It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essential Oils, It's Not All About The Chemistry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The chemistry of EO's is important for us to understand their compounds and in turn therefore what the EO's can do, but also which oils should be avoided under certain conditions.
However, there are little things like the weather, soil and even the processing that can vary an EO batch from the one that has been tested.
What also affects the oil's chemistry is the vibration around it. Just like us humans, if we live in a 'negative' environment, then we become negative, subdued and eventually ill. if we live in a 'positive' environment we are happy and well. Our 'vibration' rises. This is very fundamental physics which all of us can relate to.
This is why we have so many therapists espousing the mind/body connection. As some of you already know, I take this a step further and say it is the emotion that triggers the minds response that then impacts our physical well being.
This is why I love artisan distillers. They develop a symbiotic relationship with their plants, they love them, in turn they get the best out of the plant as they are loved in return.
Develop a relationship with your oils, love them, even the ones that smell like poo! Investigate WHY you don't like a particular smell. It's often challenging you, as somewhere deep in your psyche there is a link back to a 'negative' emotion.
I am still not very sure about Oshadi's EO's, HOWEVER, I do understand and 'resonate' exactly with Malte Hozzel the founder and CEO in this short video.....

So, any Aromatherapists/Essential Oil practitioners here? Anybody who loves Essential Oils and use them at home? Any MLM Essential OIl suppliers?
Have you had any experiences with the 'emotional' aspect of an Essential Oil which totally flew in the face of an oil that should have helped a problem? Do you know your contraindications so you use your oils safely? What's the most unusual, less 'main stream' oil you have used?

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 24-12-2016 by angelchemuel because: Trying to sort video!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

That is really interesting, that vibrations do things to the oils. Processing plants are huge noisy places, can't be good for the products.
I was a documentary about water and how it picks up energy and different things from stuff that comes in contact with it.
I wonder if anyone out there is doing any experiments with different water to effect the oils that are coming from the plants.
Oh the Dr. in the video looks like a bond villain.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Like what they showed with water.
Good thoughts good crystals, Bad = messy crystals.
and its been shown that if you think "I will burn you" at a tree.
it will panic! and the trees around it.

Empathy is Very important.
I just wish humans would have empathy to each other.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"Vibrations" the way you're using the term isn't physics at all. In fact, that sort of vibration doesn't exist. Your emotional state is in your head and that's the extent of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Like what they showed with water.
Good thoughts good crystals, Bad = messy crystals.
and its been shown that if you think "I will burn you" at a tree.
it will panic! and the trees around it.

Empathy is Very important.
I just wish humans would have empathy to each other.

That's actually a great example of pathological science. The experimental design was awful, guaranteed to get a certain result. If you don't allow the "emoter" to see the cylinder or the evaluator to know which were bad or good, it's back to random chance.

Eta: Emoto bought his doctorate for $400 from a mail order alternative medicine "university " , so maybe he didn't know how to design a decent experiment.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

"Vibrations" the way you're using the term isn't physics at all. In fact, that sort of vibration doesn't exist. Your emotional state is in your head and that's the extent of it.

Actually it does exist. And it can be proven easily. Take a bagel, cut it in half, and place one half it in a regular toaster. Put the other half in a microwave oven. After "cooking" each for a time, take the halves out and compare them. The bagel from the toaster is "brittle", breaks apart easily, and "crumbles" to the touch. The bagel from the microwave is "spongy" or "rubbery", and quite different, it's much tougher to pull apart. The toaster uses "random vibrations" to transmit energy to the bread, while the microwave uses "synchronized vibrations" to transmit energy to the bread. The random vibrations cause the molecular bonds in the bagel to break apart and weaken, while the synchronized vibrations cause some molecular bonds to grow stronger by "resonance".

So, the "vibrational environment" chemical molecules are placed in does affect their properties.

Thoughts are electromagnetic. They transmit energy that are either "random" (i.e. agitated thinking), or "synchronized" (i.e. calm and peaceful thinking). So, thoughts will have an influence on biochemicals also, just like the toaster and the microwave oven.

edit on 24-12-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Whats your premis for the thoughts electromagnetic waves traveling beyond the body and altering matter around them at a distance.

Im open to science eventually being able to explain psychic ability. But, if there is a way to use thoughts alone to manipulate the environment then its probably not due to synchronized resonant thoughts but direct observation altering the material quantumly somehow.

