It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Fighter-Turned-Cop Fired For Reporting Fellow Cop for Rape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh, here is a good story on corruption if Sean's story is true. The brass cover for a dirty cop and even stretch out a rape investigation so that the statute of limitations expires and the dirty cop can retire with full benefits! (Not to mention fabricating evidence and framing people).

thefreethoughtproject.com...

UFC fighter turned police officer Sean Gannon has been fired and was asked to turn in his gun and badge after he blew the whistle on a dirty cop and turned him in to the FBI.

Gannon conducted an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit recently, where he stated,

“Hello, I’m UFC Vet Sean Gannon, the only guy to ever defeat Kimbo (RIP) bareknuckle. AMA. Actually ask me anything for the next 17 hours because after turning in a dirty cop to the FBI, I’ve been ordered to turn in my badge and gun at 7:00pm, and I’ll likely be ordered to not discuss my case further.”

Gannon then linked to a page on mixmartialarts.com where the situation was already explained more in depth.

Instead of finding the bad guy, he invented one. He took three innocent black kids and threatened them with bogus 20-year cases if they didn’t help him fabricate a phony warrant for his fake murder suspect.

Coincidentally, it was Holland’s desire to get his face on camera that resulted in an old rape accusation surfacing.

“He just had to get his face on camera. He just couldn’t get enough. And one day, a young woman watching TV said ‘That’s him! That’s the man that raped me!’ he had skated all those years, but finally his lust for the camera did him in. It was a cold case, 14 years ago, and she lived in Cape Cod, she would have never seen him again if he didn’t have to be on camera all the time. One of his detectives once said, ‘He was a Lieutenant Detective,’ all he had to do was stay in the office and make sure his men had the resources they needed to do the job. But he just couldn’t do that. There is one piece of DNA that doesn’t go away. She couldn’t give up the baby.”

Gannon went on to say that since the girl was a child at the time, there is absolutely no way that the sexual encounter could have been consensual. He also said that the police department intentionally drug their feet on the investigation so the statute of limitations would pass.

“They let him retire! With his pension! They let him retire without having to register as a Sex Offender, so nobody was ever warned there was a predator among their children!

edit on 23-12-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Criminals tend to protect other criminals

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In the Reddit thread he did he mentions that he likes pizza versus burgers.

UNLESS IT'S A CHEESEBURGER.

Obviously he's involved in this pizzagate stuff, right? That's how this works?

As for him getting fired, it'll be interesting to see what the FBI does with his offerings. Very likely won't ever hear anything other than his side about why he was terminated, as I expect BPD will claim "personnel matters are confidential" and unless this winds up in a high-profile court case, it won't come out.

Supposedly they'd been looking for a reason to fire him for a while though, going all the way back to the Kimbo fight.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The name Christopher Dorner comes to mind...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

UNLESS IT'S A CHEESEBURGER.

Obviously he's involved in this pizzagate stuff, right? That's how this works?

As for him getting fired, it'll be interesting to see what the FBI does with his offerings. Very likely won't ever hear anything other than his side about why he was terminated, as I expect BPD will claim "personnel matters are confidential" and unless this winds up in a high-profile court case, it won't come out.

Supposedly they'd been looking for a reason to fire him for a while though, going all the way back to the Kimbo fight.

Spin your wheels all you want...if you want any traction...you should post sources.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

What exactly am I supposed to be sourcing again?

The pizzagate claim? That was a joke, made in reference to PG pushers making connections from tiny little details.

The "personnel matters are confidential" bit? You want me to source that employers generally don't discuss disciplinary action taken against an employee unless the employee takes them to court over it?

Sorry that all sailed over your head. You and whomever starred you, rather. Lol

edit on 23-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh, here is a good story on corruption if Sean's story is true.

I am a regular reader of Bloody Elbow and of the MMA sites on the web, BE is far and away the best with its investigative journalism, so I expect this to be on BE's main page, shortly. If true...

On topic, did Gannon share the age of the alleged rape victim at the time of the alleged act? It's a Catch-22, while I hope she wasn't a minor, let alone one who was raped, but dang if that DNA evidence will not be a disaster for the cop and BPD!

I've searched, but only found the one link you provided, have you found a second source of this story (beyond, Reddit - which I have never used, but heard that some of its info is a bit sketchy and hard to secondarily source)? I hope the BPD's alleged vendetta against Gannon, based on his Kimbo fight, isn't true. I need to hear some good stories concerning American LEOs. This is diametrically opposed to my fancy for 'good' stories.

Thanks for the post and I'll be on top of it and keeping my eye on your thread. S&F

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I didn't find anything in my search that didn't ultimately lead back to Reddit. Several MMA sites and the like, but all using the AMA as their source material for it. Be interesting to see if he gets any traction. I saw at least one attorney offering pro-bono help for him, so hopefully a journalist catches wind of it also.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Read about this on Sherdog. Having lived in MA, it sounds very plausible.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Our experiences seem to be the same with the exception of the lawyer offering pro-bono help - didn't read that part. The UFC is a $4.2USD sports industry and this looks like a good opportunity for them to get some solid PR in offering pro-bono legal advice, if true.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I need to hear some good stories concerning American LEOs.

Sometimes I do too, so I bookmarked this page a while back:

8 Stories of Cops Being Absolutely Awesome in 2015

If you're like me, be prepared... blurry screen alert!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thanks. I very much gave Sherdog the top dawg of MMA sites/board award for years, but BE seems to have the SB Nation bankroll to hire writers with specific fields of interest (e.g. Ian Kidd at BE is the anti-doping 'expert', Brent Brookhouse used to be the best investigative journalist in the MMA world, and Connor Reubusch is the boxing 'expert', to name a few), which by virtue of diversity gets my vote for 'best' MMA site.

PS I am not at all saying you believe Sherdog versus Bloody Elbow is the issue here - I editorialized the 'best MMA site' in regards to investigative journalism. Simply, wanted to make that clear. Again, thanks for the heads up on Sherdog as I very much enjoy the site.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The pizzagate claim? That was a joke, made in reference to PG pushers making connections from tiny little details.

The "personnel matters are confidential" bit? You want me to source that employers generally don't discuss disciplinary action taken against an employee unless the employee takes them to court over it?

UNLESS IT'S A CHEESEBURGER

Does that make it easier for you?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

yea it probably does.
also, like it would be the first time LEOs, all the way up to the chiefs would be caught covering up for their fellow criminals...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Go read the AMA if you're confused about him liking cheeseburgers

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I go to SD for the forums not articles.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thank goodness you're not a cop, judging by your pizzagate deflection you would help back this sicko.

Shame he got away with it even after getting caught, if that was a regular Joe he would be behind bars and owning child support.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Judging by your complete inability to grasp a joke, I bet you're a real peach to hang out with. Thank goodness I don't have to.

Shame you have to jump to wildly inaccurate personal attacks in an effort to score points.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Go read the AMA if you're confused about him liking cheeseburgers

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I go to SD for the forums not articles.

Hence, I mentioned sites/boards, as SD has some civil individuals participating. BE's comments' section is excellently moderated, so maybe you would enjoy those forums - if you haven't already done so and developed an opinion.

Max Holloway is going to be the guy who beats Aldo in a complete 5-rounder, and as a 24 year old, he has yet to develop into his 'man's body' and will eventually move to 155lb and take Conor's belt. Mark it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join