It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duality....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
can anyone explain duality to me please....im not sure what it means....maybe someone here knows?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kais123

I think it means being a citizen of two country's. Short sweet answer and maybe not the answer to your question

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Go-Go-Gadget Dictionary!
( *flips page to the 'D' section* )

Go-Go-Gadget Internet Search Engine!
( *inputs "Duality" and presses "Search" * )

edit on 12/23/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It can be an instance of opposition or contrast between two concepts or two aspects of something.
Or maybe not.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

trans4mind.com... are many examples of duality.

"Opposites" are not really opposites. Instead, they are two sides of the same thing. For example, health and sickness are two sides of what might be termed "physiological condition."

"There are many examples of duality. In these examples, the yin is mentioned first, as in yin/yang.
1. General examples: feminine/masculine, mother/father, passivity/activity, dark/light, body/mind, intuition/logic, night/day, soft/hard, internal/external, wet/dry, follower/leader, receptive/creative, and nature/technology.
2. Examples from the psyche: shadow/ego, shadow/persona, and unconscious/conscious mind.
3. Examples from the natural world: the north and south poles of a magnet, the positive and negative charge of an electrical current, the wave motion of light, and the alternation of winter and summer."

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

trans4mind.com... are many examples of duality.

"Opposites" are not really opposites. Instead, they are two sides of the same thing. For example, health and sickness are two sides of what might be termed "physiological condition."

"There are many examples of duality. In these examples, the yin is mentioned first, as in yin/yang.
1. General examples: feminine/masculine, mother/father, passivity/activity, dark/light, body/mind, intuition/logic, night/day, soft/hard, internal/external, wet/dry, follower/leader, receptive/creative, and nature/technology.
2. Examples from the psyche: shadow/ego, shadow/persona, and unconscious/conscious mind.
3. Examples from the natural world: the north and south poles of a magnet, the positive and negative charge of an electrical current, the wave motion of light, and the alternation of winter and summer."
thanks for posting.....i did read somewhere that Zebras symbolise duality....am i right in thinking that....or does someone know different.??

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The perfect union of contrary things? Sorry, couldn't help but quote that book.😎

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Geki09

It seems to be a great Tool to scribe A Perfect Circle

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Duality"
We used to call it binary.
You only get two possibilities, yes/no, on/off, etc.
String as many of these together as you need to get the job done.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In politics and religion duality is often uses to manipulate people to agree with the manipulator and not question the logic and facts of the deceiver. Nazi Germany is a good example of this manipulation creating a us vs them duality based on exaggerations and false facts. Here is another perfect example.

edit on 23-12-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123
can anyone explain duality to me please....im not sure what it means....maybe someone here knows?

Another example is saying one thing and meaning another. Deceptive intent, hypocrisy, lying.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Interesting comparison-zebras. Then the same would hold true for leopards and tigers...best I can say to define...is by addressing the duality of man.

Good and bad...both are found within the single man. Nature? Sky and ocean, trees and earth.

Happy Holidays
MS

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I always thought of duality as the mind having a delusion of ego. That is, the mind having the delusion that the mind is separate from reality. In reality, the mind is not separate from reality but we are not capable of comprehending the experience without have the delusion of duality.

Without duality the word science has no meaning. We must experience ourselves as separate from reality in order to talk about it. To the mystic zero equals infinity. To the scientist zero never equals infinity.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
duality was a video... I don't wanna get into any more than that.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Dualism in philosophy often refers to two realms of existence. The physical and the spiritual/mental. People argue that there cannot be both, some say they are the same. Read Descartes for a start, Spinoza also has good arguments

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

It is ego/thought that perceives subject/object distinctions, and all 'duality'.
There is no such distinction inherent in that which is perceived; the 'distinction' (all 'duality') has it's entire existence as a perceived 'thought'.
All 'qualities' tall vs short, good vs evil, life vs death, etc... all exist in the thoughts of the beholder!
We perceive 'something' and 'thought' tells us that it is 'this' and not 'that'.
All thought is like a grid, fragmenting that which is One (schizophrenia), that all might be Known!
To actually 'believe' these thoughts of division and autonomy is insanity!

Duality is how all that exists is Known, but all is One, not many, as appearances and thoughts suggest.
All apparent 'opposites' make the Whole One!

"Every kind of partial and transitory disequilibrium must perforce contribute towards the great equilibrium of the whole.." - Rene' Guenon

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

It means that we can really only understand the meaning of things in relation to something else. Typically the most opposite.

For example, to understand the meaning of Good one compares it to Evil or Bad. Or light to darkness. etc. Because without that duality a single "thing" has no meaning by itself. It just is.

Going deeper you then realize how those two things, because of their interconnected nature of existence can't really be different things at all but are simply representations of a unified thing. Since for one to have meaning the other must also exist so therefor they cannot be separate at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys...its been a very interesting read

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Tell us how You perceive Duality?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Tell us how You perceive Duality?