Im open to a lot and ive seen a lot of weird stuff in my day... A lot. So im curious as to the proposed mechanism behind your hypothesis

edit on 24-12-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Actually it does exist. And it can be proven easily. Take a bagel, cut it in half, and place one half it in a regular toaster. Put the other half in a microwave oven. After "cooking" each for a time, take the halves out and compare them. The bagel from the toaster is "brittle", breaks apart easily, and "crumbles" to the touch. The bagel from the microwave is "spongy" or "rubbery", and quite different, it's much tougher to pull apart. The toaster uses "random vibrations" to transmit energy to the bread, while the microwave uses "synchronized vibrations" to transmit energy to the bread. The random vibrations cause the molecular bonds in the bagel to break apart and weaken, while the synchronized vibrations cause some molecular bonds to grow stronger by "resonance".

Nope. The toaster uses IR, which is rather short wavelength compared to the microwave. Most of the energy from the toaster is thus deposited in the surface, where it causes enough heating to induce a Maillard reaction, causing browning and crispiness. The microwave oven has a wavelength several cm long, so you get dielectric heating. This doesn't cause high surface heating, so you get more of a steaming effect. You could steam a bagel and get quite a similar result.

More, nothing's resonating. Resonance is another science term that new agey types misuse flagrantly.

In any case, none of this has anything to do with 'vibrations' the way that a new ager/theosophist uses them, as in the OP.

Thoughts are electromagnetic. They transmit energy that are either "random" (i.e. agitated thinking), or "synchronized" (i.e. calm and peaceful thinking). So, thoughts will have an influence on biochemicals also, just like the toaster and the microwave oven.

Not at all. Thoughts are electrochemical. Quite different. There are no studies that say 'agitated thinking' or 'peaceful thinking' have any effect at all on the randomness of neurons firing. And, since neurons don't conduct electricity like a wire, and your brain doesn't process data like a computer, the frequencies are all quite low. This means that your brain doesn't emit neuronal activity like a radio signal. Ever. At all. PS, both toasters and microwave ovens have many many many orders of magnitude more electrical power associated with them than the neurons firing in your brain. So, no, they're not going to affect biochemicals.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The chemistry of EO's is important for us to understand their compounds and in turn therefore what the EO's can do, but also which oils should be avoided under certain conditions.
However, there are little things like the weather, soil and even the processing that can vary an EO batch from the one that has been tested.
What also affects the oil's chemistry is the vibration around it. Just like us humans, if we live in a 'negative' environment, then we become negative, subdued and eventually ill. if we live in a 'positive' environment we are happy and well. Our 'vibration' rises. This is very fundamental physics which all of us can relate to.

Many natural products show up as a group of compounds which differ by methyl groups, ester alcohols, and oxidation states. The distribution of compounds in plants depends on many things, as you have stated, but some sort of "vibration" has nothing to do with it. Compounds do not know if they are in a positive environment or a negative environment. People are affected by such. Look up "placebo effect."

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Erm....thank you for your comments guys...but this thread is about Essential oils and not vibrations and Emoto.

Just to remind you about the questions....
"So, any Aromatherapists/Essential Oil practitioners here? Anybody who loves Essential Oils and use them at home? Any MLM Essential OIl suppliers?
Have you had any experiences with the 'emotional' aspect of an Essential Oil which totally flew in the face of an oil that should have helped a problem? Do you know your contraindications so you use your oils safely? What's the most unusual, less 'main stream' oil you have used? "

Sheesh...do I have to moderate my own thread now?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Just goes to show how little you know about Essential oils and how they work doesn't it. So please refer to my second post and the questions asked in my OP......as you clearly have no understanding whatsoever about how the chemistry of EO's affect a person both emotionally, Mentally and physically....and yes even spiritually.

This subject is clearly beyond your understanding, so maybe keep following and hopefully some other qualified people here will join in and then you will learn something.
Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Nope. The toaster uses IR, which is rather short wavelength compared to the microwave. Most of the energy from the toaster is thus deposited in the surface, where it causes enough heating to induce a Maillard reaction, causing browning and crispiness. The microwave oven has a wavelength several cm long, so you get dielectric heating. This doesn't cause high surface heating, so you get more of a steaming effect. You could steam a bagel and get quite a similar result.

There's no one wavelength. And it's not IR. The toaster uses resistive heating, exploiting the Joule effect, in which an electrical current flowing through a wire generates heat, and that heat energy emerges over a wide spectrum of frequencies and wavelengths, not just one wavelength. Also, the emerging heat agitates the molecules of air, and the heated air, with fast moving air molecules, transfer much of the heat to the bread. So, the heat arriving at the bread is indeed "random vibrations", coming from a distributed wavelength and atomic and molecular collisions.

