It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's NY Campaign Chief, Carl Paladino, Gives Horrible Racist Answers to Local Paper Survey.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: draoicht

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: draoicht

"scolding the excerise of free speech"

No. It's a thread pointing out what an asshole this guy is and instead of saying, "yep, that guy's an asshole" right-wingers are obligated to say dumb s# like "scold the exercise of free speech."

And don't you dare say anything to me in response for calling what you said "dumb" or else I'll have to scold you for scolding my exercise of free speech. It'll be a regular scold fest.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a "right winger".

The kind of self righteousness I find in the OP is reminiscent of a line of thinking that leads to the Thought Police.

People have a right to speak freely.

Other people are certainly free to disagree.

Elected officials have always faced consequences for publicly making statements like that. He didn't think them, he said them in a horribly vile way, to a newspaper.

Everyone from the governor, to the school board to Donald Trump has said the statements were 'reprehensible'.

The possibility that he was using the well known rhetorical device of hyperbole in a satirical way does not seem possible to you?

Tolerance is also a virtue.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Many people find it interesting. Many people are clear the statements are racist.

8 people are now considered many people?

Lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

He wasn't. He's always been like this. This is just the worst one so far.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: Khaleesi

Agreed.

Most leftists are incredibly hypocritical.

The irony in these forums truly knows no bounds! Weren't you the one a page back quoting ATS T&C while repeatedly defying them yourself? In case you didn't know, attacking the OP instead of the thread topic is likewise a violation of the T&C of ATS yet here you are in post after post doing just that, attacking the individual and avoiding the actual topic at hand.

I have seen her repeatedly bully others based on sex, religion, and race. Body shaming is another tactic employed often as well.

If there was a legitimate basis for your complaints would it not better serve your purpose to alert the MODS and employ a civil discourse as opposed to acting in the same manner that you decry in others? No.... Of course not, you're not a leftist and only those on the left can be hypocrites!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Mud pit rules are slightly different then regular threads

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It's a 'good political news story'? It's so good that it has to be in the mudpit. How wonderful! Like I said, you just couldn't let it go. You had to post it in the only forum that it would be allowed in. You could have said "Meh, the mudpit. It isn't worth it." but you didn't. If it was sooooooo newsworthy, it would have been allowed elsewhere. Like I said before, you are a 'love and light' person until someone disagrees with you. Then the fangs come out. Hence, you just HAD to post it, in the mudpit no less.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Many people find it interesting. Many people are clear the statements are racist.

8 people are now considered many people?

Lol.

I wasn't counting flags. I was meaning the amount of news papers it is in, the fact it is trending on twitter and that many elected officials, including Trump, have found it interesting enough to comment on.
edit on 23-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

It's a 'good political news story'? It's so good that it has to be in the mudpit. How wonderful! Like I said, you just couldn't let it go. You had to post it in the only forum that it would be allowed in. You could have said "Meh, the mudpit. It isn't worth it." but you didn't. If it was sooooooo newsworthy, it would have been allowed elsewhere. Like I said before, you are a 'love and light' person until someone disagrees with you. Then the fangs come out. Hence, you just HAD to post it, in the mudpit no less.

I don't know what you are going on about love light and fangs. I am normally a nice person. I don't come out with any fangs.

I don't tell you what is useful to make a thread about or not. I thought it was still useful no matter where I was told to write it.

It IS newsworthy. Ask all the newspapers that have printed it.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Fair enough. The context is appropriate in this scenario I suppose. That doesn't change the irony of how hypocritical the poster I replied to was though.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

His comments look to me like a considered and deliberate provocation.

He is winding people up.

You are giving him exactly what he hoped for.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He is winding people up.

Newspapers already gave him that. He also seemed to wish to lose his job. It was already well known today before I made the thread. I really don't know that he has a deep motivation. He has said horrible things like this in the past.
edit on 23-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Perhaps he will move into talk show radio next?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I'm hypocritical for pointing out hypocrisy?

Brilliant !

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The precedent has been set long before now. If you disagree with Obama it is solely because you are a racist. Ergo, if you disagree with Milo it is because you are homophobic.

There are plenty of people who have disagreed with Obama for all manner of reasons. There are also asshole bigots who hate or more commonly, think less of Obama simply because he's black.

