank you.

Tseng is a surgeon/scientist, and as such, as do all research scientists, he has taken a plant medicine, in this case Tea-Tree Essential oil and taken it into the lab and broken it down into it's chemical components to identify what exactly works best and what he will then need to extract or 'copycat' in his lab.

We are talking about using Essential Oils as they have been extracted, and bottled for the public to use.
Have you used any Essential oils in your home?
I don't know why I am even bothering to ask you this question seeing as you haven't bothered to answer any of my other one.

I now chose to totally ignore you and your ill informed machinations.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

That was very informative Jane! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You're very welcome hun, anytime
Rainbows
Jane x

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join