More, nothing's resonating. Resonance is another science term that new agey types misuse flagrantly.

All energy is transferred through resonance. In fact, that's the only way energy from one system can be transferred to another system.

This is why some materials are transparent, like glass, for example. Only the wavelengths that represent energies that "resonate" with the atomic and molecular structure of matter get absorbed. All other energy passes right through the material without affecting that matter at all.

In any case, none of this has anything to do with 'vibrations' the way that a new ager/theosophist uses them, as in the OP.

But, it's all "vibrations". Science has discovered that all interaction is through "quanta" of energy, and all such quanta obey the law: E = hv, where E is the energy, h is planck's constant, and v is "FREQUENCY" i.e. "vibrations".

Not at all. Thoughts are electrochemical. Quite different.

Are you saying that electrochemical activity do not produce electric and magnetic fields?

I don't understand that comment.

edit on 24-12-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Erm....thank you for your comments guys...but this thread is about Essential oils and not vibrations and Emoto.

No? Your OP was talking about vibrations.

Sheesh...do I have to moderate my own thread now?

Rainbows
Jane

Actually, that's not your place. You also don't get to dictate what's posted about. Worse, it's in the medical forum where at least SOME rigor is appropriate. So it's not out of place here if you say "essential oils soak up vibrations " to say "no, not really" as part of the discussion.

(post by BASSPLYR removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

This subject is clearly beyond your understanding...

...Our 'vibration' rises. This is very fundamental physics which all of us can relate to.

Rainbows
Jane

Cool! I do physics - the real sort - for a living, on the practical side. Maybe since it's beyond my understanding, you can explain the 'vibrations' you're talking about, since it's 'fundamental physics'. Lay some math on me. Because frankly, the way you're using the terms don't match physics.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
There's no one wavelength. And it's not IR. The toaster uses resistive heating, exploiting the Joule effect, in which an electrical current flowing through a wire generates heat, and that heat energy emerges over a wide spectrum of frequencies and wavelengths, not just one wavelength.

The term "IR" doesn't specify one particular wavelength, but a general area of the EM spectrum. And yes, most of the toaster's energy output is in that area. Air is fairly transparent to it. Some of the air is heated by direct contact with the wire, but most of THAT air is carried out by convection and does not come in contact with the bagel.

All energy is transferred through resonance. In fact, that's the only way energy from one system can be transferred to another system.

Not at all. Very few systems are resonant. In the case of your bagel, the bagel is not a tuned cavity. It's not a LCR circuit. And it's not ringing acoustically.

This is why some materials are transparent, like glass, for example. Only the wavelengths that represent energies that "resonate" with the atomic and molecular structure of matter get absorbed. All other energy passes right through the material without affecting that matter at all.

But this doesn't have a lot to do with microwave ovens, which transfer by dielectric heating. They're coupling to a rotating QM vibration of water, but it's definitely not resonant - that's up around 90GHz.

But, it's all "vibrations". Science has discovered that all interaction is through "quanta" of energy, and all such quanta obey the law: E = hv, where E is the energy, h is planck's constant, and v is "FREQUENCY" i.e. "vibrations".

Vibration isn't oscillation. And bagels aren't photons. Vibration has a very specific definition. More, let's look at E=hv. Do you see a place where happy thoughts cause hv to change? I'll wait - you look.

Are you saying that electrochemical activity do not produce electric and magnetic fields?

Tiny ones - and they don't couple. So they don't radiate. You do not radiate EM. Because your nerves run in the 100's of Hz at the highest frequency, and your head isn't several hundred miles long. However, even if you DID, EM does not interact with QM resonances in a way that changes their frequency.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Who rattled your cage to put you on the attack?
I posted an op, and asked the following questions...
So, any Aromatherapists/Essential Oil practitioners here? Anybody who loves Essential Oils and use them at home? Any MLM Essential OIl suppliers?
Have you had any experiences with the 'emotional' aspect of an Essential Oil which totally flew in the face of an oil that should have helped a problem? Do you know your contraindications so you use your oils safely? What's the most unusual, less 'main stream' oil you have used?
You sir seem quite incapable of answering any of them and prefer to play semantics

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm not on the attack at all.

The whole thing about soaking up your emotions being 'basic physics' is rather amusing, tbh.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Can you answer any of the questions I asked to instigate a discussion here with like minded folk?
No, I thought not

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I use peppermint oil on my forehead when I get headaches. Love how it feels warm and tingly. Most of the time my headaches dissipate when I do this.

I used clove bud oil when I had a bad toothache. Numbs the tooth, but you do need to use caution.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join