It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piece of crap Oprah Winfrey and the Manipulation of Wall Street

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I'm not a fan of Oprah at all, but really? She invested in something she knew she could add value to, and has reaped the benefits of doing so.

I don't understand what the gripe is with this.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
'Piece of crap Oprah Winfrey'

I am just waiting for some leftwinger to call you a racist for that comment

S&F

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Famous person known to have weight problems ,joins weight watchers, loses weight, becomes their spokesperson in ads.
Their stock goes up, which is probably why they were interested in this deal to begin with and/or to attract more customers.

My GOD!!! WHAT is the world coming to?????

LOL.

That "famous person" was basketball legend CHARLES BARKLEY for 2 years. He gained back all the weight he lost, and Weight Watchers wasn't too happy about it. Maybe Oprah replaced Charles.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
I like Springer MUCH better. Can you imagine if he had a book club like Oprah?

Some previous selections from the Jerry Springer Book Club:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Raggedyman

more a question of why people worship this greedy selfish woman

Same reason they worship Dr Phil or Judge Judy...TV? Give them "Bread & Circuses"

Oprah LOVES bread!

And, she puts on a good circus. At least she did for while there! I don't anyone who watches Oprah anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You might call Oprah a "piece of crap" ... but she's worth 1,000 times what most of us will ever make in a lifetime.

Oprah: rich scumbag
Trump: rich scumbag

The only difference I see is one fits and supports the ideas that some people already have.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

SnF!

She is hateful and cold towards her own family.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Piece of crap Oprah Winfrey and the Manipulation of Wall Street

Again, a piece of crap...

I have to say that such an emotional (hateful) reaction on your part, such nasty name calling, says more about you than Oprah!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

She's a scumbag. Knows how to make a lot of money. Uses her fame to make more money. She's perfect!

Oprah for President 2020!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I'm not a fan of Oprah at all, but really? She invested in something she knew she could add value to, and has reaped the benefits of doing so.

I don't understand what the gripe is with this.

Smart business moves are only acknowledged when their side does them. If one of their overweight icons did this, we'd get completely different responses.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I want to make this short and sweet.

While attempting to educate myself with information on the internet, I stumbled and fell angrily into the pits of realization. Dazed and confused, I climbed back to reality, wondering what in fact was to blame for my loss of balance. I discovered Oprah Winfrey’s no longer big fat legs in a pair of skinny jeans, housing the only thing that hasn’t lost weight…

Her wallet!!

Oprah's New Bod Is a Gift to Weight Watchers
(and a gift to her bank account)

Oprah Winfrey has lost 40 pounds since joining Weight Watchers—and that's doubly good news for her.

After climbing as much as 19% to $12.50 on Thursday, per Bloomberg, shares of Weight Watchers were sitting at $12.02 as of this writing, meaning the nearly 6.4 million shares in the company that Oprah bought for $43.2 million in October 2015 are now worth about $77 million.

That's a $10 million boost from Wednesday, reports CNNMoney.

Reading this made me want to tear my hair out! WTF Oprah!!! You are a piece of crap and a Bilderberg. Do us a favor and find the nearest bridge! One that you preferably DIDN’T invest in!

This is nothing more than a complete manipulation of the stock market. Oprah knows how much weight (pun!), her name carries as well as her actions. She knew damn well that investing almost $45 million into Weight Watchers in October and then loosing a significant amount of weight herself (in the future), would raise the price of shares.

You may have a different opinion, which I don’t really care about. This is a prime example of the game being played on you and I. The law dictates what is acceptable, just not what is desired by almost 99% of the population. I guess that makes her a part of the despicable 1%.

Do us a favor and invest in something that really makes a difference, not something that strictly does the opposite.

Again, a piece of crap...

Why do you hate capitalism?

<< 1   >>

join