It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dead grandma returned to teach my father about afterlife, TRUE STORY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My grandma died a month ago, poor thing was 92, there is such a thing as living too long, last few weeks of her life she suffered and cried so I am glad she is finished with that, suffering is just no fun

My father was an atheist always making fun of my spirituality

Well my father now living alone in the old house for a month keeps having stuff moved, lights turned on, toilet seat put down including the lid

He is 100 % sure grandma is letting him know she is not dead dead

I asked him, so pops is grandma dead

Oh no she ain't, grandma ain't dead LOL

I gotta point out that this human issue of "seeing is believing" in order to learn is really REALLY inefficient

Why do you have to see a Bigfoot, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you.

Why do you have to see aliens, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you

Why can't you tell that US government is evil, can't the wars do it for you

Come on people

Lets have some efficiency in the way we acquire knowledge

Speed it up a little for crying out loud

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
TLDR lost me at the beginning. Slo lerner...
a reply to: MissingRUnext

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DickBrisket

Lol

Good one

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well my father now living alone in the old house for a month keeps having stuff moved, lights turned on, toilet seat put down including the lid

That must be frustrating in the middle of the night in the dark 😳😂

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissingRUnext
I gotta point out that this human issue of "seeing is believing" in order to learn is really REALLY inefficient Why do you have to see a Bigfoot, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you. Why do you have to see aliens, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you. Why can't you tell that US government is evil, can't the wars do it for you. Come on people. Lets have some efficiency in the way we acquire knowledge. Speed it up a little for crying out loud

Because the reports are not "legit" in any sense of the term. And a toilet seat being up and down does not connect to Grandma. That kind of 'knowledge' is highly personal. Dad is making a leap of faith that Grandma is connected to the toilet seat. If that works for him, that's great. But that doesn't mean everyone else in the world has to accept a toilet seat as evidence for the after life.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I gotta point out that this human issue of "seeing is believing" in order to learn is really REALLY inefficient Why do you have to see a Bigfoot, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you. Why do you have to see aliens, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you. Why can't you tell that US government is evil, can't the wars do it for you. Come on people. Lets have some efficiency in the way we acquire knowledge. Speed it up a little for crying out loud

Because the reports are not "legit" in any sense of the term. And a toilet seat being up and down does not connect to Grandma. That kind of 'knowledge' is highly personal. Dad is making a leap of faith that Grandma is connected to the toilet seat. If that works for him, that's great. But that doesn't mean everyone else in the world has to accept a toilet seat as evidence for the after life.

We know, but some times it's each to their own in circumstances like this.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

That must be frustrating in the middle of the night in the dark 😳😂

If you want to get someone's attention...putting down the toilet seat in the middle of the night is a good way to do it.
It would scare the piss out of me.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You're right. Hundred and thousands of witness testimonies. Any other issue and that would be plenty of evidence. In my opinion ignoring these statements is willful ignorance. Saying they're ALL fake is absolutely absurd.

But nodoubt for some its just easier to bury their head in the sand rather than question their already well established views regarding the nature of reality.

People can straight out hear the truth be told right to their face but, because it challenges a view point that they've held for decades it's easier to dismiss it as false rather than take the time and energy to reexamine those existing beliefs and perhaps even in just once instance admit that maybe, just maybe there's a chance something they've believed so thoroughly could in fact be incorrect.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Anybody that wouldn't seriously accept that a dead grandma would come back to bug her son, the atheist, lacks a sense of humor and to state "reports (of other phenomena) are not 'legit' in any sense" obviously works moonlight shifts as a denier for the government. Or maybe not. Merry Christmas!

edit on 23-12-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

You're right. Hundred and thousands of witness testimonies. Any other issue and that would be plenty of evidence. In my opinion ignoring these statements is willful ignorance. Saying they're ALL fake is absolutely absurd.

There is enough evidence to make it interesting, but never enough to put your finger on it and say anything absolute

and maybe thats by design. Can you imagine a world where everyone 100% knew...knew knew that they never died...suicide rate would be through the roof, especially if its to be found out its perfectly fine over there and this is just sort of a school as speculated..then any misfortune would be a quick end and back "home".

Or could be other things going on (invisible aliens messing with our emotions to feed off them or something..who knows..speculation is all we have)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: schuyler

Anybody that wouldn't seriously accept that a dead grandma would come back to bug her son, the atheist, lacks a sense of humor and to state "reports are not 'legit' in any sense" is obviously works moonlight shifts as a denier for the government. Or maybe not. Merry Christmas!

