It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - 6 months on...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
On another note just to interrupt!

Thanks everybody for your input so far! Always great to hear different opinions!

Continue....

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Brexiters really do like to cherry pick and (lie) oops I mean distort the facts.
Fact one. Regain our sovereignty? We have never lost our sovereignty.
Fact two. We take back control over our borders? We have never lost control over our borders, in fact we have extended our border people to main land Europe.
Fact three. We are told what to do by EU parliament? No, no ALL the directives coming from the EU were that, directives. EVERY thing that has come out of the Eu had to be ratified by our government. They were not force to comply.
Fact four. Immigration? The majority of people that voted for brexit were concerned about the immigration problem. But what they couldn't differentiate between was the people coming to the UK from the EU countries to work (they got classed as immigrants to blur the line for the brexiteers) and the immigrants who came from outside the EU, the majority of which were coming to claim and live off our system. Now a nice question to ask the poster Fusiondoe (as he's from the East End of London and on about moving because of the immigrants) just who are the immigrants that upset him?
No, let me tell you the vast majority are Bangladeshi. Not from the EU. The people responsible for letting these type of immigrants into the country is not the EU it's our own governments decision. Yes, the were asked to take in so many but it was not an order it was their choice.
As for negotiating trade, the national lottery has the perfect phrase "you have to be in it to win it" and if I have to explain that to you then............

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm not going to list my grievances for you to pick apart and accuse me of racism , the fact is the EU is a flawed project and its aspirations of becoming a super state are doomed to failure.
Let's see what happens when the bottom falls out of Italy's banking sector or when other peoples of Europe reject the corrupt organisation in their coming elections.

The EUs days are numbered , we're best off out of it.

You mean that the fact is that it is your opinion that "the EU is a flawed project and its aspirations of becoming a super state are doomed to failure."

No, it's the opinion of the 17,410,742 people that voted leave.

Source

My own parents voted out...They dont understand how to use the internet, too old for it even though i've tried, They still really on the main stream media (Daily Arsewipes) and street gossip.. ie BS, for news on what is happening in the world, They then form an opinion and then mark X in a Box. What more can i say. Old School.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The Brexiters really do like to cherry pick and (lie) oops I mean distort the facts.
Fact two. We take back control over our borders? We have never lost control over our borders, in fact we have extended our border people to main land Europe.
Fact three. We are told what to do by EU parliament? No, no ALL the directives coming from the EU were that, directives. EVERY thing that has come out of the Eu had to be ratified by our government. They were not force to comply.
Fact four. Immigration? The majority of people that voted for brexit were concerned about the immigration problem. But what they couldn't differentiate between was the people coming to the UK from the EU countries to work (they got classed as immigrants to blur the line for the brexiteers) and the immigrants who came from outside the EU, the majority of which were coming to claim and live off our system. Now a nice question to ask the poster Fusiondoe (as he's from the East End of London and on about moving because of the immigrants) just who are the immigrants that upset him?
No, let me tell you the vast majority are Bangladeshi. Not from the EU. The people responsible for letting these type of immigrants into the country is not the EU it's our own governments decision. Yes, the were asked to take in so many but it was not an order it was their choice.
As for negotiating trade, the national lottery has the perfect phrase "you have to be in it to win it" and if I have to explain that to you then............

What a ridiculous answer.

So your saying that our government could have said no to freedom of movement? Yet still been a member of the EUROPEAN UNION? Wish I had known that.... [sarc]

Extending our border in this case is the same thing as having no control over it, don't be facetious (See above, freedom of movement)

edit on 24/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: Probably best not to open that can of worms

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So your saying that our government could have said no to freedom of movement? Yet still been a member of the EUROPEAN UNION? Wish I had known that.... [sarc]

Extending our border in this case is the same thing as having no control over it, don't be facetious (See above, freedom of movement)

So people being abused for waving the Union Jack/St George? .... students sent home from school for wearing a crucifix in a Christian country .... but we have retained our sovereignty? Would you like me to obtain the sources for you regarding the above? Or would you care to google yourself.

And no actually, I'm talking mostly of Polish and Lithuanian. I know Bangladeshis are not part of the EU.

A Christian Country....? This explains a lot and says so much about you and your thinking.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

No, no ALL the directives coming from the EU were that, directives. EVERY thing that has come out of the Eu had to be ratified by our government

Directives are issued and it is up to the member states to implement them in a way of their choosing , they are not ratified by Parliament because they are directives ... orders.
If they are not implemented the nation is taken to the European court and fined.

edit on 24-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crayzeed

No, no ALL the directives coming from the EU were that, directives. EVERY thing that has come out of the Eu had to be ratified by our government

Directives are issued and it is up to the member states to implement them in a way of their choosing , they are not ratified by Parliament because they are directives ... orders.
If they are not implemented the nation is taken to the European court and fined.

^^^ This

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

So people being abused for waving the Union Jack/St George? .... students sent home from school for wearing a crucifix in a Christian country .... but we have retained our sovereignty? Would you like me to obtain the sources for you regarding the above? Or would you care to google yourself.

And no actually, I'm talking mostly of Polish and Lithuanian. I know Bangladeshis are not part of the EU.

A Christian Country....? This explains a lot and says so much about you and your thinking.

Don't take it out of context! The UK was always a Christian Country. That is fact. Just the same as Dubai is Muslim, India is Hindi/Sikh

Hence why we celebrate Christmas and Easter

Nice try

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Regardless....

We are leaving and I can't wait for the day we get out!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Regardless....

Time will tell who was correct..the in's or the out's . lets leave it at that for now.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Regardless....

