It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate Flags

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Really? Then why did Trump win?

Speaking of "strawman arguments", at no point did I say that there are no racist implications of that flag. You on the other hand keep insisting that I have.

In reality what I have said that it can mean whatever people believe in.

YOU on the other hand, true to form, are INSISTING that you MUST be right and that it can ONLY mean one thing.

Closed minded much?

Anyways, this subject has been argued to death here on ATS. The only thing that ever gets shown is: people believe what they want and that we have a LOT of people here on ATS that are VERY judgemental and make assumptions about other people that they have never ever met in their lives.

Hmmmm...what's the definition of racism and bigotry again?

Food for thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Any racist implication makes it a racist symbol.

Why did Trump win? So now the flag isn't racist because Trump won? Best Strawman so far I guess.

What do you think I meant saying "your claim is 100% not inaccurate"? It means I agree with that entire segment, including the portion that people can think whatever they want, unbunch your panties, I understand and read your stance.

Close minded much? I can't even agree with you.

My stance that you defined for me is completely inaccurate however. People are allowed to have opinions, this doesn't make them correct opinions. The stereotypical majority opinion the Flag is involved with Racism is statistically backed, I'll pass the burden of proof to you to claim 'otherwise'. My REAL stance is that people can express themselves however they want, including with this racist flag. My ARGUMENT is that them denying it's racist, is their own arrogance and ignorance despite their free speech and rights. Just because something can mean MULTIPLE THINGS, doesn't EXCLUDE IT, from having BAD MEANINGS. It feels stupid even typing that. "Things with multiple meanings don't exclude multiple meanings". Like how obvious is it?

YES, THE FLAG ALSO REPRESENTS A LOT OF GOOD CRAP I COULD CARE LESS TO LIST. WHY?

BECAUSE IT ALSO REPRESENTS RACISM, AND I'D RATHER BE MORE CREATIVE IN EXPRESSING MY ANTI-FEDERALIST IDEAS THAN USING A WELL KNOWN RACIST SYMBOL.
edit on 24-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes it doesn't only mean Racism and does means other things.

It doesn't mean racism at all? Bull#.
edit on 24-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Child like logic...yup that pretty much sums up your stance..

You take the less than 1% of the people involved in that war and paint everyone on that side as racist..

Thats kind of like saying all Germans were Nazis... heck not even all Nazis were bad people, some units in the SS were actually extremely honorable fighters that never participated in any atrocities, and treated their prisoners well.

You are ignoring all the variables that went in to that time, you are ignoring the fact that even some big whigs in the south detested slavery, heck one of the most reviled names in the history books spent the rest of his life after the civil war fighting for the rights of freed slaves.

But hey... yea they must be all racists.

(post by imjack removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If the first thing you think of is racism when you look at that flag, maybe you should look inwards to find out why.

Maybe you're a closet racist?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

If the first thing you think of is racism when you look at that flag, maybe you should look inwards to find out why.

Maybe you're a closet racist?

First thing? Who cares what Number thing? It has a Racist implication. You just assume it's the first thing I think, another baseless assumption about the actual position of the Left on this. I'm not even a flipping Democrat. The Conservative echo-chamber has reached DEFCON 5.

The Right acts like it didn't even KNOW slavery happened or something when it comes to this flag. It's honestly brilliant idiocracy.

link   

Brick wall...talking to.

One more time: you are saying that it must always be racist, and that ALL of those who wave it, have it, show it, must there for be racist.

I'm saying: you are wrong.

Your logic: elephants are grey, there for everything that is grey must be an elephant.

You also just admitted to being judgemental by saying this:

YES, THE FLAG ALSO REPRESENTS A LOT OF GOOD CRAP I COULD CARE LESS TO LIST. WHY?

BECAUSE IT ALSO REPRESENTS RACISM, AND I'D RATHER BE MORE CREATIVE IN EXPRESSING MY ANTI-FEDERALIST IDEAS THAN USING A WELL KNOWN RACIST SYMBOL.

So our discussions have revealed that you are willing to judge people simply based on a symbol that they may like or use, no mater how they may use it or without you actually knowing them.

To you it represents racism. To others it does not.

You've expressed your opinion in the mater. You claim that most Americans feel the way you do because: poll data, and you (and others) have decided that anyone that uses that symbol MUST also be racist.

Hmmmm......well, one thing I have learned over my years here at ATS: hardly anyone's mind gets changed, and most discussions are like talking to a brick wall.

However, I do learn a lot about people when reading through their discussions.

One thing about this discussion here on ATS that I've learned over the many threads on this subject: Majority of those that profess that this flag means nothing but hatred, racism and intolerance, always seem to be the ones that tend to be so intolerant of others opinions on here.

But enough of this. I've got other stuff I need to do since it's Christmas Eve.

Have a Merry Christmas!

link   
Please remember people that today is Christmas eve and if you have trouble
with anyone or anybody,Evan's Egg Nog with Southern Comfort helps.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The flag has no such thing. The PEOPLE are the ones who assigned an arbitrary meaning to a piece of material.

And not all people who like/show the flag are racists. That would be like me saying "all members who use caps in a reply are triggered morons". It might be true for some, but not all.

(post by imjack removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Me think the lady doth protest to much.

Try cracking to closet door open a bit and embrace your feelings.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Maybe they're just showing a little solidarity with 'ol Johnny Reb...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
THIS IS NOT THE MUD PIT

Knock off the mud slinging or you may end up on the sidelines.

Do not reply to this post.

(post by imjack removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
As someone who actually lives in the Deep South, in the actual cradle of the Confederacy, I've never personally seen the Battle Flag solely as a symbol of racism. I don't own one in any form, and have no interest in owning one.

Sure, most of the people around here who fly it are racist white trash, but not all. Believe it or not, once you get out of the cities, it's not uncommon to see black men and women flying it outside their house, wearing it on a shirt, or with a decal on their vehicle.

To some it does genuinely symbolize Southern Heritage, with no racism even considered, and some use it to communicate their personal racism. Without either telepathy or an overt act, there's no way to know for sure.

To forget the history which that flag symbolizes would be tragic, since that's something nobody would ever want to repeat.

One wonders if people would stop getting offended by it whether or not the racists would continue to use it as a symbol of hate...

TL;DR - Having a Confederate Battle Flag doesn't make you a racist, but racist scumbags use the CBF as a symbol of hatred.

The Only reason its considered "racist" these days is due to Lincoln making that association and the approved history By lincoln was taught to many retarded children through the years. Lincoln didnt want healing he wanted the south to hate the north forever. Lincoln did just as romans did to his enemies. HE wanted them to be spat on and reviled.

All for his Legacy,and his corporate masters.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's a Secret Code, and yes....X Marks the Spot!
a reply to: Zimnydran

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I see nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag.

In fact, I'd like to find out where to buy one. At this rate, they'll be collectible some day.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

www.flagandbanner.com...

lots to choose from !

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What do I see?

I see history. Both good, and bad. Needn't look far for examples of either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join