It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piece of crap Oprah Winfrey and the Manipulation of Wall Street

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I want to make this short and sweet.

While attempting to educate myself with information on the internet, I stumbled and fell angrily into the pits of realization. Dazed and confused, I climbed back to reality, wondering what in fact was to blame for my loss of balance. I discovered Oprah Winfrey’s no longer big fat legs in a pair of skinny jeans, housing the only thing that hasn’t lost weight…

Her wallet!!

Oprah's New Bod Is a Gift to Weight Watchers
(and a gift to her bank account)

Oprah Winfrey has lost 40 pounds since joining Weight Watchers—and that's doubly good news for her.

After climbing as much as 19% to $12.50 on Thursday, per Bloomberg, shares of Weight Watchers were sitting at $12.02 as of this writing, meaning the nearly 6.4 million shares in the company that Oprah bought for $43.2 million in October 2015 are now worth about $77 million.

That's a $10 million boost from Wednesday, reports CNNMoney.

Reading this made me want to tear my hair out! WTF Oprah!!! You are a piece of crap and a Bilderberg. Do us a favor and find the nearest bridge! One that you preferably DIDN’T invest in!

This is nothing more than a complete manipulation of the stock market. Oprah knows how much weight (pun!), her name carries as well as her actions. She knew damn well that investing almost $45 million into Weight Watchers in October and then loosing a significant amount of weight herself (in the future), would raise the price of shares.

You may have a different opinion, which I don’t really care about. This is a prime example of the game being played on you and I. The law dictates what is acceptable, just not what is desired by almost 99% of the population. I guess that makes her a part of the despicable 1%.

Do us a favor and invest in something that really makes a difference, not something that strictly does the opposite.

Again, a piece of crap...

edit on 23-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Greetings-

Hey, what is this Mickey Mantle rookie card worth? What someone is willing to spend. Nothing more.

Now hopefully MORE people will get the incentive to lose weight so they don't keep sucking up "Affordable Healthcare" if it gets 100 people off the expressway to 'Die-A-Beat-Us' then I'm all for it...

I remind You:

There is no value in Life except what You choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what Your bring to it Yourself...

Now instead of dialysis maybe folks will feel they need to buy even more crap they don't need and that will 'simulate' the economy.. We can only hope.

Ours not to reason why...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What can you say? Her name sells!

I bet you the other stock holders do not share the same view as you.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So you're pissed off because she is a smart businessperson? Seems kind of petty or is it jealousy.

If you could do the same, would you?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well whatever she did it probably wasn't following the weight watchers routine,yes there are some success stories but most like me join and dont achieve much at all could it be they milk your subscriptions with slow results?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Wait...is she STILL a big fat piece of crap...or a thin piece of crap now?
She tends to morph frequently.

Imagine those stretch marks...her body probably looks like a Brooklyn road map.
edit on 23-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oprah and Hillary are cut from the same fabric. They are self serving pigs, regardless of the fat hanging off them at any given moment

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Is she "a piece of crap and a Bilderberg" for hawking a product she is spokesperson for? How does that work? The SEC has no problems with it, why would you? Oprah is by no means the saint she is portrayed to be, but how does "Oprah Winfrey’s no longer big fat legs in a pair of skinny jeans, housing the only thing that hasn’t lost weight…" make a difference? You do realize that many "pieces of crap" also profited from Weight Watchers stock price increase, right? Who knows what is every single investment in their retirement portfolio? I'd venture not many to the point of knowing that a mutual fund they're vested in contains Weight Watchers.

Good financial advisers, give good advice to clients; I'm sure many people who hate Oprah, but aren't aware of all the stock holdings (mainly mutual funds that take an actuarial acumen to fully understand - for most passive retirement investors) in their portfolio contain Weight Watchers and I'd bet a $20 to a bottle of piss that those investors wouldn't move out of their position because it's Oprah. They want a good return. They want security, and any financial adviser who got a client into a Weight Watcher's position before it's impressive increase would be doing exactly their job and their clients would be happy.

So what is it that this stock price increase does to anyone in a negative fashion (unless your shorted the stock because you hoped for an Oprah failure)? How does increasing wealth make you a "piece of crap" (I'm sure you can remind of all the terrible things Oprah has done that would make her a piece of crap, but this thread is in reference to a stock price increase)? Bash on Oprah all you want, doesn't hurt my feelings or change I how I feel about Oprah, but many 'normal' folks with retirement income vehicles have benefited from this "piece of crap". In no way, does this OP make any sense - notwithstanding the opportunity to bash Oprah and mention her "fat legs" and propensity to "eat [housing] anything that hasn't lost weight" - it's an entirely transparent slam against Oprah for whatever reason and has nothing to do with her helping thousands, if not millions, increase their money/asset portfolio.

PS It's so transparent I'm in a thread 'supporting' Oprah. Strange times.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Famous person known to have weight problems ,joins weight watchers, loses weight, becomes their spokesperson in ads.
Their stock goes up, which is probably why they were interested in this deal to begin with and/or to attract more customers.

My GOD!!! WHAT is the world coming to?????

LOL.

edit on 23-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I usually find people with limited education as yourself put down larger people have mental issues themselves. This op should be trashed now you have had your say.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes Oprah manipulates people and manipulates the stock market for her own gain.
It's disgusting but lawful and considered buisness savvy.
I think the issue isn't operas greed, more a question of why people worship this greedy selfish woman
Then we see her standards as low as they are as something to be achieved

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I can't keep up with the revolving rules. So Oprah is a piece of crap for doing this but in the same breath people are praising Trump and electing him president for the same self-promotion? I'm so confused...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah but trump has her beat. He can do it with a tweet.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Smart strategy - it'd be impossible to prove manipulation.

Now in the Libor scandal that had been going on for years, only 1 person was ever convicted

en.wikipedia.org...

As of August 2015, UBS trader Thomas Alexander William Hayes was the only person convicted in connection with the Libor scandal. In the UK, six bankers accused over Libor were cleared in early 2016.[23][24]

edit on 23-12-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

more a question of why people worship this greedy selfish woman

Same reason they worship Dr Phil or Judge Judy...TV? Give them "Bread & Circuses"

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Exactly. What is he/she even complaining about? This is similar to why many corporate executives prefer stock options over large direct salaries. If they can get the company's value to increase, the value of their stock options increase. But if they cause the company's stock value to decrease too much, the value of their stock options are worthless.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Um..... it's not illegal to invest in a company that you have plans to greatly increase the value of via marketing.

WTF is this thread about?

P.S.

Thread title is funny though. I'll give you that.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yeah but trump has her beat. He can do it with a tweet.

But at least he isn't Hillary

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I like Springer MUCH better. Can you imagine if he had a book club like Oprah?

I dont begrudge anyone making money... I just cant stand her and think she is full of crap. She's a proven liar.. so she is kind of a non entity to me. Doesnt exist in my world.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I haven't paid much attention to Oprah in years. I don't care for her politics and I find her to be disingenuous. That being said, she is a savvy businesswoman and as far as I know, she did nothing illegal. Good for her. She has more money than she can spend in 10 lifetimes. YAY! I have better things to do than be jealous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join