It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Hijackers just took control of internal Libya flight thats now on the tarmac in Malta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

About as much to do with it as Christmas does...

What would you call the uptick in terrorist activities in the lead up to Christmas?

Not saying this hijacking is related...yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: nonspecific

It just gets worse, was enough already for the festive period with the Berlin killings, now he's dead we get this!

What needs to be done to free ourselves of this terror and threat to our children and streets?

news.sky.com...

Is it not a little soon to assume that this is definatley Islamic extremeist hell bent on spoiling Christmas?

Although likley would it not be prudent to wait for more information?
NO!

What makes you so sure? It was an internal flight and there are many reasons for hijacking planes?

Financial gain, freeing political prisoners ect?
No one knows for sure yet! Although it has been claimed that 2 hijackers have threatened to blow up the plane. And if that is true then they are terrorists are they not!

It all depends on the reason for for the bomb would it not?

I am not saying it is not but jumping to the conclusion that this has something to do with Christmas and religious terrorism seems a bit odd to me, the flight was internal and one would assume that the majority of the passengers would be of the predominant religion which is Sunni Muslim I believe and they have landed on what will now be an evacuated airport seems to suggest that the motive could not be as you assume.

We will find out soon enough and hopefully it can be resolved without any loss of life.
edit on 23/12/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Its christmas, how about everyone just relax for a few days so everyone can enjoy the x-mas spirit..

Did you miss this?

ISIS Lists U.S. Churches to Attack at Christmas

Terror pledge highlights 'bloody season' and lone wolf attacks
by Liz Logan | Updated 22 Dec 2016 at 8:43 PM

This week, we’ve heard near-constant reports and updates about the attack at a Berlin Christmas market. The attack was apparently committed by an individual claiming allegiance to ISIS, according to the terrorist group itself. www.lifezette.com...

5 countries targeted, not just the US.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The Sun off all publications seem to have a bit more info, they are claiming that the hijackers have threatened to blow up the planes with hand grenades if their demands are not met but are willing to allow the passengers to leave but not the crew.

They are also claiming the hijackers are Gaddafi supporters.

Sun article

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is just awful!!!! It says on USA Today that they have not released their demands yet but they are supporters of the late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. Seems he would go after Clinton after the rude comments she made.

"We came we saw he died" Hillary Clinton

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As an educated guess I would say that they are looking to have political prisoners released or something similar.
edit on 23/12/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
yo!

heinken reporting from malta...there is live footage going in here >

Live footage

there is some activity going on ...in fact the plane door is now opened

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
there is some guy at the door speaking on the phone

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
yo!

heinken reporting from malta...there is live footage going in here >

Live footage

there is some activity going on ...in fact the plane door is now opened

Ooh, man on the scene!

where abouts in Malta are you, have been quite a few times and would happily live there one day.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I am from senglea (part of the 3 cities)
thank you for your positive comment towards Malta!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
they maybe releasing some hostages there is a coach approaching

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
my prediction :

if the maltese authrorities are unable to resolve the incident by diplomacy and peacefull negotiation

they will request the assistance of the british govt . and the SAS will resolve it

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
my prediction :

if the maltese authrorities are unable to resolve the incident by diplomacy and peacefull negotiation

they will request the assistance of the british govt . and the SAS will resolve it

It would not suprise me, the historic links between us and the Maltise are long and positive ones.

They had a referendum on becomeing a full member of the UK in the mid 50's

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Women and children being released. Looks like there maybe connections to Gadaffi. The hijacker/s have made their demands.
There is reportedly a Libyan government official on board (past or present). It may well be related to the release on Gadaffi's son.

This may end without bloodshed. Wait and see...
edit on 23-12-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

UK also awarded us with the George Cross proudly paraded in our flag

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken
Thank you so much for the link....would you mind giving us a summary of what is happening? I can't understand anything being said

It seems as if people are being released

edit on 12/23/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Women and children being released. Looks like there maybe connections to Gadaffi. The hijacker/s have made their demands.
There is reportedly a Libyan government official o nboard (past or present).

This may end with bloodshed. Wait and see...

Hopefully it will end without the loss of any lives.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I bet they are christians 👍

I'll see myself out .

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So far I have seen about 8 women coming off the plane. The man standing in the doorway seems to have on a uniform, such as the pilot but I may be wrong.

ETA: Children are now being released
edit on 12/23/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
So far I have seen about 8 women coming off the plane. The man standing in the doorway seems to have on a uniform, such as the pilot but I may be wrong.

Prime Minister Joseph Muscat confirmed the jet had seven crew members and 111 passengers, including a baby, on board.

If they are releasing hostages then it is looking more likely that this is a politically motivated act and not an act of terrorism, sadly this will come as a great dissapointment to some people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join