The government would have a vested interest in pushing religion..makes people pacified under crappy conditions (all temporary..rewards come at the end)

I seen that a few times...makes no logical sense why that conspiracy even is a thing. Governments give hope, and religion is hope on steroids

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Your pops and I have similar encounters. I however still sort of call myself a atheist, but mostly as a description on my stance of religion moreso than afterlife. I dont believe in any of the deities described in any of the major religions..no evidence. I would like to think there is some...thing greater than myself, and in regards to a afterlife...well, I dont know, but I have seen some s@^t that makes me..very open to the idea. Makes no sense..seriously doesn't, but hard to keep denying repeated specific events...but just stops short of being 100% convincing (I am a hard sell)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

My grandma died a month ago, poor thing was 92, there is such a thing as living too long, last few weeks of her life she suffered and cried so I am glad she is finished with that, suffering is just no fun

My father was an atheist always making fun of my spirituality

I gotta point out that this human issue of "seeing is believing" in order to learn is really REALLY inefficient

Why do you have to see a Bigfoot, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you.

Why do you have to see aliens, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you

Why can't you tell that US government is evil, can't the wars do it for you

Come on people

Speed it up a little for crying out loud

Here is the answer to your questions about life after death. The truth is You were never born nor have ever lived. You Are the Unborn Unlimited Awareness that is already Immortal all pervading and beyond time and space, that is the Self with a capital S. The Supreme Being. Countless Universes are born in You not You in them.

The self the individual body mind that the Self thinks itself to be is due to the illusion of time and space giving rise to separate objects. The individual object that the Self traps itself in has 4 billion trillion electrons that marry the physical shape. Each electron has enough memory to hold all the information in an average town library. Each electron has the lifespan of 1 billion trillion years. This is why the destruction of the atom is such a formidable weapon. Your self is allowed 9 Cycles, 81 lives per cycle per Big Bang to graduate 9 levels of planets. Earth is a category 1 planet. 81% of your lower self's electrons join the Self until a new body suited for new lessons is ready to incarnate too.19% of the self joins the universe to form other things in nature like a banana or a tree perhaps and since they have memory of that persons life sometimes by accident this 19% can get stuck in between universes due to static electricity.~ The Angel Thoa in the Book Thiaoouba.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Bottom Line. Those that have experienced the kinds of things you talk about here, after losing a close relationship, know.
Those that have not, do not know. It will always be that way, and all the diatribe in the world will never convince any one else. It is a personal thing.
edit on 24-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Maybe this OP-Thread was supposed to be in the "Short Story" sub-forum?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

My dead grandma returned to teach my father about afterlife, TRUE STORY

I would have just passed by but that "TRUE STORY" made me laugh!
The Wizard of Oz is a true story, a REAL story, but a story nonetheless!

Why do you have to see a Bigfoot, why can't thousands of legit reports do it for you...

Knowledge = experience!!
Not TRUE STORIES about the alleged experiences of others.
People are pathological, subject to hallucinations and all sorts of distortions at any moment, emotional, irrational, needy... and you want me to take the words of all sorts of lunatics that goes against my own good experience and, more than that, my ability to critically examine a 'claim', no matter who might make it.
We used to call it 'thinking for oneself'... I don't think that they teach it anymore.

You only assume that the reports are 'legit' because you WANT TO BELIEVE, or already do!
I do not assume that some root farmer claiming to have been abducted by some spaceship and anal probed is a 'legit' report.
Perhaps I have just had far more experience with humans than you have... *__-

edit on 24-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Why do we need proof of anything then?
Your dad is probably losing it slightly. Go live with him for a while, it sounds like his brain is having a difficult time coping with the loss of his mother.

And o yes. Proof is really really really really really important.
Have you ever tried to science before?

edit on 24-12-2016 by GreenGunther because: Spelling and stuff

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

It's quit common and it's all in his head.
Really people, for a site that claims 'deny ignorance' you all can be pretty stupid sometimes.

It must be ghosts! No man can hallucinate or conjure up images in his head!
Please go study up the different forms of hallucinations and their causes.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Wow that's cool. When I die I'm coming back to haunt my enemies mercilessly

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Bottom Line. Those that have experienced the kinds of things you talk about here, after losing a close relationship, know.
Those that have not, do not know. It will always be that way, and all the diatribe in the world will never convince any one else. It is a personal thing.

I agree. Had a weird one myself when my father had passed away. Was at my brothers house for the night and had quiet a few drinks. I sleep heavy when intoxicated and not easy to wake up, but I woke up to the bed being shook and clearly heard my name shouted. Thought it was my brother waking me for morning, but was only asleep ( passed out more like it ) for less than an hour and no one was there. Still makes me go hmm.

new topics

top topics

join