It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family sues to let daughter play on boys team

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TranceopticalinclinedI've seen girls that could handle guys twice their size.

So 1 team, and choose all the best with no regard for gender. I'll sign that.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I say she should be allowed to try out for the team. If she's good enough she'll make it, if not she'll be cut. No way should she just be put on the team, that's not how it works.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: Bluntone22

Something needs to be done, we can't have gender only sports teams forever, it's kinda dumb.

I think co-ed sports should be around, if physical issues get in the way, balance them, I've seen girls that could handle guys twice their size.

Physical matters but not as much if you have heart.

Not to mention, this will further draw attention to the issue and will get more people thinking about it and solutions to try and perfect.

It's a matter of population though, don't punish the few at every school for something we're too stupid to come to a solution of.

Our lack of imagination and tact shouldn't be an acceptable reason for inequality.

Yes we can and should continue to have them seperate..

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, 1 team for both genders will not work. males will take up 90% of positions in every sport. Then we will have to start this process all over again to separate them.
First females will get mad because there are no women playing, and will claim coaches are discriminating on gender not skill on who is on the field.
And then SJW's will demand every team is half males/half females. Then once this happens, the game is played to the lower common denominator for fairness, easier rules for the game, true competition is bled out of the sport.
And then due to the sheer force a male can deliver on a check/tackle/blow/trip/spike/hit/throw the games will become severely safety regulated to death. A male can take the force of another male, females in sports, even today are much more prone to injury, add in contact from the force males and it will be a bloodbath.
Then combined with the sexual arousal issue, boyfriend/girlfriend issue, instinctive bond to protect females.
After about 30-50 years after they made them coed they would resegregrate the genders in sports, but not before they totally destroy the sport for males.

Could you imagine the fights in football if a male defender hit a female too hard. Those armored knights would go to war.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
let her play but make her and her parents sign a waiver saying they won`t sue anybody when she gets hurt, because these are the kind of people who sue for every little thing.These are the kind of people who sue other people for the bad choices that THEY themselves made.These are the kind of people who won`t take responsibility for their bad decisions they want somebody else to give them money to sooth their grief after their poor decision causes them pain.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

That was my point. He said how amazing women are ... but no way he would accept my suggestion because he knows women wouldn't make the cut.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yep, let her try out and make it on merit.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In high school we had a woman try out for the football team. She did great until the first padded practice when she got hit so hard it literally put her in a coma. She was in the hospital for over a week.

I will agree that girls between the ages of 10 to 13 are on the same playing field as boys that age because boys have not hit puberty yet. My 10 year old is twice the size of any boy in her grade and dominates on the field at school in any sport. But once the boys become men its game over. She will need to play wth other women because men are simply bigger and stronger after age 16. Its science.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

She did great until the first padded practice when she got hit so hard it literally put her in a coma.

I hope that's an exaggeration, but honestly it's the only way to learn.

Every single human on earth has, or eventually will, learn that stoves are hot.

Some things you can do, some things you cannot.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Apparently this young lady wants to play with the boys because her school didn't have enough girls for a team of their own.
This is a saint school so it's likely private. That might effect the lawsuit.

I say no.
Many schools don't have boys volleyball but do have girls teams. Do boys get to play? I doubt it.

There are many options for her to play basketball. They need to explore those options.

www.nj.com...-homepage-featured

Would you have a problem if they only allowed you to play volleyball like you wanted!
No reason in hell why any sex cannot play any public school sport.
Private schools discriminate on sexual lines alone, will do so at their own legal peril!
She probably plays better than many boys, or they wouldn't fear her playing and, perhaps, showing up all those desperately insecure and fragile male egos! *__-

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: zosimov

Cheaper than a lawyer? Lol

I had a girl just finished 18U (18 and under) League, where she played for four years. She also played in the 16U for two (skipped 12U).
Signing up for the team - $1500
Tourney Entry Fee - $300-$600 (plus travel and lodging)
Catching Coach - $200/hour
Batting Coach - $50/hour (kid volunteers as a catcher)
Bats - $300-$500 each
Catching Equipment - $1500 a season minimum (constant wear)
Travel - varies - with 10-15 tourneys per season and 3 seasons per year the games are held all over the country. Travel is on the parents, as is the living arrangements and food for the players.

I just had a 15 year old start this year in 16U and believe me, it is a relief that she is playing short stop. The money saved on catching training and gear will be astronomical.

Scouts don't look at High School teams for softball players. If you want to go to college, you have to play travel ball. They both play High School ball as well, an mien Gott does the difference show through. Not that I take anything away from the girls on the HS team, its just that the amount of focus and drive travel ball instills in the kid really is on display in every move.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

you forgot having to share the shower room , or will she demand a separate facility .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join