Time will tell who was correct..the in's or the out's . lets leave it at that for now.

Thank you for your input and everybody else's as always

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

aye yes, but an opinion indeed

No not just an opinion but a majority opinion 52% .

And yours, unless you know otherwise is but another opinion is it not

So it is in the end just a battle of opinions .....

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

aye yes, but an opinion indeed

No not just an opinion but a majority opinion 52% .

And yours, unless you know otherwise is but another opinion is it not

So it is in the end just a battle of opinions .....

^^^ this

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's been great to have so many strong opinions on this

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

40 something years of working together is not a failed project, seems to me to be quite a successful ongoing project, yes it has it's moments, but by and large it's been a success.

Thats largely a matter of opinion,your opinion a large percentage of the
population obviously don't agree with you.

Its also a project the people were underhandedly taken into, the were signed
into the EEC (European Economic Com.) which was mainly for trading. Then
again without being asked we were sucked into the EU (European Union) Your
belief it is not a failed project, is only an opinion your opinion

look at the UK's banking sector...You have been paying attention now havn't you..lol

£1.8 Trillion in debt mate

Finance is much more complicated than that!! Debt is not necessarily a bad
thing successful business often run on it ... (borrow low lend high = profit)
The country's debt may appear high ... obviously we are affording it.

But yes the EU has been trying to hang on to the UK (being the second largest
financial contributor to the EU) the UK will be leaving a large hole in the EU
pot.
Hmmn ... will probably help with paying off the
£1.8 trillion?

the £ on it's arse and that's before we even leave the EU...

Currency constantly fluctuates. The Euro's performance hasn't exactly been
up there ... in exchange rates you get about half of what you got 10 yrs ago.

You do not understand what you have done or what you wish for.

Yes, the Brexiteers are not the fools, the remainers would like to think
they are. lol!!

Hey, we all get duped from time to time, but at least some of us can say, Hey, I made a mistake

I hope you remember that! and won't need reminding.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

40 something years of working together is not a failed project, seems to me to be quite a successful ongoing project, yes it has it's moments, but by and large it's been a success.

Thats largely a matter of opinion,your opinion a large percentage of the
population obviously don't agree with you.

Its also a project the people were underhandedly taken into, the were signed
into the EEC (European Economic Com.) which was mainly for trading. Then
again without being asked we were sucked into the EU (European Union) Your
belief it is not a failed project, is only an opinion your opinion

look at the UK's banking sector...You have been paying attention now havn't you..lol

£1.8 Trillion in debt mate

Finance is much more complicated than that!! Debt is not necessarily a bad
thing successful business often run on it ... (borrow low lend high = profit)
The country's debt may appear high ... obviously we are affording it.

But yes the EU has been trying to hang on to the UK (being the second largest
financial contributor to the EU) the UK will be leaving a large hole in the EU
pot.
Hmmn ... will probably help with paying off the
£1.8 trillion?

the £ on it's arse and that's before we even leave the EU...

Currency constantly fluctuates. The Euro's performance hasn't exactly been
up there ... in exchange rates you get about half of what you got 10 yrs ago.

You do not understand what you have done or what you wish for.

Yes, the Brexiteers are not the fools, the remainers would like to think
they are. lol!!

Hey, we all get duped from time to time, but at least some of us can say, Hey, I made a mistake

I hope you remember that! and won't need reminding.

^^^ This

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

My own parents voted out..

The voices of experience.
They have been in a position to compare life pre EU.
Well done them.

They dont understand how to use the internet, too old for it even though i've tried.

How patronising to speak of them in that way .... I bet I am older than them.
Typical youth ... no patience think they know it ALL!!

They still really on the main stream media (Daily Arsewipes) and street gossip.. ie BS, for news on what is happening in the world, They then form an opinion and then mark X in a Box. What more can i say. Old School.

The quote *(Daily Arsewipes)* are on line too, and between them TV
and radio... its all much of a muchness as far as news goes.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

My own parents voted out..

The voices of experience.
They have been in a position to compare life pre EU.
Well done them.

They dont understand how to use the internet, too old for it even though i've tried.

How patronising to speak of them in that way .... I bet I am older than them.
Typical youth ... no patience think they know it ALL!!

They still really on the main stream media (Daily Arsewipes) and street gossip.. ie BS, for news on what is happening in the world, They then form an opinion and then mark X in a Box. What more can i say. Old School.

The quote *(Daily Arsewipes)* are on line too, and between them TV
and radio... its all much of a muchness as far as news goes.

^^^ this... again

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
UPDATE: Le Pen talks 'FREXIT'

Le Pen, the leader of France's far-right National Front and a candidate for the 2017 presidential elections, is known for her Euroscepticism and anti-immigrant views. Together with France, she also suggested that Portugal, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Greece and Cyprus should also leave the European Union. “Frexit will be a part of my policy,” she said in an interview with Dimokratia. “The people must have the opportunity to vote for the liberation from slavery and blackmail imposed by technocrats in Brussels to return sovereignty to the country.” Along with her main rival, the center-right Francois Fillon, Le Pen has called for closer ties with Russia and has criticized NATO expansion into eastern Europe. Le Pen said that she would take France out of the alliance if she became president because, as she said, its existence is no longer needed. “It was established when there was a risk from the Warsaw Pact and the expansionism of the communist Soviet Union,” said Le Pen. “The Soviet Union no longer exists, and neither does the Warsaw Pact. Washington maintains the NATO presence to serve its objectives in Europe.”

Source

Thoughts guys?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Not thinking today...it's Christmas!!

**MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE**

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join