It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: What happens when he hears TWO compelling arguments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
After reading about Donald Trump's latest tweet about how the U.S. needs to expand it's nuclear capability I couldn't help but think that he likely was in a briefing with people from the military or their contractors and after hearing their side decided "This is a good idea" we should act on it.

Then I thought, what happens when as president he's forced to deal with both sides of an issue and they both have compelling arguments? Up til now, things have been fairly predictable, but Trump is a genuine wild card. Kennedy, during the Cuban missile crisis, (as it was portrayed) was a great example of listening to everyone and then making a prudent decision against pressure. Trump doesn't appear that thoughtful or deep (and yes I want Trump to succeed as the leader of my country), he seems consistently reactionary to me and that's a bit worrisome when it comes to nuclear weapons and other serious matters. Air Force one getting new carpet, no I don't care what he decides.

Anyway, the psychology interests me, anyone have any hard insight as how Trump has reacted in the past when given two compelling choices and how you think he might act as President?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

His circuits overload and he is taken into the shop for repair.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, he says he discusses everything with himself to make his decision. So when he says he got torn about an issue, you know he had it out with himself.

They need to let his kids in the white house so they can keep him straightened out. Otherwise he will likely make a mess of things, especially if he only listens to his advisors. WW111 may be fought just in Washington DC and we can all watch it unfold safely from our armchairs. I hope they televise this presidency, it will have a better rating than Jerry Springer.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You're thinking of Hillary's "short circuit" incidents. Easy mistake.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He spouts both arguments out, and makes Kellyanne explain it away.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

lol i sometimes have to sort myself out.
good to see Trumpy does the same

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And still ends up making better decisions than Hillary ever could.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
A magic 8 ball might be in play for all we know...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I think just the fact that he has had the ability to run a very complex business empire and build massive buildings and architecture answers this question. You don't become profitable by being wasteful. I hope from a financial standpoint he reduces our debt and gets rid of all the waste like a business would. It also tells you that he is not in it for the money. He has enough of that already, and he could have retired and lived in luxury for the rest of his days but instead he saw the mess we are in and he was ridiculed for it by half of America. I think he genuinely wants to clean house big league and I for one am excited to see what happens. TOO much corruption in Washington for TOO long. Time to get to work, and he is working up to Christmas day for the American people. God bless him, and I don't even believe in Jesus!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
After reading about Donald Trump's latest tweet about how the U.S. needs to expand it's nuclear capability I couldn't help but think that he likely was in a briefing with people from the military or their contractors and after hearing their side decided "This is a good idea" we should act on it.

Then I thought, what happens when as president he's forced to deal with both sides of an issue and they both have compelling arguments? Up til now, things have been fairly predictable, but Trump is a genuine wild card. Kennedy, during the Cuban missile crisis, (as it was portrayed) was a great example of listening to everyone and then making a prudent decision against pressure. Trump doesn't appear that thoughtful or deep (and yes I want Trump to succeed as the leader of my country), he seems consistently reactionary to me and that's a bit worrisome when it comes to nuclear weapons and other serious matters. Air Force one getting new carpet, no I don't care what he decides.

Anyway, the psychology interests me, anyone have any hard insight as how Trump has reacted in the past when given two compelling choices and how you think he might act as President?

Perhaps not quite the the way you might want it, but certainly choice is there.
Perhaps looking at the whole rationale, by Trump for this Trump fund raiser for Vets, and the already, and subsequent fall out with media will show the sheer petulence of a manchild nursing a grudge...AKA did not get his way.

edit on 23-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I love moments like these, one for the fact that vets (I'm one also) actually got some help as promised and two, the lying presstitutes get exposed yet again for their deceptive ways.

I suspect Trump will deliver some huge "wins" while in office....but he's demonstrated some worrisome traits and when you "lose" at this level, millions of lives are affected.

Obama's record shows what happens when you put an inexperienced divisive politician in office...it's been a disaster that most people are only beginning to even acknowledge. Once he's gone I'm sure we'll begin to hear about that. Trump, on the other hand, is coming from a position of power along with the ability to actually make a deal. Let's just hope when he doesn't get his way or something angers him that he handles it better than he has in the past.

2017 is going to be an action packed year I suspect...fingers crossed.

edit on 23-12-2016 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0

Aww, c'mon...Trump didn't become a billionaire by making bad decisions...Trump has been indirectly involved in politics for 40 years...He's no stranger to what goes on in Washington...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

My god, some of you people just aren't paying attention.

Reactionary??? I think some of you are choosing to see what you want.

He's the complete opposite. What you see as reactionary, all his tweets, all his statements, they have purpose and you just aren't cognizant of what he's trying to accomplish.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoldAlligator

My god, some of you people just aren't paying attention.

Reactionary??? I think some of you are choosing to see what you want.

He's the complete opposite. What you see as reactionary, all his tweets, all his statements, they have purpose and you just aren't cognizant of what he's trying to accomplish.

Sorry, but you'll need to come with a little more than that...please explain.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Donald Trump has the ultimate "God complex", he believes in his own hype, and he doesn't do insecurities, he is what most people wish they could be, if he didn't have this God complex you would never have heard of him, the reason he will succeed or be took clean out, well he believes he is gonna be the change the world needs, instead of just telling you what you want to hear, he actually "knows" he is gonna change the world, and it is all about self-belief. Donald Trump is a Jedi Master of the Power of Attraction, and he might not always make the popular decision but he will make the decision. Unlike all the other puppets we have seen before.
And anyway if he F.... everything up, he can come back home to Scotland cause he my mate

new topics

top topics

join