It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you get your family for x-mas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sassymcsnickerson

Sounds awesome.
I bet you're a good cook.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22that's awesome. Hope he likes his gift

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

My family and me already received a huge Christmas gift.

A brand new kick a$$ president. But we are going to the mall for clothes too.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ski school for my both my kids and new gear, im so poor right now.

For my parents a spa day for my mom and elder scroll online for my dad.

Me and my bro stoped gifting a long time ago.

Joyeux noel et bonne annee a tous.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We try to keep amounts reasonable, 3-4 gifts each for the kids and 2-4 shared gifts for them. If we exceed 10 total, we got too much stuff. They buy gifts for each other, too, their personal cap is 2 things each because they think less gifts bought means more thought was put into the gift (they're on the right track here!)

Older daughter from me & mine: A Monster High doll she's been adoring, a dollhouse, a sweat shirt & sweat pants outfit in her favorite color, since she asked for a new outfit to keep warm in.
She's been asking for the dollhouse for years, she's not going to expect it at all.

Younger daughter from me & mine: A Spiderman doll, a Darth Vader doll, a rubic's cube. She's obsessed with the first two, and specifically asked for a rubic's to challenge herself with. This kid's significantly tougher to find things for, if it's not dinos, cars, Spidey or Vader, she's not generally interested.

To both to share: a bow & arrow toy for each to have at it outside, Jenga, big-ass box of legos, another box of K'Nex to add to their massive amount (they love building their own toys, hence buying the bow & arrow sets -- their K'Nex self-mades were good, but had no range)

Older daughter to younger daughter: A stuffed triceratops (this is a big deal, the younger one is a budding paleontologist, among other high-bar careers she has in mind already)
Younger daughter to older daughter: A different Monster High doll she's positive she'd love to have.

Technically, each got one extra from all of us --- got younger daughter a necklace with a triceratops pendant. It was a last-minute find by the older daughter. And got our older a make-your-own-perfume set, also a last minute find by the younger daughter.

I got my better half new work shirts he's been dropping big hints at needing/wanting (moved up in his company & needs to be presentable now, lol) And a new bottle of cologne. I had to improvise and find something different from his usual, since it was sold out everywhere I looked (Star Trek Red Shirt. Yes, we are that nerdy here) I found a sufficient substitute that isn't too different in scent, maybe slightly milder than his RS is.

With the kids, going off of previous years, I honestly think the biggest hits (aside from the dino stuff with the younger kid) are going to be the dollhouse, the bow & arrows, legos & K'Nex. The rest certainly appeals to their tastes and legit wants, but those 4 are the big deal things in their world.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I find Christmas so much easier, financially, now that my kiddos are older. They are happy with whatever.
Cash is a fantastic gift, they can choose to spend it on what they want, give some away or put it in the bank to save, whichever.
I've always given them money to buy their Dad something but, my oldest has been working some so she didn't want much help. Gaining independence and maturity, thankfully.
I always wind up buying them things to open though. Watching them open a card with money in it isn't that much fun for this sentimental old fool.

I don't have any specific wishes for myself at Christmas that anyone else could fulfill so, I will be happy watching others open their gifts and that will be my gift also.
Truly.

((hugs)) y'all have a great Christmas!

edit on 23-12-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I got me and my son both new Sigeili Snow Wolf 218's with the Arctic V24 tank. Super excited about opening/using that.

Got the oldest son one of those dinoflagellate lamps. stoked to see that sucker filled and lit up.

Haven't had an xbox in about 3 years now due to being disgusted with having to constantly replace broken XBox's (i've owned 12 total xbox 360's over the years, replacing 1 every 8 months or so). Since there are repair options available locally now, i decided to get back into gaming a little. So the wife and I treated the household to a new xbox one s. Been awhile since i've been on a killing spree....but I bet by Sunday night ill have a few notches on my controller

The wife wanted a bunch of Dallas Cowboys apparel (same as every year). So we cleaned out the NFL shop for her. If they win the super bowl i committed to buying the blue dallas cowboys christmas tree with all the ornaments for next year. My father in law already has his new paint job scheduled for his truck. He's just waiting for them to win the superbowl so he can have his truck done up as a superbowl memorial truck. LOL, my in laws.

The prime rib will be pulled out to finish thawing so I can salt it for Sunday evening. Im going to have to eat barefoot because I expect it to knock my socks off.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

How fun! It sounds like your list was pretty full this year

Daughter - Some Minecraft books and related stuffs. An awesome jacket she's been wanting and some decent boots.
Spouse - Her and I got ourselves something a little adult-esque for each other. And clothes.
Boyfriend - Black sheets.
Girlfriend - A bunch of stuff from The Awkward Yeti.
In-laws - Coffee table books
Brother-in-law - Trump head Chia Pet.
Neighbors - Some toys for the kids and popcorn tins.

My suspicions? I think my girlfriend has been knitting something for me. My boyfriend doesn't celebrate (still buying him crap 'cause I can't not buy him crap for Christmas). My spouse will probably get me some fun lotions or scents. My daughter will likely make me something fantastically adorable, as always. And extended family will probably give me assorted foods I'll utilize to make me fat like every goddamn year.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I got Lego for the kids for Christmas. I get to make Lego for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I got my family nothing for Christmas. I've never in my life bought anything for anyone for Christmas, because I don't personally celebrate ancient pagan festivals from cultures I have no connection to.
I could care less whether I receive anything, but my mother likes buying things for the family for Christmas, and if I didn't give her a detailed list of a few things I wanted, she'd get me a bunch of stuff I didn't want and would never use.
This year I've asked for:
Vacuum thermos (it's a thermos that keeps drinks cold all day)
2 flash drives
Random stuff for when I graduate college and move which I'm assuming will be dinnerware and such
I also mentioned I could use a dedicated vehicle GPS for when I move

P.S. - Jesus wasn't born on Christmas. In fact, nobody actually knows when he was born. There's no recorded birth date anywhere... Because it never happened. Do you know why we celebrate Christmas on December 25th? Because some guy in Rome basically said "Well, nobody knows when Jesus would have even been born since there's no record or proof of him whatsoever, so we'll just say he was born near the winter solstice so people can celebrate him with the other festivals they celebrate." And we're still to this day putting decorated pine trees in our homes and teaching our children about some magical Turkish monk named St. Nicholas (Santa) to celebrate some guy (of whom there's no evidence of his existence) who had nothing to do with decorated pine trees or magical Turkish monks.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You're as cuddly as a cactus.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To fricken much yet again! The 3 kids got about 3k worth of crap again.

Most notably the new iPad Air for our 8 yr old - her old iPad screen got cracked.
The boy - 9 the new 1 TB Xbox one and a bunch a games. -keeping him off mine starting Xmas morning.
And our 12 year old wanted some Dre beats head phones And a laptop.
My wife got me an Xbox elite controller, new vape tank k20 and battery. And a few shirts and what not.
I got her Givinchy hot couture perfume, new pots and pans set and a stove. ( hilariously ironic)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
our 12 year old wanted some Dre beats head phones

Oh god no... Please tell me you didn't.
The technology nerd in me is raging right now. Beats are... Well, in a polite way of speaking, bad. Send them back and get her a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s so she can learn the joys of good audio quality. Even a pair of $40 Koss Portapros is still better. Just... Anything but Beats.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Oh I know. I wasn't impressed with them.
My Astro a40's for gaming are better.
But it's the name that's makes them a desire for her.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i made the same sacrifice a few years back when i bought my son an iphone 4 when they were new/all the rage.

most overrated pieces of crap on the market.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join