You can't have it both ways. If everyone that dislikes or disagrees with Obama is a racist, then I can and WILL call you a homophobe EVERY SINGLE CHANCE I GET. Until you realize that dislike and disagreement does not equal racism.

Nobody is trying to have anything both ways. You said something that didn't make sense as a response to anything Reldra said and instead of acknowledging, you doubled down by projecting your false perceptions onto her (and basically every other person YOU don't agree with) and not only that, now you're trying to sell some line of BS about how you're curing her of your imaginary shortcoming.

Yikes.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: seeker1963

Isn't this more about Paladino being a hateful jerk?

And progressives dont hate anyone?

Thats hilarious.

And "jerk" maybe. Thats a judgement call, but i prefer jerk to criminal.

I agree with his serious statements about the outgoing admin.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Agreed.

Most leftists are incredibly hypocritical.

I have seen her repeatedly bully others based on sex, religion, and race. Body shaming is another tactic employed often as well.

Well hell, 100% of the members of the whiny wingnut crybully mob of neo-victim reactionaries are hypcocrites. (I assume you're keeping score).

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

He is winding people up.

You mean the exact same thing that the OP'er continues to do over and over. Nothing but one troll post after another, she knows it and apparently relishes the fact . Why the mods don't shut her down is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You might be interested in the REST of his answer, quoted from the same source as the OP.

It’s about two progressive elitist ingrates who have hated their country so badly and destroyed its fabric in so many respects in 8 years.

It’s about them diminishing the respect for their country on the world scene, surrendering its status as the protector of human rights, disgracing the memory of its veterans who gave so much.

It’s about demeaning and weakening what was the most powerful military in the world, firing hundreds of good soldier Generals and Admirals who refused Barack’s illegal and irresponsible dictates.

Michelle hated America before her husband won. She then enjoyed all the attention, the multi -million dollar vacations, the huge staff and other benefits. Then when Hillary lost, she and Barack realized that without Hillary, there was no one to protect the little, if any, legacy he had. That’s when Michelle came out and said there is no hope for America. Good, let her leave and go someplace she will be happy.

As for Barack, he’s a yellow-bellied coward who left thousands to die in Syria and especially Aleppo and he gets on TV and says he feels bad he couldn’t do anything about it.

He supported the mass migration without vetting of people from Muslim countries and the open borders, not for the people, but to expand the democratic base to a permanent majority.

He couldn’t care less about the people. He just commuted the sentences of another 650 drug pushers responsible for selling poison to our kids.

It’s about the middle class, silent majority, rising up to destroy the Republican and Democrat establishment in America.

It’s about the end of an era when the people took all their information from the main street media, letting them tell us what the issues are and how to resolve those issues. People no longer trust the press.

It’s about that fraudulent, shadow government with a lazy ass president who allowed non-Americans like Valerie Jarret to run the government on a day to day basis and order the Stand down in Benghazi and the later cover-up that does matter.

It’s about Lois Lerner and the head of the IRS and the other criminal officials who haven’t been prosecuted or even investigated because the leaders of the progressive movement are above the law.

It’s about the end of the progressive movement and reset of the direction of America for the next 30 years.

It’s about a president who interfered in a presidential election for his successor so flagrantly that he called Trump unfit for office.

It’s about a president who for eight years did absolutely nothing for black children in our urban centers held prisoner by the cycle of poverty and illegitimate black leadership more interested in power and preserving their voting base by keeping them hungry and uneducated in the inner cities.

And yes, it’s about a little deprecating humor which America lost for a long time. Merry Christmas and tough luck if you don’t like my answer.

Yes, these are all valid arguments, but of course "racism" is the only important issue.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you that dense? I would tell you my true motivation but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You mean the exact same thing that the OP'er continues to do over and over. Nothing but one troll post after another, she knows it and apparently relishes the fact . Why the mods don't shut her down is beyond me.

Where's the guy going on about "scolding the exercise of free speech" when you need him?

It's pretty damn odd that you're so offended by a bigot being called out for his bigotry that you think the OP should be censored but you're not at all concerned with bigoted rantings of the elected official.

That's your political allegiance effing with you.
edit on 2016-12-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join