It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump receives 'very nice' Christmas letter from Putin-Bromance contiues-Friendly Relations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Of course Putin is getting all nice with Trump. Trump's not going to get in the way of Putin's ambitions.

The Ukrainians and the Georgians must be happy.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: BlueMule

So it rebuilds it's military, so what then?

That depends on how much damage his puppet can do.

I think Putin overestimates the strength of the American executive branch, and overestimates trumps predictability. Trump won't be able to do as much damage to us as he hopes.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Is this just a personal theory or do you have any info?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Is this just a personal theory or do you have any info?

I've listened to podcasts with analysts who have spent a lot of time in Russia recently. Putin is coming from a point of view that has a lot of power in the executive branch. No surprise.

Our executive branch is much more constrained. Trump will feel limits from restraints that he didn't anticipate. He will struggle against those restraints in an effort to give Putin what he wants.

I think he will get caught circumventing or sabotaging those restraints and get impeached.

edit on 962Friday000000America/ChicagoDec000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Do you agree with the no lobbying for 5 years after serving in the Trump admin.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you agree with the no lobbying for 5 years after serving in the Trump admin.

It's not something I've looked into but my hot take is yes I agree.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The wound you got in your heart when your corrupted candidate Hillary lost is getting deeper instead of healing.

You must understand America doesn't want your liberal ideology. With time, next generations will forget you, you need to decide between evolution or extinction.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Do you agree that there should be some sort of tariffs in place to help keep some manufacturing in the US?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The wound you got in your heart when your corrupted candidate Hillary lost is getting deeper instead of healing.

You must understand America doesn't want your liberal ideology. With time, next generations will forget you, you need to decide between evolve or face extinction.

I've never been more disappointed in you. Your post feels cold and cruel.

Leaving aside the fact that you're wrong about what America wants. But Ideologies don't go extinct. They, like people, live on in the collective unconscious. They are not forgotten. They come around again in a new form. Just like everything else.

Trying to repress or forget the ones you don't like doesn't work. It's like squeezing a sausage at one end. It just bulges on the other end. Didn't you learn anything from the backlash against PC? Replacing the old politically correct with a brand new politically correct will just end up the same way.

edit on 974Friday000000America/ChicagoDec000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

There are people who will never be at peace with Trump as POTUS. We have to remember what was happening 3 months ago. There was some pretty serious concerns about the Russians and US getting into a shoving match.

That tension between Us and Russia has been greatly reduced.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Good thing you came. My post fits you too.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yes it does.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

How is mutual respect sucking up

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sure, Trump isn't the only ignorant politician in DC but he's the only one sucking up to Putin.
Oh really, in what way has Trump "sucked up" to Putin. I hate to have to tell you the obvious picture of reality, which is that politicians ARE PC COWARDS. Here are the exceptions we know about:
Putin
Trump

So there you go, and obvious match-up there having exactly the opposite to do with "sucking up". See? The opposite. While I'm perfectly able to see that Trump and Putin are "alpha male" (self-censored) I don't see the other part of the equation you speak of.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

He whipped HRC but good. And she was the smartest person in the world. What does that make Trump?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sure, Trump isn't the only ignorant politician in DC but he's the only one sucking up to Putin.

What I've always thought funny about liberals is that they are all scared of what could happen with a Trump presidency and Russia.

Not sure where you've been the last 8 years, but Putin has done whatever he wanted under Obama and then to relax he's made him look like an idiot.

I think Putin was hoping for a Hillary win. After all, all he would need to do then to do whatever he wanted was write a check to the Clinton Global Initiative.

You know, just become another part-owner.
edit on 19Fri, 23 Dec 2016 19:09:05 -0600America/Chicago16rd2016-12-23T19:09:05-06:00pmFridayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Not to mention that there was a real possibility that Russia and the US squaring off.

And would Obama know how to diffuse a volatile situation?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Not to mention that there was a real possibility that Russia and the US squaring off.

And would Obama know how to diffuse a volatile situation?

I'm assuming by how he has done before. Playing cards with a guard outside the situation room until something happened.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Judging from the mess the world is in, I think he should have played a few more hands.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I do hope this is all genuine and not smoke in mirrors.

Russia and USA as friends will solve a lot of international problems.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join